All Those D's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
My son as a friend whose last name is Camp. He says if he ever had a daughter he would name her Summer. He said he couldn't think of any names for boys and I had to open my big mouth and suggest Prison or Concentration. I hope if he ever marries his wife will not let him in the room while the birth information and babies name is recorded on paper.
Oh no! That's awful! Camp is my town is a HUGE name. The Camps started the paper mill which is the lifeblood of the town. All the schools, libraries, the Y, hospital for some reason have Camp in their names.

britgirl said:
What a great name! Sounds like she should be a romantic novelist (I'm assuming it's a she)...imagine..."Love's Stormy Passions" by Autumn Winterbottom...although as you are from the States, shouldn't that be "Fall"?!
or a soap opera character! We say autumn too. Mostly fall though. Fall Winterbottom ...nah

I think Gynneth won the weird name game with Apple. Funny thing is we have a chihuahua named Apple!

We chose family names for all 3 of ours.

deandaniellws said:
Those poor kids. I get tongue tied remembering all of my kid's names when I am upset with them..I would really be in a mess if they all had similar names!! LOL:doh:
My poor Aunt, would get us mixed up when 8 kids- cousin got together. She would combine our names together like Marcol, Clana, Jathy, etc. Since it was so funny sounding she got all our attention at once. I really don't think the shrink is right about it harming a person's identity. It does include them in the group and makes them unique to their own families identity unlike naming every child George 1 then 2 then 3 . They become dehumanized as their identities are tied up with the 1 parent. If everyone in the family is a D name then they share something together like a family name or the fact that they are related. It is tradition in many Hispanic homes to name one of the child's names after a saint, does this confuse the child's identity?

cami said:
What about Demi Moore and Bruce Willis!!! Rumour, Scout and Tallulah--those poor girls, LOL. Of course Tallulah Bankhead was a very famous actress.
Scout was the nickname of one of my favorite characters in

To Kill a Mockingbird

I think that is where the got Scout.

My poor Aunt, would get us mixed up when 8 kids- cousin got together. She would combine our names together like Marcol, Clana, Jathy, etc. Since it was so funny sounding she got all our attention at once. I really don't think the shrink is right about it harming a person's identity. It does include them in the group and makes them unique to their own families identity unlike naming every child George 1 then 2 then 3 . They become dehumanized as their identities are tied up with the 1 parent. If everyone in the family is a D name then they share something together like a family name or the fact that they are related. It is tradition in many Hispanic homes to name one of the child's names after a saint, does this confuse the child's identity?
Don't ask me...I didn't do the study. I just reported what I read. :crazy:

JimPence said:
And what Texan could forget Governor Jim Hogg, who named his daughter IMA!

Don't believe me? Check out the link: [size=-1]www.famoustexans.com/imahogg.htm

Some have said that he had another daughter named Urah, but that's urban legend.

How's that for creative naming?

Jim

[/size]

I've heard of older women with the name of Ima before. Usually something like Ima Jean or with another name.

txsvicki said:
I've heard of older women with the name of Ima before. Usually something like Ima Jean or with another name.
I have too txsviki. However, it is best to stay away from that name when your last name is Hogg. LOL:laugh:

JimPence said:
And what Texan could forget Governor Jim Hogg, who named his daughter IMA!

Don't believe me? Check out the link: [size=-1]www.famoustexans.com/imahogg.htm

Some have said that he had another daughter named Urah, but that's urban legend.

How's that for creative naming?

Jim

[/size]
I am related to the Hoggs, by marriage, and yes they named a daughter Ima but not Urah
It was a tradition for many years, and many Ima Hoggs were named after the sweet and kind daughter of Gov. Hogg.

A branch of the Hogg family now resides in Lamesa Texas that is the branch I'm related to. They named their youngest daughter after me and my sister-in-law.

I am related to the Hoggs, by marriage, and yes they named a daughter Ima but not Urah
It was a tradition for many years, and many Ima Hoggs were named after the sweet and kind daughter of Gov. Hogg.

A branch of the Hogg family now resides in Lamesa Texas that is the branch I'm related to. They named their youngest daughter after me and my sister-in-law.
Hey, Jane, how is your experiment going? Haven't heard you mention it lately?

deandaniellws said:
I have too txsviki. However, it is best to stay away from that name when your last name is Hogg. LOL:laugh:

Lol, I slow and didn't even catch the I'm a hogg.

Goody said:
Hey, Jane, how is your experiment going? Haven't heard you mention it lately?
I'm on hold pattern for now as my model and husband both started new jobs.
We are going on a family outing soon and plan on brainstorming then. I kinda got my panties in a knot when a poster predicted my experiment outcome and that doing the math was a ridiculous way to approach the test. I think the math is the most important aspect of the reconstruction and intend to continue. So far the math checks out that blood could be deposited on the back, the blood also points in one direction as that is the how it was flying thru the air before it came into contact with the shirt.

We are going on a family outing soon and plan on brainstorming then. I kinda got my panties in a knot when a poster predicted my experiment outcome and that doing the math was a ridiculous way to approach the test. I think the math is the most important aspect of the reconstruction and intend to continue. So far the math checks out that blood could be deposited on the back, the blood also points in one direction as that is the how it was flying thru the air before it came into contact with the shirt.
I agree that the math is important if you are going to recreate a specific act. Just testing someone's statements against the known evidence would not require much math though if any at all. Do ya know what I mean, Vern ?

I hope you won't let the naysayers rain on your parade too much. As far as I know no one has attempted any tests at all unless it was Camilla in Greece, and even hers were limited to specific blood groupings prompted more by curiosity than any real attempt to recreate the crime scene. So I am rooting for ya! Who knows? Maybe you will come up with something to help her appellate attys. Mama Darlie would be tickled pink.

I know you are on a budget ... but maybe a video camera would be a good idea. Maybe a friend would loan one. If you do some math and get some angles premeasured and marked for reference and then have the video to back it up you should be able to tell what is going on.

I'm also thinking that the video would be digital and could be freeze-framed where you need it and then maybe zoom in where you need it. But I've never done anything like this so don't take my word for it.

Not like you don't have a lot to do already! HA!
Just ideas ...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela