All Things Heath Ledger - Thread No. 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A US newspaper columnist has sparked controversy by describing Heath Ledger as "reckless and greedy" and "selfish".
Andrea Peyser, in her column in Friday's New York Post, wrote she was disgusted the 28-year-old Australian actor chose to "self-destruct" with prescription drugs.

He was reckless and greedy.
"He was fundamentally selfish.
"Now his daughter will grow up never knowing the man she worshipped from birth; his parents must bury a son they cherished."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371144.

I think some coloumlists are a bit upset that they arent getting their pound of flesh......it was ruled an accidental death by legal drugs...the poor bloke may aswell been found with needles and crackpipes hanging out of him.

None of us know Heath's situation. Some people will assume the worst of him. As a general rule, tributes to him have been overwhelmingly positive and people have seemed saddened and shocked by his death. But in a world full of different opinions, I'm not surprised that one like this slipped out.

I hope his family is on the long road to healing.

A US newspaper columnist has sparked controversy by describing Heath Ledger as "reckless and greedy" and "selfish".
Andrea Peyser, in her column in Friday's New York Post, wrote she was disgusted the 28-year-old Australian actor chose to "self-destruct" with prescription drugs.

"Now his daughter will grow up never knowing the man she worshipped from birth; his parents must bury a son they cherished."

I think some coloumlists are a bit upset that they arent getting their pound of flesh......it was ruled an accidental death by legal drugs...the poor bloke may aswell been found with needles and crackpipes hanging out of him.

Andrea Peyser is notorious for writing nasty, cruel articles. Personally, I think she is a miserable witch.

Right. It's sad that so many have to be "shock jocks" these days.

I suppose thats the way they make their money and they are more to be pitied...what a sad and miserable exisitance these writers must have.

I suppose thats the way they make their money and they are more to be pitied...what a sad and miserable exisitance these writers must have.

Virtually all of her columns are like this. She is just a hateful woman and it is so sad.

Virtually all of her columns are like this. She is just a hateful woman and it is so sad.

Aussies slam paper for Legder remarks.

Angry Australians have bombarded a US newspaper's website after a columnist sledged Heath Ledger.

Other Australians compared Peyser to Australian writer Germaine Greer, who criticised Steve Irwin soon after his death.
"You and Germaine Greer should get together - you are well suited (she made badmouthing the dead an artform, too) - just stay away from Australia though!" Rhonda wrote.

This link also says that Heath is to be buried tomorrow(sunday)in his home town of Perth.

Aussies slam paper for Legder remarks.

Angry Australians have bombarded a US newspaper's website after a columnist sledged Heath Ledger.

Other Australians compared Peyser to Australian writer Germaine Greer, who criticised Steve Irwin soon after his death.
"You and Germaine Greer should get together - you are well suited (she made badmouthing the dead an artform, too) - just stay away from Australia though!" Rhonda wrote.

This link also says that Heath is to be buried tomorrow(sunday)in his home town of Perth.

I heard on the radio on my way home from Newcastle that Heath will be buried sometime today, and that his co star from Broke Back Mountain, is ex and daughter Matilda have arrived to attend the funeral today.

I thought sunday was a strange day to have a funeral.

Oxycodone is different from hydrocodone, though they are both narcotic painkillers and opiates. Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab, etc..) is a little less potent than oxycodone (percocet, Oxycontin). Also - 3+ anti-anxiety meds. This is all excessive, IMHO. It may well have been prescribed - I don't doubt that Heath Ledger could have gotten a script for anything he wanted - but that's a lot of different types of opiates and benzos for one person to be taking.

I think Heath had addiction issues and those, coupled with his compromised health, led to an accidental OD.

you hit the nail on the head....whether he was in any kind of pain or not, doesn't matter....all he would have had to do was tell a Dr he was, IMO....

when i've taken vicodin i actually GET a spurt of energy...can do all kinds of housework, go shopping, etc....a couple of vicodin is a good feeling, & if you're not dealing with any kind of real pain, it's even better....

him having dealt with a herione addiction in the past, sounds like he went the other route with all the pills......he just mixed way too many together, in the end:(
there's absolutely no way a person would need all those drugs in their system...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=372131

Heath Ledger's family and friends stripped down to their underwear and dived into the waves at Perth's Cottesloe Beach during yesterday's wake for the promising actor.

After an emotional and moving hometown funeral attended by some of Hollywood's biggest stars, mourners gathered at a bar overlooking the beach, said to be one of Ledger's favourite spots.

At sunset, funeral guests ran cheering into the sea

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=372131

Heath Ledger's family and friends stripped down to their underwear and dived into the waves at Perth's Cottesloe Beach during yesterday's wake for the promising actor.

After an emotional and moving hometown funeral attended by some of Hollywood's biggest stars, mourners gathered at a bar overlooking the beach, said to be one of Ledger's favourite spots.

At sunset, funeral guests ran cheering into the sea

You know, watching that video astonished me. I don't think it could have happened here. The paps wouldn't have been a respectful distance away filming; they would have been right in everyone's face asking rude questions and probably drowning someone. And yet, isn't this footage incredibly personal and worth way more than some closeup of Brit at Starbucks? If they would stay further back with their telephotos and stop being such *advertiser censored**holes, they would probably get a lot more great stuff.

But back to Heath, this footage was beautiful. What a special and emotional way to celebrate his life.

I am way behind here because I have the flu. When I seen the list of drugs, I noticed Ambien or its generic wasn't listed. So, am I to assume that Ambien wasn't in his system?

Still, the list that was there would be enough to kill an elephant...I have taken all of those drugs, but not together. Except for the xanax and hydro when I have kidney stones to help the pain and to relax enough to help them pass. I couldn't imagine mixing valium, ativan, and xanax all at once...

You know, watching that video astonished me. I don't think it could have happened here. The paps wouldn't have been a respectful distance away filming; they would have been right in everyone's face asking rude questions and probably drowning someone. And yet, isn't this footage incredibly personal and worth way more than some closeup of Brit at Starbucks? If they would stay further back with their telephotos and stop being such *advertiser censored**holes, they would probably get a lot more great stuff.

But back to Heath, this footage was beautiful. What a special and emotional way to celebrate his life.

I agree angelmom, it was a very special way to celebrate Heaths Life, and it was wonderful that they were able to do it without all the hustle and bustle of the papparazzi.

Heath would have loved it all and especially to see them all laughing and not crying. God bless all of those who knew and loved him, and esp. his parents, sisters, Michelle and baby Matilda.

I am way behind here because I have the flu. When I seen the list of drugs, I noticed Ambien or its generic wasn't listed. So, am I to assume that Ambien wasn't in his system?

Still, the list that was there would be enough to kill an elephant...I have taken all of those drugs, but not together. Except for the xanax and hydro when I have kidney stones to help the pain and to relax enough to help them pass. I couldn't imagine mixing valium, ativan, and xanax all at once...

I don't think Ambien has been out long enough to have a generic. It has to be on the market for years (not sure on how many) before they produce a generic. When I 1st started Prozac there was no generic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back