UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is different. We also had an eye witness say she saw VT at the Riverside playground at around 12. That is over the other side of the river to the pin there. And there’s no crossing unless she heads back into town by the looks of it!
It's over the railway line but not over the far side of the river. It's the same side of the river as the BP petrol station. And it's just before the playground, same side of the river.

Where it says River Derwent is the river, north of the bus station.

It looks like the police think she is in the river. I hope not. We had an elderly gentleman locally who fell into a river nearby. River banks are very slippery after a period of rain.
And often very difficult to get out of once you’re in if there are high-sided banks.

(I remember a scary public information ad from the ‘70s or ‘80s - made me terrified to go too near rivers!)

Haven't been on this site for ages but this case is intriguing me. My opinion is this is not the same as nicola bully, I don't think this lady has accidentally fallen into the river, nor do I think she's entered the water willingly. I can't help but feel the cap and backpack have been discarded intentionally by her to make it look like she's gone in the river. My gut is telling me she's left the area intentionally for what ever reason. I hope I'm right and she's found safe and well. This is my opinion only

Haven't been on this site for ages but this case is intriguing me. My opinion is this is not the same as nicola bully, I don't think this lady has accidentally fallen into the river, nor do I think she's entered the water willingly. I can't help but feel the cap and backpack have been discarded intentionally by her to make it look like she's gone in the river. My gut is telling me she's left the area intentionally for what ever reason. I hope I'm right and she's found safe and well. This is my opinion only
I agree, don’t know why but just seems too staged almost? Like someone is mimicking the NB situation

She just looks so different from the other photos published ,

I think thats because the pictures, Most released by family look to be at events / nights out, If someone was to post me missing and used my 'approved' pictures that i have on facebook ect, you would deem me unrecognisable from the woman who would be captured on CCTV on the school run or nipping to the shop.

I completely agree about the pictures. My social media pictures are all ones I’ve chosen because I look nice, or am at an event, on an evening out etc. If you saw me on the school run or walking the dog on a winter day, I’d look nothing like my social media pictures. I would not ever expect to be photographed in those clothes with my hair in a bun under a hat.
I’d say that’s pretty normal.

I completely agree about the pictures. My social media pictures are all ones I’ve chosen because I look nice, or am at an event, on an evening out etc. If you saw me on the school run or walking the dog on a winter day, I’d look nothing like my social media pictures. I would not ever expect to be photographed in those clothes with my hair in a bun under a hat.
I’d say that’s pretty normal.
Yes I do feel the woman inside who just wants a walk in her scruffs thing. I’m mostly spotted in an oversize bobbly cardigan. But my face book is mostly immaculate at parties etc.
There is an element of a younger generation though where you’d never have a cat in hells chance of recognising them off social media. In a month of Sunday’s.
Poor vic I am beginning to think something terrible has happened.

I think thats because the pictures, Most released by family look to be at events / nights out, If someone was to post me missing and used my 'approved' pictures that i have on facebook ect, you would deem me unrecognisable from the woman who would be captured on CCTV on the school run or nipping to the shop.
Exactly. When you're pulling staged photos they will often look different from day to day pull your hair up in a cap and do errands photos. I don't think it's odd she looks different. May Saturday look is very different than my work week/going out look. I think she simply fell in the water. No idea why. We may never know. But I suspect she will be found there with no signs of foul play. Accidents happen and accidents around water are notoriously dangerous.

That certainly seems to be some disguise!

I wouldn't have even said it was a woman! It looks like a young man.

I wonder if she paid for something in the BP petrol station with her debit card and the police traced her through her bank transactions?

Attachments

• 1727959131281.jpeg
    1727959131281.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 14

Exactly this. I have seen comments, from friends, who state that this is how Victoria dressed on a normal day

It's over the railway line but not over the far side of the river. It's the same side of the river as the BP petrol station. And it's just before the playground, same side of the river.

Where it says River Derwent is the river, north of the bus station.
Oh yes, my bad. Was looking on the phone, now I'm on a computer. I mistook the railway line for the river.

Definitely same side as the playground and BP etc. Every sighting.

From one of her friends on the FB group;

"
I feel like the recent CCTV image of Vixx at the bus station, whilst useful to see her outfit more clearly, has caused confusion for some. So hopefully this will provide some clarity.
The new CCTV image is from *Monday 30th Sept* 11.53am after Vixx had been to the BP garage at 11.35am. She was carrying a paper M&S bag containing the drinks she bought, it was raining so assuming that's why she's clutching it to her chest.
The Police later discovered the items seen in the image (backpack, cap, phone and what she purchased from the BP garage) along the river bank, hence why there's heavy focus on the river.
However, family/friends are still asking people to also please consider searching other areas around Malton, Norton and surrounding areas "

I think it's important to bear in mind that most people who voluntarily 'go missing' don't disguise themselves or leave false trails or think about cctv. Going missing is pretty common, but doing those things is very rare in missing person cases.

Most would leave the house or another place like school and just never reach their supposed destination, or they'd leave a place to go home and never turn up at home.

And then there's people who didn't intend to 'go missing' and different reasons for that happening.

462365633_9277941392220068_5017932158851272190_n.jpg

TIMELINE OF EVENTS

Monday, 30th Sept

9 AM - Victoria left her home address (there has been different reports if she left her in laws house but as of this morning, the police are still saying this)

11.35 AM - Victoria was spotted on CCTV at the BP garage on Welham Road in the Norton area of Malton.

11.53 AM - Victoria was spotted on CCTV at Malton Bus Station on Railway Street. To date, this is the last confirmed sighting of Victoria.

Tuesday, 1st October
A number of items belonging to Victoria were found close to the River Derwent within the town boundaries.
- The police found the bag and hat.
- The family found the bottles Victoria had bought.

via Victoria Taylor missing LIVE as search for Malton mum on day 9

Last edited:
TIMELINE OF EVENTS

Monday, 30th Sept

9 AM - Victoria left her home address (there has been different reports if she left her in laws house but as of this morning, the police are still saying this)

11.35 AM - Victoria was spotted on CCTV at the BP garage on Welham Road in the Norton area of Malton.

11.53 AM - Victoria was spotted on CCTV at Malton Bus Station on Railway Street. To date, this is the last confirmed sighting of Victoria.

Tuesday, 1st October
A number of items belonging to Victoria were found close to the River Derwent within the town boundaries.
- The police found the bag and hat.
- The family found the bottles Victoria had bought.

via Victoria Taylor missing LIVE as search for Malton mum on day 9
I’m not convinced it’s relevant (I’m firmly in the ‘accidental fall into the river’ camp), but it strikes me that there is a big gap between her leaving home and being seen at the BP garage, do we have any indication of what she was doing/planning on doing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back