Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for many people, including myself, it is a big dilemma what to do when one hears arguments in the neighbours house. On one hand, one wonders, should I call the police just in case someone is being hurt, or should I stay out of it and mind my own business, after all, it could just be an argument. If any of ABC's neighbours heard arguments that fateful night and called the police, maybe she would be alive today. But, on the other hand, one cannot hold them responsible or criticise them if they did nothing. So many neighbourhood disputes start because someone gets involved, but on the other hand, if one does nothing, then things could escalate to the point of having dreadful consequences.

I have a family next door, where the arguments were going on on a daily basis, sometimes late a night. I put up with it for about a week and then I yelled out to them to shut up or I would call the police. After the husband swore at me a couple of times (which I ignored), in the end the arguments have stopped (or at least I can't hear them anymore).

So true. The fact that my neighbours chose to call the police one fateful night probably saved my life... even my ex admitted that. It's a hard decision to make... call or not to call?? Could be someone's life you hold in your hands... or you could get abused by the neighbours for calling. Having been there myself, it would still be a tough call.

I think for many people, including myself, it is a big dilemma what to do when one hears arguments in the neighbours house. On one hand, one wonders, should I call the police just in case someone is being hurt, or should I stay out of it and mind my own business, after all, it could just be an argument. If any of ABC's neighbours heard arguments that fateful night and called the police, maybe she would be alive today. But, on the other hand, one cannot hold them responsible or criticise them if they did nothing. So many neighbourhood disputes start because someone gets involved, but on the other hand, if one does nothing, then things could escalate to the point of having dreadful consequences.

I have a family next door, where the arguments were going on on a daily basis, sometimes late a night. I put up with it for about a week and then I yelled out to them to shut up or I would call the police. After the husband swore at me a couple of times (which I ignored), in the end the arguments have stopped (or at least I can't hear them anymore).

Before one of my daughters purchased a house, she rented (7) years ago in Springvale Nth, Vic. Directly opposite her across the road, a couple, around 50ish, continually loudly argued inside their house. One night whilst visiting my daughter, I was witness to it. My daughter was so sick of it that she went out to street and yelled across as loud as she could 'Shut up'. It did the trick for that occasion, but the arguments continued, worst on weekend nights.

My daughter bought a house elsewhere and moved. A few months later I heard a morning news report of 2 bodies being found in a house in Springvale Nth. I called my daughter and told her I guaranteed it was that couple. Sadly it was that couple. Apparently the husband had shot his wife in the early hours of the Saturday morning, was seen out and about on the Sunday, and killed himself on the Monday. Fortunately they had no children, but I did see a death notice from his elderly parents, which must have been horrific for them.

If my daughter had decided to call the police, the consequences could have been dire for her, especially not knowing that the man had a firearm. People like that can just go off sometimes, at anyone who challenges them. Very hard to know what to do when your own safety could be at risk.

So true. The fact that my neighbours chose to call the police one fateful night probably saved my life... even my ex admitted that. It's a hard decision to make... call or not to call?? Could be someone's life you hold in your hands... or you could get abused by the neighbours for calling. Having been there myself, it would still be a tough call.

Yes, Linette, that's exactly what I meant. It is a very hard decision and that's why I chose to give them a warning instead of immediately calling the police. I'm sure my neighbour now can't stand me, but because I don't really know them, I don't really care what he thinks of me.

Before one of my daughters purchased a house, she rented (7) years ago in Springvale Nth, Vic. Directly opposite her across the road, a couple, around 50ish, continually loudly argued inside their house. One night whilst visiting my daughter, I was witness to it. My daughter was so sick of it that she went out to street and yelled across as loud as she could 'Shut up'. It did the trick for that occasion, but the arguments continued, worst on weekend nights.

My daughter bought a house elsewhere and moved. A few months later I heard a morning news report of 2 bodies being found in a house in Springvale Nth. I called my daughter and told her I guaranteed it was that couple. Sadly it was that couple. Apparently the husband had shot his wife in the early hours of the Saturday morning, was seen out and about on the Sunday, and killed himself on the Monday. Fortunately they had no children, but I did see a death notice from his elderly parents, which must have been horrific for them.

If my daughter had decided to call the police, the consequences could have been dire for her, especially not knowing that the man had a firearm. People like that can just go off sometimes, at anyone who challenges them. Very hard to know what to do when your own safety could be at risk.

That is terrible. Yes, this is yet another side to the whole 'should we call' thing. You're right, your daughter could have ended up injured or worse if she called the police and they found out. Sometimes you just can't win.

Hi CC, It would be difficult to face your son (who is proclaiming innocence) if you felt/know in your heart otherwise. I try to put myself in her place ....and really what can you say you would be angry, hurt, disgusted and shocked ? I would stay away too. GBC has alledgedly destroyed her world/life. I imagine she is finding it difficult to face each day let alone visit her son under such circumstances. MOO

All things being equal, I would agree, however we do not know if she had any involvement or knowledge, before or after, therefore I would have to reserve my counsel on that.

How horrible!! Yes, it is very risky to get involved.

Yes, Linette, that's exactly what I meant. It is a very hard decision and that's why I chose to give them a warning instead of immediately calling the police. I'm sure my neighbour now can't stand me, but because I don't really know them, I don't really care what he thinks of me.

... and if he's like that, you wouldn't really care what his opinion is of you anyway. I've always thought if a person of low morals, or just your basic creep {can't use the real word} doesn't like you, then you should take it as a compliment. lol

Hi CC, It would be difficult to face your son (who is proclaiming innocence) if you felt/know in your heart otherwise. I try to put myself in her place ....and really what can you say you would be angry, hurt, disgusted and shocked ? I would stay away too. GBC has alledgedly destroyed her world/life. I imagine she is finding it difficult to face each day let alone visit her son under such circumstances. MOO

My guess is that perhaps she is unwell from all the unimaginable stress of the past few months.

Whether she knows anything or not, or was directly involved or not, the whole awful tragedy must be taking an enormous toll on her physical and mental health.

That being said, she still has an obligation to do what she must for justice for Allison, whatever that may be. :twocents:

Is it a fact that EBC still hasn,t visited the son in jail or is that just going from weeks ago?

im wondering if ebc is on medication, she may be really suffering mentally and unable to leave the house. some people suffer from panic attacks especially when there is a lot of stress. she didnt look well in the letterbox video compared to the facebook photo, which i realize may be from years ago or have been photo shopped.
either that or she just cant face him because she is disgusted or it breaks her heart, whatever reason though, her life has fallen apart allegedly at the hands of her probably much loved son. his actions, if guilty have ruined and changed so many lives

My guess is that perhaps she is unwell from all the unimaginable stress of the past few months.

Whether she knows anything or not, or was directly involved or not, the whole awful tragedy must be taking an enormous toll on her physical and mental health.

That being said, she still has an obligation to do what she must for justice for Allison, whatever that may be. :twocents:

Yes I agree. This is a woman who felt highly regarded in the community,IMO and by name association. Thought she had the ideal life and husband she IMO idolized and beautiful grandchildren she was apparently very involved with.
Now the family name is disgraced, her son is in jail ,her husband allegedly involved IMO and her grandchildren gone. I think under these circumstances it would be hard to visit my son and not loose it. On top of it all she could be in the depths of clinical depression and who wouldn't be? I raised my first grandson to the age of 3 so that my daughter could complete her university studies. I loved him more than life. My daughter married a man I just clashed with for many reasons and he forbade me to see my grandson. I suffered clinical depression from that pain and think about my daughter and grandson every day (7 years now).I had to move to another state to deal with it. I can't imagine what EBC is going through.Involved ( and if she is she will suffer further) or not her pain would be immense and at the end of the day she didn't ask for any of this . IMO

Hi MG ... yes, I agree (if she had no knowledge of anything), but if she was somehow involved in the cover-up, then it doesn't make sense. It could be an indication that she had no knowledge of anything. IMO.

Allison's murder not withstanding, as this is the heinous crime that has caused so much heartache, grief and sorrow, the residual repercussions of one person's horrendous acts runs deep.

:(

Thank you very, very much. I just flew home from Victoria this morning...Still thawing out. You are so kind.:rocker:

Where there many other flowers there?

Looked for some artificial sunflowers in Vic that would tolerate the outdoors..none yet.

Have you looked in Spotlight? They generally have quite a big range.

We know the neighbours did call police that night and they were interviewed 3 times about this as stated in thread after thread, and MSM was quoted..too tired to prove it now sorry

Sorrry i have not being giving much input as late but ive had to do the ironing,check my horoscope,talk to people about all the horrible things men have done to me and plant a rememberance garden to allison (lovely daisys is that right). Im back now the hard core are dropppping off....OK lets slueth?

JUst postulating that EBC would know her children well. She raised them to focus on her needs and GBC was always the one who might let "the side" down. This time he has well and truly crossed the line - he has compromised her relationship with her husband, the relationship with her "perfect" daughter and now she is reeling from the fact that the grandchildren she had a close and most special relationship with are no longer at her disposal. This is not about GBC this is about her. By offering his unwavering support to Gerard, NBC has also disappointed her but she might forgive him, if he comes to his senses and realises that GBC has played them like pawns in his own selfish game. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx