Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, WOW, WOW - you guys have got to check out this link from Nads. That is soooo close to what I believe happened! My goodness, it's almost like GBC was watching tv one night and thought "Uh, there's an idea". What amazing parallels. Will be interesting to see how close it is in the end to our story.

Moo

Yeah, but he forgot to take note that this guy got caught. :floorlaugh:

With good outcomes for the prosecution I hope. I don't know why, I just get a feeling that it won't be easy to nail him. What if he does get off?

If this judge heard it today, does it mean he will hear it next time too, or is it a random thing of who you get on the day?
I'm not sure about being the same person. But is was only a magistrate -s/he decides if there is enough info to go to trial. If so, it goes to the Supreme court with a judge and jury.

I had a lot of dealings with courts years ago, and it is quite common for magistrates/judges to get cranky. Judge Judy is not all fake. Sometimes the mag/judge would just be playing devils advocate. I wouldn't read too much into this, except maybe this magistrate has a holiday booked for a few months time.

I'm not sure about being the same person. But is was only a magistrate -s/he decides if there is enough info to go to trial. If so, it goes to the Supreme court with a judge and jury.

I had a lot of dealings with courts years ago, and it is quite common for magistrates/judges to get cranky. Judge Judy is not all fake. Sometimes the mag/judge would just be playing devils advocate. I wouldn't read too much into this, except maybe this magistrate has a holiday booked for a few months time.

Thankyou, I hope you're right. :)

With good outcomes for the prosecution I hope. I don't know why, I just get a feeling that it won't be easy to nail him. What if he does get off?

If this judge heard it today, does it mean he will hear it next time too, or is it a random thing of who you get on the day?

Hey Linette, the committal hearing (or mention) today was heard by a Magistrate, not a Judge. Magistrates preside over summary offences, although they can hear some indictable offences. A Magistrate presiding over a committal hearing looks at the evidence presented to determine if it is sufficient to commit the defendant to appear before a judge and jury.

How about the VERY Hungry Little Caterpillar...that hurt, but just a little bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HungryCaterpillar.JPG

IMHO

As slowly as a caterpillar munches through a leaf folks, so doth our facts keep eating away at GBCs guts.......whilst adding to our Prosecution brief.

Follow the money is our motto and motive to drive this man to murder......have to prove it first, to a jury and it takes caterpillar mouthfuls each day to unthread this cable of spider web he has made.......

Hey Linette, the committal hearing (or mention) today was heard by a Magistrate, not a Judge. Magistrates preside over summary offences, although they can hear some indictable offences. A Magistrate presiding over a committal hearing looks at the evidence presented to determine if it is sufficient to commit the defendant to appear before a judge and jury.

Thankyou, Makara. I get a bit confused with who is who in courts. :)

Thanks Marlywings.

The two huge pipes running from bank to bank across the Kholo Creek mouth would have acted like a weir, creating further damming and eddies, perhaps sufficient to carry Allison up the bank to rest in behind the pilons. Perhaps she was of just the right buoyancy and weight (sorry to be crude) to come to rest there while other debris like vegetation got washed away?
JMO

Globe, what are you basing your thoughts on? Have you seen water over that bottom pipe in normal weather conditions (not the Jan floods)?

That bottom pipe has quite a bit of clearance at high tide but there is a waterline on it that could have been from flooding IMO

Before A was found, an elder predicted she would wash up there. I want to believe she was placed. Not so sure now.

Yep, I'm in two minds too.

The fact that GBC made contact with the insurance mob after a body was discovered, points to the fact that he knew a body was necessary for an immediate insurance claim to be made.

Placement of Allison's body under the bridge to ensure eventual discovery would fit with the pre-meditation theory, in order to claim life insurance sooner rather than later.

But GBC may have hedged his bets that Allison would be discovered at an upstream dumping site anyway given his presumed knowledge of the area's use for scouting & recreation.

In his mind, which location would lend itself more to discovery plus provide sufficient concealment of the act of dumping? IMO both the bridge and upstream sites are equally possible.

Is that who's parents own the house on the corner of Boscombe & B'Field Rd. or was that someone else? If so, that's cosy.

Someone else. Bernard Tomics' family live down the Gold Coast.

I know you you mean (I think). Don't want to sleuth them as they are not related to this case or their son/daughter whom to our knowledge does not have any involvement.

The fact that GBC made contact with the insurance mob after a body was discovered, points to the fact that he knew a body was necessary for an immediate insurance claim to be made.

Placement of Allison's body under the bridge to ensure eventual discovery would fit with the pre-meditation theory, in order to claim life insurance sooner rather than later.

But GBC may have hedged his bets that Allison would be discovered at an upstream dumping site anyway given his presumed knowledge of the area's use for scouting & recreation.

In his mind, which location would lend itself more to discovery plus provide sufficient concealment of the act of dumping? IMO both the bridge and upstream sites are equally possible.

Is there any possibility that he did not know about the 7 year clause?

THAT IS the catch 22 isn't it....motive/opportunity/means for money as proof to a jury, has to have her PLACED under bridge.

Without that, jury will find reasonable doubt.......they have to place HIM THERE too to prove it.....very tough case in my opinion of 1 1/2 yrs of law as a youngster...(chose teaching instead).

Well I've been thinking what if he didn't actually do the deed himself but paid someone else to do it. Remember in Allisons diary she wrote that she didnt know how he paid for hotels re TM. This indicates that it wasnt from their original accounts. My point is maybe he used the business to pay for things that he didnt want anyone to know about.IMO

Funny there was $290 000 in contracts to friends due by 30th of June. (seemingly seperate to the $275 000 in gentlemens agreements)

Since the very informative "on the ground" posts of last thread, I went to investigate where kholo creek, the ugly creek and scout grounds were on the google map I made of key points - http://tinyurl.com/allisonbadenclaymap

where bunya meets flaggy creek road, the kholo creek is very close by. is that the area people went to today? i don't think there are many houses to the east of bunya, the structure i can see looks like a gazebo??

Hi ozazure. Yes, we drove up Bunya St, passed the Scout Hall to the end of the road. It doesn't join on to Flaggy Creek Rd. Bunya is a dead end street - all fenced off at the end. The map looks like they may join, but they don't.

There is the main entrance to the Scout Hall with a padlocked gate and then at the end of Bunya there is another padlocked gate. There is sparse/open bush, about 15 - 20 mts. Then it appears to drop off to Kholo Creek.

There were a few houses along Bunya St, but what struck me was that 2 or 3 of them were very close to the road and near the Scout Hall gate. One house is directly across - maybe the caretakers? At the end of Bunya St, I can't recall any houses at all - it was just bush.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the 'gazebo' structure is. The other girls may have noticed something like this?

Is there any possibility that he did not know about the 7 year clause?

A huge possibility IMO, given that he googled 'taking the fifth' which relates to the 5th amendment of the American Constitution.

THAT IS the catch 22 isn't it....motive/opportunity/means for money as proof to a jury, has to have her PLACED under bridge.

Without that, jury will find reasonable doubt.......they have to place HIM THERE too to prove it.....very tough case in my opinion of 1 1/2 yrs of law as a youngster...(chose teaching instead).

Hopefully the pollen will place him there. Or if the Face time video copy can be obtained from Apple - wow! Done and dusted.

A huge possibility IMO, given that he googled 'taking the fifth' which relates to the 5th amendment of the American Constitution.

Yes, I think there's alot he didn't know... he's learning now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties