Alexei Navalny - Found dead in Russian prison

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Ukraine's top spy chief says Alexei Navalny

'died from a blood clot'

amid claims that jailed Putin critic was murdered by Russian spies.

Today, however,
Kyrylo Budanov,
the head of Ukraine's GUR military intelligence service, suggested his death could be down to natural causes.

He told reporters:
'I may disappoint you,
but what we know is that he really died from a blood clot.

And this is more or less confirmed.

This was not taken from the Internet, but, unfortunately, a natural [death]'."

"Ukraine's top spy chief says Alexei Navalny

'died from a blood clot'

amid claims that jailed Putin critic was murdered by Russian spies.

Today, however,
Kyrylo Budanov,
the head of Ukraine's GUR military intelligence service, suggested his death could be down to natural causes.

He told reporters:
'I may disappoint you,
but what we know is that he really died from a blood clot.

And this is more or less confirmed.

This was not taken from the Internet, but, unfortunately, a natural [death]'."

Well, since any death is ultimately either heart failure or lung failure, he is probably 50% right. In theory. I think, however, that Budanov’s answer defines Ukraine’s official position about Navalny: for Ukraine, he is Russia’s internal issue. Of course, all Ukrainian analysts are discussing him, but Navalny’s position was never pro-Ukrainian. And I would believe that most Ukrainians feel compassion for the same reason as I do, the fact of death in an Arctic penal colony. This being said, Navalny was purely Russian opposition. I suspect that he either misjudged own role, or, on the contrary, understood that a politician’s value is determined by staying “current.” If you are merely a politician, neither a world-known chess player, nor a famous writer with a huge following, how high is your value in exile? Navalny’s biggest support group, as I can see, can be defined by age (rather young) and location (inside the country in 2008-2012). ( I understand why I was skeptical about him.) I wonder if Navalny, having returned to Russia in the beginning of 2021, could not foresee what had followed, and maybe after 2022, he expected to be swapped for someone, but this is where his judgment was not that good?

In general, it bodes to the same question, worldwide. In any country - how many opposition leaders-in-exile manage to return and eventually win the elections if they haven’t suffered for their people? If they were not jailed, or didn’t have political parents-turned-martyrs, or such? In Russia’s history, martyrdom is special. (This is how Yeltsin came to power, if you think.) It would seem to me that most opposition “of value” has struggled; Navalny never did before his arrest, and I think had he chosen to stay in Germany, his value would be low now. Sorry if someone disagrees with my opinion. RIP to any political prisoner who died in prisons’ walls.

"Navalny was close to being freed in prisoner exchange, sources claim."

In the very beginning of Navalny's personal golgotha, there were articles in liberal immigrant Russian circles, accusing someone close to him of working for FSB. I have no way to prove it but I would also be questionable of any source very close to him, because 1) they are far away (there are three,) 2) because I heard the opposite version from an analyst, regarding his value in prisoners' swap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back