Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is off topic but it's really bothering me, while things are quiet here, maybe you Aus sleuths could look into it.
I've been trying to find out what is happening re the doctors wife killed in her home in Sydney.
It's quite bizarre, there doesn't appear to have been an arrest but absolutely nothing online since a few days after the killing. Is there some sort of news blackout or is someone being protected?
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/doctor-farewells-wife-after-attack-at-their-home-20120619-20m5u.html

ive been wondering about this too, i assumed they had charged someone and id missed it, but just typed in her name, Shanoz Qidwai, and almost every news item is the same and all pretty much published on the same date. maybe husband lawyered up and this is just a prepared statement for the media? weird there doesnt seem to have been any police statements warning locals of an intruder.

didnt one of the newspapers show a photo of a copy of the affidavit in one of their stories? assuming they bought a copy, you would think theyd be drip feeding us daily snippets of info?

I thought this one was for arrests and the one I posted is the one where he was listed for the bail hearing, but I may be totally confused?

The first mention date

The defendant’s first day in court is called the ‘mention’ date, which they must not miss.

There are no witnesses at the first mention and the magistrate makes all decisions based on the information presented.

What happens
The first mention may proceed as follows:

•when the magistrate is ready, the depositions clerk calls the defendant into the courtroom
•the deposition clerk will call ‘all rise’ as the magistrate enters and sits at the bench
•the prosecutor then stands and reads out the charges against the defendant
•the magistrate asks the defendant ‘how do you plead, guilty or not guilty?’ and the defence lawyer (or the defendant) will stand and respond.

Indictable offences

For other indictable offences the magistrate will set a committal hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to send the defendant to trial in either the Supreme Court or District Court.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...ourt/magistrates-court/the-first-mention-date

The first mention date

The defendant’s first day in court is called the ‘mention’ date, which they must not miss.

There are no witnesses at the first mention and the magistrate makes all decisions based on the information presented.

What happens
The first mention may proceed as follows:

•when the magistrate is ready, the depositions clerk calls the defendant into the courtroom
•the deposition clerk will call ‘all rise’ as the magistrate enters and sits at the bench
•the prosecutor then stands and reads out the charges against the defendant
•the magistrate asks the defendant ‘how do you plead, guilty or not guilty?’ and the defence lawyer (or the defendant) will stand and respond.

Indictable offences

For other indictable offences the magistrate will set a committal hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to send the defendant to trial in either the Supreme Court or District Court.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...ourt/magistrates-court/the-first-mention-date

Okay, thanks. He's going back to the Magistrates Court for this mention; we will have to check the list on Monday then.

Okay, thanks. He's going back to the Magistrates Court for this mention; we will have to check the list on Monday then.

Yep...updates 6.45am & 8.45am. Then to Magistrates Court also for Committal Hearing if judge decides there's enough evidence & depending on his plea...

Committal hearing

The magistrate's role is to decide if there is sufficient evidence on which a jury could convict to send the defendant to trial in the District Court or Supreme Court.

•the prosecutor will present the case against the defendant and call witnesses to obtain their evidence
•the defence lawyer or defendant may cross-examine these witnesses
•the magistrate may invite submissions
•after hearing all the evidence the magistrate will decide if there is sufficient evidence to put the defendant on trial
•if satisfied the magistrate will charge the defendant
•the magistrate will warn the defendant and then ask the defendant if they want to say anything in answer to the charge or enter a plea
•if they plead not guilty, the defendant is committed for trial in the District Court or Supreme Court
•if they plead guilty, the defendant is committed for sentencing( http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justice-services/courts-and-tribunals/going-to-court/sentencing )
•if there is not enough evidence the magistrate will dismiss the case.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...-in-court/magistrates-court/committal-hearing

That is so god damm funny, I literally laughed out loud.
hehehe Great Olli xx

I have said it to my kids a few times now :blush:

and yes scones with jam and fresh cream please : )

Not Quite sooo funny, but I find myself saying "a little bit" before quite a few of my statements - now wonder where that comes from!! Also funny about the other site, someone from there called us "a bit "touchy, feely" but do tend to jump down your throat if you don't agree with them", who us??:floorlaugh:

Hi all,

Wow! That affidavit! Amazing read! Especially concerning the facial scratches the police noticed on GBC on the Friday morning. No wonder he started growing in his beard toot-sweet! Based on the (brief) description of them in the affidavit, they were a lot more noticeable than I had originally thought!

Speaking of GBC...I just checked, and there is at least one CCTV camera at the Indooroopilly Bus Station where he "devalued" his friend's set of wheels. Wouldn't it be great if we eventually get to see footage of him behind the wheel of that 'out of control demon-car' as it careers into the bridge pylon at 40(?)km/hr?

Finally, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I drove out to the Baden-Clay residence while on the way home from work. Just to drive past, nothing else. Anyhow, I was quite "shocked" to see just how close the Baden-Clay house was to Brookfield Road. I'd "visited" it via Google Maps before, but you don't realise how close it is until you're there in person. Barely more than 20 metres. Their driveway isn't long at all. The house opposite is also barely 50 metres away from the Baden-Clay house too. You could EASILY hear any screams or significant disturbances from across the road, unless there was traffic noise or television/stereo noise blocking it out.

Anyway, I drove over the hill, and as soon as you do that you have Brookfield Showgrounds on the left. Again, you can do all this with Google Maps, but once you drive through the area in person you realise just how close the search headquarters were to GBC's home, and how shocking it truly was that he never walked (literally) 3 minutes in order to help the police and volunteers who were searching for his wife.

I am trying to help you but there are so many different pages on this case over there.
Did see this interesting rumour. Anyone here heard it before?

"Allison was apparently on tuckshop duty that morning at the school and overheard 2 other mothers talking about one of GBC’s other affairs that she didn’t know about."

I don't believe it, but it could be true MOO.

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...or Aussie Criminals and Crooks)#comment-43567

she wasnt rostered on for tuckshop duty that day - i doubt she was there unless she was filling in for someone who was sick possibly. i cant link to the newsletter due to pc issues but go to the BSS site, go to newsletters and then the march one issue 10 -includes roster details

can anyone provide a link to the affidavit from june 19?

Totally agree. I think Olivia would have known the chances of bail for murder were not good so I cant see that you would be shocked. But her look to me was one of being stunned as if learning something totally unexpected - I've seen the same expression, unfortunately, on people who have lost their job unexpectedly. To me her expression says totally blindsided. I suspect learning about the google searches, insurance phone calls and facetime call were the cause of this.

I have always thought that NBC and EBC didnt dare attend the bail appeal for fear of what would be revealed. Poor old OW was the one nominated for this onerous task as she was probably more naive regarding circumstances and the possibility that there could be some 'surprises' revealed at the hearing. How uncomfortable would it have been for NBC when the 'facetime' call was used as evidence (squirmy, squirmy), ole EBC would have been scrambling for the smelling salts! For people that obviously don't like any aspersions cast upon them, it would have been excruciating, hence their non-attendance. IMO,

Not Quite sooo funny, but I find myself saying "a little bit" before quite a few of my statements - now wonder where that comes from!! Also funny about the other site, someone from there called us "a bit "touchy, feely" but do tend to jump down your throat if you don't agree with them", who us??:floorlaugh:
Dodo, my absolute favourites which I tend to say all the time in conversations now are:
'little bit' and 'but I'm ok' and 'business as usual'. There sure has been some gems in GBC's limited interviews. 'Love G'

Hi all,

Wow! That affidavit! Amazing read! Especially concerning the facial scratches the police noticed on GBC on the Friday morning. No wonder he started growing in his beard toot-sweet! Based on the (brief) description of them in the affidavit, they were a lot more noticeable than I had originally thought!

Speaking of GBC...I just checked, and there is at least one CCTV camera at the Indooroopilly Bus Station where he "devalued" his friend's set of wheels. Wouldn't it be great if we eventually get to see footage of him behind the wheel of that 'out of control demon-car' as it careers into the bridge pylon at 40(?)km/hr?

Finally, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I drove out to the Baden-Clay residence while on the way home from work. Just to drive past, nothing else. Anyhow, I was quite "shocked" to see just how close the Baden-Clay house was to Brookfield Road. I'd "visited" it via Google Maps before, but you don't realise how close it is until you're there in person. Barely more than 20 metres. Their driveway isn't long at all. The house opposite is also barely 50 metres away from the Baden-Clay house too. You could EASILY hear any screams or significant disturbances from across the road, unless there was traffic noise or television/stereo noise blocking it out.

Anyway, I drove over the hill, and as soon as you do that you have Brookfield Showgrounds on the left. Again, you can do all this with Google Maps, but once you drive through the area in person you realise just how close the search headquarters were to GBC's home, and how shocking it truly was that he never walked (literally) 3 minutes in order to help the police and volunteers who were searching for his wife.

They must have been close.

I'm finding it hard to deal with," she says. "She wasn't that far away. I didn't sleep that night she went missing. I just happened to be not sleeping.

"Maybe if I'd looked out the window or something. Maybe I could have been helpful. But I didn't."

She looks over to the Baden-Clay house

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/tears-for-girl-next-door/story-fn6ck45n-1226347238522

I find that disturbing and disgusting that he actually had the time and presence of mind to change those details for the website. My god..... Who the hell does that. !

Well found, but what a horrible find.

This site is owned and updated by a New Zealander. He would likely be the one who updated, from available MSM.

It is a very interesting site and you could spend many hours on it, If you read his page as to how it started, you will find he does it for the love of history. It would be a very good reference tool also for research.

They must have been close.

I'm finding it hard to deal with," she says. "She wasn't that far away. I didn't sleep that night she went missing. I just happened to be not sleeping.

"Maybe if I'd looked out the window or something. Maybe I could have been helpful. But I didn't."

She looks over to the Baden-Clay house

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/tears-for-girl-next-door/story-fn6ck45n-1226347238522

Wow, thanks for that keen to know! I have read a little bit of this before, but just reread it and have been reminded why all of us feel so upset about this revolting murder. Allison really was an angel on earth, what a truly beautiful human being. Justice will be done and her legacy will be huge!!

Some of the posts that have been copied from the Aussie Crooks and Criminals Website have been removed. Below is the TOS rule regarding other websites:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Please do not copy/paste information from other forums to this forum. You may link the information. All such information is considered RUMOR unless/until an official source can be referenced. (linked)

Please don't put the Bayden-Clay children's or any other minor children's names in posts.

Copyright rules in the US - Because of copyright law, in this forum we are only allowed to copy 10% of any news article or other approved source information. If the article is too short to quote, just provide the link. Please do not copy more than 10% of the articles in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990