Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered this too Laura. To me, she looked very shocked and numb walking out of that bail hearing. Shock that bail denied, or shock about some of the stuff alleged that has made her put two and two together?

Hoping it's the latter. It should be.

I haven’t been around as much as I am an accountant and it is “that” time of the year. Also my dear old Nan is in the hospital and I have been visiting her after work. Those of you that have read my story know that my darling Nan took me in when I was an infant after my father murdered my mother and raised me as her own. She is an amazing woman and is a strong as a bull but at her age she is living on borrowed time, she wants to go home so she can have a scotch lol.

Some people here know my hubby is a Detective and the case he is working on has kept him away from home for a lot of hours over the last couple of months. Now things have settled down there he is back home in the evenings and weekends so I need to spend time with him when he is around.

It will be interesting to see what Monday brings with the hearing.

A little poem for your Nan.

Ask My Mum How She Is...

My Mum, she tells a lot of lies,
She never did before.
But from now until she dies,
She'll tell a whole lot more.

Ask my Mum how she is
And because she can't explain,
She will tell a little lie
Because she can't describe the pain.

Ask my Mum how she is,
She'll say "I'm alright."
If that's the truth, then tell me,
why does she cry each night ?

Ask my Mum how she is,
She seems to cope so well.
She didn't have a choice you see,
Nor the strength to yell.

Ask my Mum how she is,
"I'm fine, I'm well, I'm coping."
For God's sake Mum, just tell the truth,
Just say your heart is broken.

She'll love me all her life,
I loved her all of mine.
But if you ask her how she is,
She'll lie and say she's fine.

I am Here in Heaven.
I cannot hug her from here.
If she lies to you don't listen,
Hug her and hold her near.

On the day we meet again,
We'll smile and I'll be bold.
I'll say, "You're lucky to get in here, Mum,
With all the lies you told!"

Author Unknown

--------------

I haven’t been around as much as I am an accountant and it is “that” time of the year.

Bay, I say that this morning about WI and in fact I haven't been around much either.

Your gran sounds lovely.......:)

Perhaps he's good friends with most of the judges, or thinks he is. Perhaps the man off the street wouldn't be able to relate to the high fallooting barrister?

Hi all, I'm a Perth local so this case has been in the news a lot! Yes, Lloyd Rainey is a barrister and has acted for a lot of defendants in the past and his deceased wife Corryn worked for many years as a judges associate in the supreme court in Perth. Therefore it would be very hard to find a local judge who did not personally know one of them or worked with them, hence why a judge being flown in for trial. Also due to massive public interest in case, Rayney chose a judge only rather than a jury trial.

Very interested to see outcome, as many parallels to GBC. Young daughters unfortunately IMO chose to believe their father and live with him (he got bail) and they are now estranged from mother's family. Couple were "separated" but living together at time of death. He has shown little emotion IMO at wife's death. General Perth consensus - he killed her. IMO IMO.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...n-family-home-prosecution-20120309-1uotx.html

To bring in a guilty verdict based on entirely circumstantial evidence, it must be that guilt should not only be a rational inference but also that it must be the ONLY rational inference that can be drawn from the circumstances.

I do like #1 & really hope that would be the case for Allison's family's sake.

Would be damn good to think police have some truly damning evidence on him. A couple of thoughts on that...a positive id of him at or near Kholo....evidence from the face time call if they're able to detect what that call was about & it can't be disputed.

Ohhhh yes. Allison's blood on an item of his clothing, his DNA found on the gloves discovered at the scene? Evidence of pollen/soil from kholo detected on wheels of captiva?

I guess my surprise in how obsessed I could be was in my FIRST forey into websleuthing - the Caylee Anthony case. I even travelled to Sydney to see the play "Tot Mum" (the only play in the world that was based on this crime).
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...mom-play-forces-audience-to-watch-itself.html
http://crimemagazine.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial-modern-american-tragedy

I swore I was never going to get that involved again because I'm convinced that justice was NOT served for that poor little girl. It was devastating, and I was very emotional about it. My kids were amazed!

I would have loved to see that play. I have attached a link that will interest you. The Casey Anthony case will never be resolved IMO

Casey Anthony evidence never heard before

http://www.washingtonpost.com/casey-anthony-evidence-never-heard-before/2012/07/05/gJQAvlsYQW_video.html

To bring in a guilty verdict based on entirely circumstantial evidence, it must be that guilt should not only be a rational inference but also that it must be the ONLY rational inference that can be drawn from the circumstances.

That is so right and it is why IMO he will go down for this and if he appeas he also takes the risk that they may increase his sentence. Compared to what they had in the Sica case (a bleached footprint, a wiped computer, some possible motive in feeling wronged by his ex-girlfriend, and per-meditation for the other two killings as they could have been witnesses).

In GBCs case there is so much more:
Conflicting stories about when he last saw her, computer wiped, face calls, strong motive in terms of financial gain from her death, blood in the car - and that is only what we know so far.

That is so right and it is why IMO he will go down for this and if he appeas he also takes the risk that they may increase his sentence. Compared to what they had in the Sica case (a bleached footprint, a wiped computer, some possible motive in feeling wronged by his ex-girlfriend, and per-meditation for the other two killings as they could have been witnesses).

In GBCs case there is so much more:
Conflicting stories about when he last saw her, computer wiped, face calls, strong motive in terms of financial gain from her death, blood in the car - and that is only what we know so far.

IMO, there's more than enough.

“As a matter of fact I didn’t actually start the Boy Scout movement because the blooming thing started itself unseen.”
—Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell, 1937

This quote is from the National Scouting Museum Website.
http://www.bsamuseum.org/Exhibitions.aspx

"Though LORD BADEN-POWELL is always credited with having founded the Boy Scout Movement, he tells here how, like Topsy, it "just growed"

As a matter of fact I didn't actually start the Boy Scout Movement, because the blooming thing started itself unseen.

It started in 1908 - but the microbe of Scouting had got me long before that. When I was a boy at Charterhouse I got a lot of fun out of trapping rabbits in woods that were out of bounds."

http://www.pinetreeweb.com/bp-listener.htm
1937 magazine article

He also talked about hiding from searchers. "doing this I learned to creep silently, to know my way by landmarks, to note tracks and read their meaning, to use dry dead wood off trees and not off the ground for my fire, to make a tiny non-smoky fire such as would not give me away to prying masters; and if these came along I had my sod ready to extinguish the fire and hide the spot while I shinned up some ivy- clad tree where I could nestle unobserved above the line of sight of the average searcher"
:what:

I knew there were shares but the rest of it is new. So he's allegedly drawn almost HALF of it? Hmm. Interesting! Possibly to give the appearance he wouldn't take Allison's money or something to that tune?

that was the conclusion that i came to as well.

I hope someone has frozen the account for future use of the girls...

A margin loan account - so they borrowed the money to buy the shares and would need to pay it back. Isn't that how those things work?
I have no idea really but someone explained it like that to me

Thankyou I look at it as a bump in the road early on followed by a wonderful childhood and happy life with grandparents who filled my life with love, I was very lucky.

What hubby thinks about what?
about GBC

A little poem for your Nan.

Ask My Mum How She Is...

My Mum, she tells a lot of lies,
She never did before.
But from now until she dies,
She'll tell a whole lot more.

Ask my Mum how she is
And because she can't explain,
She will tell a little lie
Because she can't describe the pain.

Ask my Mum how she is,
She'll say "I'm alright."
If that's the truth, then tell me,
why does she cry each night ?

Ask my Mum how she is,
She seems to cope so well.
She didn't have a choice you see,
Nor the strength to yell.

Ask my Mum how she is,
"I'm fine, I'm well, I'm coping."
For God's sake Mum, just tell the truth,
Just say your heart is broken.

She'll love me all her life,
I loved her all of mine.
But if you ask her how she is,
She'll lie and say she's fine.

I am Here in Heaven.
I cannot hug her from here.
If she lies to you don't listen,
Hug her and hold her near.

On the day we meet again,
We'll smile and I'll be bold.
I'll say, "You're lucky to get in here, Mum,
With all the lies you told!"

Author Unknown

--------------
you could make grown men cry:blushing:

those posts are still on Aussie crims site.

Thanks marlywings I'd have thought the NSW media would have been all over this case as much as Qld media are over Allison.
This woman seems totally forgotten.

My guess is that the doctor may have a good solid alibi, hence this may be a random attack. With ABC, IMO the difference is that she was reported missing first and that the husband was with her before she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste