Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw that interview I knew then he was guilty and ABC was dead.

I had exactly the same thoughts- as I'm sure lots of us did. And while I agree with 'innocent until proven guilty'- it's very hard to look past that interview. It's still fascinating to watch even after all this time ( and cringe worthy at the same time).IMO

Agree!! During that interview I went from thinking "I wonder what happened?" ... to knowing.

Can you all keep a secret? 'Cause I was told not to tell anyone.....I received the most beautiful delivery today from darling Wozzle. Flowers and chocolates (both my favourites- lilies and lindt) -as a thank you for placing flowers at the bridge. What a lovely surprise! :)

That's lovely! but I just wanted you to know I'm hopeless with keeping secrets so if anyone else finds out, it was probably me who told them. :)

Can you all keep a secret? 'Cause I was told not to tell anyone.....I received the most beautiful delivery today from darling Wozzle. Flowers and chocolates (both my favourites- lilies and lindt) -as a thank you for placing flowers at the bridge. What a lovely surprise! :)

That is beautiful. Aaaw!!! ... have a chocky for me please.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-in-bail-hearing/story-e6frg6nf-1226405470286

In regards to the discussion regarding the screams heard on that Thursday night..

This is from the above link

Police allege that the blood of Mrs Baden-Clay was found in the boot of her husband's car and this was consistent with their belief that she had been killed in their Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, before her body was dumped in a creek about 14km away.

This is from the bail application hearing..

After reading this it appears to me that the police are saying that she was murdered at home.

Why would they present this to the court if the murder happened elsewhere?

It also makes sense because the house was declared a crime scene.. If no crime was committed there why would it have been declared a crime scene

IMO the screams are not relevant to the case..

This is my opinion only

Correct link this time:

We don't know if the female screams heard are connected or not connected. Anything may have happened. Fact is none of us know. We are sleuthing possibilities. She may have been chased and grabbed by the alleged murderer and/or accomplice(s) for all we know. The screams appear to be closer in vicinity to the NBC house. We don't know what Allison did after leaving the hairdressers, do we? we don't know if she went to NBC's house. We don't know if they called her and asked her to come over after the hairdressers. We can't rule it in or out just yet. But we do know that nobody has come forward to say they had a party near there that night. Keeping an open mind. MOO

Then he goes on to say that they have great family support and "Olivia's taking care of us". A bit of a contradiction there.

You know if GBC couldn't search because he had no alibi the night Allison disappeared why didn't OW and the seniors - what was stopping them searching for their daughter/sister-in-law? I think their attitude is what gave the game away and IMO did not help GBC's cause one little bit. MOO

As for 'devastation' - we kept hearing the word on MSM but did anyone see any of it? MOO

Shame, shame shame! IMO

Same here, Woof.

At first, when I heard of Allison's disappearance on the news I thought to myself, 'It's probably the husband' (because, it usually is.)

Then, when I learnt of Allison's incredible beauty, talent and intelligence and compared it to her husband's comparatively meagre accomplishments I thought, 'Jealousy is a big motive here.'

THEN I saw that TV interview and I was SURE he did it.

I had exactly the same thoughts- as I'm sure lots of us did. And while I agree with 'innocent until proven guilty'- it's very hard to look past that interview. It's still fascinating to watch even after all this time ( and cringe worthy at the same time).IMO

The appeal by the dickies is what put doubts in my mind from the very beginning..

I sat and watched as they pleaded and begged the public for help in finding their precious daughter and I thought.. WHERE is her husband?

Even if he was too distraught to speak he still should have been there IMO

I do believe in innocent till proven guilty cause that is the law but......

This is My opinion only

I'm curious about something... not just regarding this case, but I have always wondered... and another missing woman on the news today has brought it up again.
You know how Allison went missing and it quickly skyrocketed into something more than a missing person case... like, I mean VERY quickly. Then there's the lady Angel1 brought to our attention that has been missing from Warwick {QLD} since July 3rd? First time it's really been on the news is today, the 12th? {Correct me if it has been on before now} Now, they're looking at a her ex for some reason... this is my question... how to the police determine what is high priority and what isn't?

There have been a few times where you'll see on the news that police are enquiring about someone who has now been missing for quite a few days...
Not picking or anything like that... but how do they determine this, especially since they are now talking about this missing woman's ex?
I'm not meaning to go off topic or anything with this...

Bugging. Can police place listening devices in suspects cars and houses? Don't they need to get permission from a judge, or a court order or something? Is anyone in the know?

Yes they need a warrant to do it I think.

The appeal by the dickies is what put doubts in my mind from the very beginning..

I sat and watched as they pleaded and begged the public for help in finding their precious daughter and I thought.. WHERE is her husband?

Even if he was too distraught to speak he still should have been there IMO

I do believe in innocent till proven guilty cause that is the law but......

This is My opinion only

Well if you were innocent - you would be hanging off every word the QPS and SES had to say and you would be out of your mind with it all........I am sure the police see a lot of that in cases where people go missing - real gut wrenching devastation from the family that are coming to terms with what might have happened to their loved one.......
however
not so here - the 'stonewall mob', didn't search, didn't speak to the media (who are just trying to do their job), didn't attend the command post, didn't appear devastated and in OW's case, ran up a neighbour's driveway!

MOO

In regards to GBC TV interview he did come off very ingenuous. But that could also be because he had already moved on emotionally from ABC and wasn't as upset as he otherwise would have been.
I am not saying he isn't guilty, just that his response could have have had other reasons as well.

You know if GBC couldn't search because he had no alibi the night Allison disappeared why didn't OW and the seniors - what was stopping them searching for their daughter/sister-in-law? I think their attitude is what gave the game away and IMO did not help GBC's cause one little bit. MOO

As for 'devastation' - we kept hearing the word on MSM but did anyone see any of it? MOO

Shame, shame shame! IMO

Did I see any devastation? No. You only have to compare the faces of the Dickies to the faces of the BC's. One lot were truly heartbroken... the other lot were truly, well worried about themselves. IMO

Bugging. Can police place listening devices in suspects cars and houses? Don't they need to get permission from a judge, or a court order or something? Is anyone in the know?

Yes they can and they do need to get permission/warrant for TI (telephone intercept) and other forms of surveillance.

Because it is so intrusive, the requesting officer/s would need exceptionally strong grounds to get permission to place them in houses etc....and use them.

Shame, shame shame! IMO

Exactly.

There are also no reasons for not utilising the constant media presence to keep making pleas for assistance and information from the public to help find her.

Did I see any devastation? No. You only have to compare the faces of the Dickies to the faces of the BC's. One lot were truly heartbroken... the other lot were truly, well worried about themselves. IMO

It was heartbreaking watching the Dickies' plea. It appeared farcical watching BCs IMO

In regards to GBC TV interview he did come off very ingenuous. But that could also be because he had already moved on emotionally from ABC and wasn't as upset as he otherwise would have been.
I am not saying he isn't guilty, just that his response could have have had other reasons as well.

I understand what you are saying.... But I would think that when faced with the prospect of another human being missing presumed murdered that you would have some sort of emotion. Maybe that's just me- but I cry when people I've never met have died let alone the mother of your children- no matter what the current relationship.iMO

Somewhere around page 305 I think you'll find the answer is yes....

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/current/P/PolicePowResA00.pdf

Also...another member posted this report a while back although it is in UK....

6 July 2012

A couple who covered up their son's murder of his girlfriend at their Bournemouth home have been jailed

Their actions were uncovered when police bugged their house and recorded conversations where they discussed whether they had done the right thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18733240

I have no doubt he'd 'already moved on' emotionally from Allison. As we now know, he was having multiple affairs so that seems to tell me that the only emotions he had for Allison were scorn, derision and contempt. -- all of which are motives for murder, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AISFORAPPLE