All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Sun from the today's news thread:

It appears that a hearing date to argue the TES portion of the following motion has now been set

Motion To Reconsider Strickland Rulings:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23477589/detail.html

-----------------------

http://www.ninja9.org/jacsatt/attdocketframe.asp (criminal div 99)

9th Judicial Circuit
JUDGE BELVIN PERRY, JR. / DIVISION 02
-------------------
2:00 pm 1 hr Case: 48-2008-CF-15606-O- Motion: Defendant's Motion for Reconsideration of Certain Prior Rulings by Disqualified Judge re: the Order on Defendant's Motion to Modify the Court's Order on Defendant's Application for Subpoena Duces Tecum for Documents in Schedule for Thursday, July 15, 2010 -------------------the Possession of Texas Equusearch

I so want this hearing to be yesterday! It's about time the defense threw in the towel on this vast fishing expedition.

Baez and Mason's performance at NeJame's office is literally their only prayer of getting what they want. It's a "new" development, which is different from all the other motions they asked to be reconsidered.

Right now, we only have the defense side of that story and I wonder if Mark NeJame will file a written response prior to the hearing. He usually does that and does it quite well. I'm sure he'll have quite a different story. I suppose he's waiting until the last minute to file a response so the defense doesn't have time to figure out what to say at the hearing.

I'm sure Linda Drane Burdick will also have quite a bit to say about it as well.

I am desperately hoping Judge Perry will put an end to this madness!

I so want this hearing to be yesterday! It's about time the defense threw in the towel on this vast fishing expedition.

Baez and Mason's performance at NeJame's office is literally their only prayer of getting what they want. It's a "new" development, which is different from all the other motions they asked to be reconsidered.

Right now, we only have the defense side of that story and I wonder if Mark NeJame will file a written response prior to the hearing. He usually does that and does it quite well. I'm sure he'll have quite a different story. I suppose he's waiting until the last minute to file a response so the defense doesn't have time to figure out what to say at the hearing.

I'm sure Linda Drane Burdick will also have quite a bit to say about it as well.

I am desperately hoping Judge Perry will put an end to this madness!
What did I miss? What performance?

In the defense Motion to Reconsider, Mason laid out what happened when they went to NeJame's office. They claimed that they weren't allowed to look in the two larger boxes of the four. They also claim that there was a folder marked "No Suburban" and found a bunch of items they hastily tagged as cameramen from a local station were filming them (never did see that). They left when the crew came in.

They also complained that the documents were not indexed and in order.

Now, some of this may be true, but I'm not buying their story until I hear NeJame's version.

They claimed it was an impossible task to not have a pen and paper to take notes and that the $12/hour fee was uncalled-for (cash up front, no less).

Hmmm... Brad Conway did it (that's another problem for the defense). Linda Drane Burdick did it (in 6 hours).

Something's just not right with this!

He wants them all and says he needs to investigate other searchers as well.

I fume for the people who gave their time and energy to search those bug and snake infested areas. They got bitten alive by bugs... and this is what they get in return! They get to be suspects! :furious::furious::furious:

In the defense Motion to Reconsider, Mason laid out what happened when they went to NeJame's office. They claimed that they weren't allowed to look in the two larger boxes of the four. They also claim that there was a folder marked "No Suburban" and found a bunch of items they hastily tagged as cameramen from a local station were filming them (never did see that). They left when the crew came in.

They also complained that the documents were not indexed and in order.

Now, some of this may be true, but I'm not buying their story until I hear NeJame's version.

They claimed it was an impossible task to not have a pen and paper to take notes and that the $12/hour fee was uncalled-for (cash up front, no less).

Hmmm... Brad Conway did it (that's another problem for the defense). Linda Drane Burdick did it (in 6 hours).

Something's just not right with this!

He wants them all and says he needs to investigate other searchers as well.

I fume for the people who gave their time and energy to search those bug and snake infested areas. They got bitten alive by bugs... and this is what they get in return! They get to be suspects! :furious::furious::furious:

Oh heck, it's just the Anthony camp's way of saying thank you. . . Just like they thanked RK.

No, what I think they really want is to do a criminal record search on all 4,000 searchers. That's all they want. They're hoping one of those 4,000 people has a conviction or had a criminal charge against a child. They're hoping just one pedophile was in that 4,000. And then point the finger at that person. That's why they're fighting so hard to get these 4,000 records.

It seems that is exactly what Mr. Nejame is going to fight to prevent on the 15th at the hearing, again. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXgyz3kRDc[/ame] Mr. Miller said never, ever in any other search over the years has he ever been asked to provide the searcher's information.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabU[/ame]View attachment 9564

It seems that is exactly what Mr. Nejame is going to fight to prevent on the 15th at the hearing, again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXgyz3kRDc Mr. Miller said never, ever in any other search over the years has he ever been asked to provide the searcher's information.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabUView attachment 9564

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB even stated in the JAC Budget hearing that those records would not be subject to discovery and that they would have to pay for records pertaining to previous arrests etc.....or something to that effect.

Just how many people does the defense plan to trample in their efforts? IMO the number seems to be infinite.

After all of this time,
the defense having made an appointment to come to review the documents at Mr. Nejame's office,
almost a year ago,
canceling the appointment, never to reschedule,
then informing Mark's office they were going to send The Presentation Company, to copy the records,
they were told no, they may not as that would clearly violate the judge's order,
all this time elapsed, nearly a year,
...finally Cheney and Jose decided to go to Mark's office.

The performance people are speaking of is that ill fated trip. We are unclear on why, but they went there for a couple of hours and wound up leaving without completing their task. Some news reports had it that they stormed off, but all we know for sure is it took Brad days to review the voluminous records and Mrs. Drane Burdick I believe said it took her nine hours, so the defense left well before they were finished.

The hearing will help us understand what in the world. I expect it to be some very off the wall, colorful big ole excuse. It better be something new or I don't think the judge is going to indulge them. In the words of Judge Perry, "This should have been done, like yesterday".

Mr. Miller says he will fight it all the way up to the supreme court before he puts all of the searcher's personal information out for Jose. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhqKH9Z_J-U[/ame]

I just finished reading this latest motion by "Tight Boots Mason", and ya'll have pretty much posted the same feelings that I have. I did notice one tiny thing at the end...

The motion is "hand delivered" to LDB and JA and "mailed" to NeJame. This is either for one reason, or another, or both....

1. So Mr. NeJames doesn't get his copy in time to file his response before next weeks hearing

or

2. just as a gesture of the lack of respect that the defense team has for Mr. NeJame...his will come in the regular mail. :rolleyes:

This defense is making me sicker and sicker with each passing day, court appearance and motion filed. :sick::sick::sick:

OT to this thread---just a comment regarding the part of the motion requesting the tips that Baez never went to get back in 2008. I can't believe the defense has the unmitigated gall to come back now to request these...NOW that the state of Florida taxpayers can pay for these tips. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Is there anything JB did, that actually cost money, before KC was declared indigent? Where the heck did all the money go that they got for pictures of Caylee, from Macaluso, etc? I sure pray that Judge Perry asks for and gets a FULL accounting of all expenses prior to indigency. How much you want to bet that NONE of the experts have been paid a dime yet...The JAC and JP have their work cut out for them, that's for sure.

Mitzi, you had me at "Tight boots" coming from the mild mannered Judge Strickland it is special.

I hope the judge does award TES costs and attorney fees for the epitome of BAD FAITH that the defense has brought matters against TES before the court with. Hold the presses on the 2011 law books....we have a new chapter to add. How to win friends and influence people in your local legal community.

Someone asked me the other day what do I know about TES. I found myself testifying as if I had just found Jesus. Only you friends would understand. I marvel at what they do. It makes my own life seem quite self absorbed.
This is for Texas Equusearch, all of those that volunteer, right down to the one lone clerk that volunteers in the office, to those that help with technical things, to those that literally spray on the bug spray, get on their boots to protect from snakes, search through the swamps and the muck and the mire, to the little old ladies who wait at the meeting point with warm smiles and cold water for the searchers to take a break, to all of you that donate and certainly to all of you that pray. God bless Texas Equusearch, may they not be discouraged by this defense ugly attempt to look into all of their backgrounds
(make no mistake that is indeed what the defense wants to do). May they continue to volunteer.. "Fight the good fight", as the bible says.

Out of all the hearings so far I am most interested in the one coming up on the 15th regarding TES.

Meanwhile, for Cayee and TES...I'm with you!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMjA2XVRH4[/ame]

Someone asked me the other day what do I know about TES. I found myself testifying as if I had just found Jesus. Only you friends would understand. I marvel at what they do. It makes my own life seem quite self absorbed.
This is for Texas Equusearch, all of those that volunteer, right down to the one lone clerk that volunteers in the office, to those that help with technical things, to those that literally spray on the bug spray, get on their boots to protect from snakes, search through the swamps and the muck and the mire, to the little old ladies who wait at the meeting point with warm smiles and cold water for the searchers to take a break, to all of you that donate and certainly to all of you that pray. God bless Texas Equusearch, may they not be discouraged by this defense ugly attempt to look into all of their backgrounds
(make no mistake that is indeed what the defense wants to do). May they continue to volunteer.. "Fight the good fight", as the bible says.

Out of all the hearings so far I am most interested in the one coming up on the 15th regarding TES.

Meanwhile, for Cayee and TES...I'm with you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMjA2XVRH4

The World According,

THANK YOU was not enough for this post!!!!! Texas EquuSearch and Tim Miller are the true heroes in every sense of the word!!! They do "fight the good fight" and will continue to do so when there is someone missing. God bless TES and Tim Miller!!!!!

Does anyone know what time the hearing is on Tuesday? Thank goodness for our beloved Patti, in case we ever miss it, we know she has us covered. I rather prefer to watch her recordings, her occasional heavy sighs are too too funny and just make me laugh aloud. Thank you Patti for all you do here!!! Your little dog in the background is like our own W/S Snoopy.:woohoo::woohoo:

Does anyone know what time the hearing is on Tuesday? Thank goodness for our beloved Patti, in case we ever miss it, we know she has us covered. I rather prefer to watch her recordings, her occasional heavy sighs are too too funny and just make me laugh aloud. Thank you Patti for all you do here!!! Your little dog in the background is like our own W/S Snoopy.:woohoo::woohoo:

TWA, hate to disappoint you, but I am pretty sure it is set for July 15th. I entered it on the Caylee Calendar the day I saw the Order. I will go back and check to make sure I entered it correctly. :)

ETA: See your post #341, that is I where referenced it, I believe. ;)

p.s. There is a Status hearing set for Monday, June 21.

TWA, hate to disappoint you, but I am pretty sure it is set for July 15th. I entered it on the Caylee Calendar the day I saw the Order. I will go back and check to make sure I entered it correctly. :)

ETA: See your post #341, that is I where referenced it, I believe. ;)

p.s. There is a Status hearing set for Monday, June 21.

Thank you. I thought I was going to miss it, I have a meeting Tuesday at 8 am . Thanks buddy!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE53ZB2blaY[/ame]

Mark Nejame has been in front of Judge Perry many times over the years. he says here "He does not suffer fools lightly!'
I am glad that TES has the very experienced Mr. Nejame at the helm.

I have no doubt that Mr. Nejame is fully aware of this motion. In fact.....I can only assume that JB and CM "announced" their intent as they departed from the office in April.

Also....if the defense were to "mail" the motion to Mr. Nejame......they would have to allow for delivery and add days accordingly. One may fax a "courtesy copy" over......but still have to mail the original AFAIK.

I believe JB's reference to the tips.......was offered as an example of how much he had to pay "out of pocket" for public records requests. He was attempting to get $5000 allotted for public records requests that didn't fall under "discovery".

What I DID find of particular interest....was that the reason JB gave during the hearing for anticipating public records requests.....was that they would be looking into prior "records" of witnesses including arrest records and court docs.

I think with that one comment.....JB made it very clear that they intend to dig up dirt on anyone that may have something negative to offer or verify about KC.......and additionally....pretty much tells us why they want ALL TES records. Because anyone with any prior criminal issues that may have been involved in any search will be cast as a possible "perp".......and squashed by the Defense Bus.

BBM

Now that is the quote I am looking for today. That is textbook fishing expedition!!!! You just can't make this stuff up!!!! So this is why they are asking to see the volunteer's contact information? Good grief!! That is one of the rare honest moments where they tell on themselves. In the words of Judge Strickland, "This is where posturing can get you in to trouble." The defense apparently is not only interested in the relevant area where the baby's tiny skeleton was found. They, by Jose's admission here, are more interested in looking into Kronking* the volunteers. That certainly does have , what Mr. Nejame described as a "chilling effect".

From TWA urban dictionary (imo)
* Kronking: .
To Kronk...to search out bitter folks from ten-twenty years ago to disparage, to assert pressure that one's past skeletons, real or imagined, may be brought up if they testify, thinly veiled blackmail of potential witnesses

http://www.wftv.com/video/23478429/index.html

April 05, 2010 — Part 1 -
http://www.wftv.com/video/23056801/in...

Part 2 -
http://www.wftv.com/video/23057236/in...

Judge Denies Defense Motion -
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23059303/deta...View attachment 9648
Does anyone have the tape of the budget hearing? I need to isolate that particular quote from Mr. Baez. TIA!!!
Surely there are other search organizations like TES, in other states, in other cases , when this has come up, has the search organization ever been asked for the searcher's private contact information or has the defense tried to prove they were an agent of the state? We don't need to reinvent the wheel, we just need to review similar case examples.

At the eight minute mark in Part two ,
can someone help me understand what about Mr. Mason's argument was different ( and not , in the words of Judge Perry, "Asking for a second bite at the apple"), than what he argued in front of Judge Perry?
If there was nothing new, and he did not, and he certainly was given the opportunity to, allege anything specific that was done or said by Judge Strickland that was with taint or prejudice, is it correct that the defense should be sanctioned and fined for bringing things to the judge to "reconsider" in bad faith?
After the TES matter is resolved is that the end of the second bite at the apple situations? I may have a poor understanding, but I thought they had to have something NEW to try this.
Part 2 -
http://www.wftv.com/video/23057236/in...

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Evidence Released 02/16/10

http://www.wftv.com/video/22582915/index.html

He explained that it is clear the defense is still on a fishing expedition to muster up something to back up Todd's claims. "If they had the proof ...they would produce the exculpatory evidence required by the rules of procedure. That coupled with the fact that they keep going off into the area that they need the Texas Equusearch records....they are still fishing , trying to come up with something that they do not have, that they never did have . They missed their deadline. They have not produced their proof and that is because THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!" This whole defense response was entirely inappropriate"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HH2EcHM0_8[/ame]
Two minutes in to the arguments before the judge, Mark sets the record straight. He gets a little animated, so if you are at work, turn the volume down.
Mark Nejame "The defense claims it places a heavy burden on them to come to my office. My office is a ten minute walk and two minute drive to this courthouse. If they have got time to do TV interviews, and drive to TV stations, I think they have the time to come by and review the four thousand documents they are jumping up and down they haven't had access to because they haven't made the time to come over. It is beyond me! It is incredulous to suggest that there are bombshells and things have been hidden from them, when they are still sitting in my office, they haven't made the time to come over. Come by after court , pay a visit!! Now we find ourselves before your honor wasting the courts time, wasting the taxpayers money,for something that has been addressed and they were put on notice. This kind of stuff should not be permitted. There is no new information that has been brought before the court it is either because of laziness or sloppiness this information hasn't been tracked down. They just haven't took the time to come review them."
__________________View attachment 9652

I can only assume that becasue the 4000+ names are not any part of official discovery, that Judge Perry will require JB to narrow down the criteria that they are interested in reviewing.*

The defense has already been provided a copy of the information pertaining to the searchers who were assigned to the area off of and in near proximity to Suburban Drive.

Recall how JB tried so hard to label TES as being retained by the OCSO.......They knew early on that perhaps there may be a "suitable" candidate or several...to cast as the lead in their "Reasonable Doubt" posters.
I have no doubt that Mr. Nejame will be able to not only "handle" the motions, but protect innocent parties from being "harassed, framed, or otherwise USED for nefarious purposes.

The defense claims that volunteers gave up any expectation of privacy citing *that if one of them found the body, that they would become a witness in the case.* Well Mr. Baez...........given that thought process.....I suppose that you could turn that theory around and say that because*the KFN posse and the Anthony's were out there volunteering to accept monies, that the media was out covering the searches, that they are fair game as well?

Let's see some others answer a few questions.* Didn't you say you were looking at all angles?.........* Or are you only looking at the obtuse?

Sleuther, can you help me with a question? When we have the next hearing on the TES matters will this be the final one, or are there unlimited times the defense can continue asking for the same thing? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMADmtgS8Co[/ame] They have been asking for these same documents and have been told they haven't done it properly for over a year and a half now. Is that your understanding? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fohjTaMqJE[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry