Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning troops :)

While driving to work, I just had a thought, that may be worth considering:

We know that GBC's phone was taken off its charger at 8:30pm, right?

BUT where was the charger???

As far as I know, everyone has assumed that the charger was at their home, either a mains charger in the wall socket, or a USB lead into his computer.

But, as I looked at my iPhone on its charger in my car....!!!! I suddenly thought that the GBC iPhone charging could have been anywhere - including in his car!

I don't think that the iPhone info can differentiate WHERE the charger was - unless it did a sync with a computer at the same time, and the computer is a fixed computer like a desktop machine (as opposed to a laptop, which could also have been anywhere).

So - my thought is that the timing of the charging does NOT actually place GBC at home necessarily. And the same goes for when the phone was put back ON the charger, although that would be more likely to be at home if it were still there when the logs showed he took it off charge just before making all those phone calls and texts at 6:30 or whenever....

Just a thought....

Yes, good point. This was my initial thought also. Both theories are possible.

My thoughts on the life insurance policy.

1. Allison knew money was tight, so she phoned insurance company to merge policies so would only be one payment a year. Might just have been an enquiry.

2. She casually mentions this to GBC. He has a light bulb moment and tries to get more info direct from the company. No luck - he is denied access.

3. GBC asks his Financial Adviser - NBC? to follow it up.

4. GBC's light bulb moment burns him (maybe causing caterpillar-like marks) when he finds out how much ABC would be worth dead.

5. Makes 'commitment' to TM.

6. In his excitement makes the mistake of starting a claim before Allison is identified.

As far as I know, everyone has assumed that the charger was at their home, either a mains charger in the wall socket, or a USB lead into his computer.

But, as I looked at my iPhone on its charger in my car....!!!! I suddenly thought that the GBC iPhone charging could have been anywhere - including in his car!

I don't think that the iPhone info can differentiate WHERE the charger was - unless it did a sync with a computer at the same time, and the computer is a fixed computer like a desktop machine (as opposed to a laptop, which could also have been anywhere).

So - my thought is that the timing of the charging does NOT actually place GBC at home necessarily. And the same goes for when the phone was put back ON the charger, although that would be more likely to be at home if it were still there when the logs showed he took it off charge just before making all those phone calls and texts at 6:30 or whenever....

Just a thought....

Hmmm, I was syncing my phone this morn and had this thought.
If my phone is charging via the either outlet or via the pc, and I need to call or text, I leave it charging, I only take it off charging if it's full or if I'm leaving the house. Given that GBC put it back on charge later, in my mind it says he left the house and when he returned home, placed it back on charge.
But I'm loving your idea-I wonder if one of our iPhone wiz's knows if there is a way to tell ?

This is MOO.

Joined the month before her murder , and has inside info. :what::what:
Sixsence
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012
And
Allison phoning the insurance company herself- is that fact? I thought that was MSM getting facts wrong again.

Aunty...Allison disappeared on 19th April...her body was found on 30th April. If you go back to the very first Allison Baden-Clay thread you'll see it was started on 20th April when she was first reported to be missing....almost every member, in at least the first half of that thread, had joined in April, before her body was found. Other members also joined in April although didn't post until some time later.

The info re "Allison phoning the insurance company herself" was from someone who was at the court bail hearing which is mentioned in the info I posted as per the timeline in Timeline thread.

Hmmm, I was syncing my phone this morn and had this thought.
If my phone is charging via the either outlet or via the pc, and I need to call or text, I leave it charging, I only take it off charging if it's full or if I'm leaving the house. Given that GBC put it back on charge later, in my mind it says he left the house and when he returned home, placed it back on charge.
But I'm loving your idea-I wonder if one of our iPhone wiz's knows if there is a way to tell ?

This is MOO.

It could be that it's location even while on charge can be ascertained by the carrier. Gps services could capture that info. Hell if they can determine when a phone is taken off and put on charge, finding out where the location is should be possible too. IMO.

Just a thought....

The pings from the phone itself should show where it was at no matter where the charger was located.

Just a thought....

Morning All,
My only wonder re this theory Doc is, wouldn't the charge register as "on" and then "off" every time the car was started up and then switched off? Just wondering if they can tell the difference? It would still be useful information either way!

Just a thought....

Great thinking Dr. Watson! He could have been anywhere as you say really, not necessarily at home, it would be so interesting to know if it could be established what the phone was connected to when it was being charged, especially if it was a car.
One thing we do know is that by the timing of said phone being put on the charger then taken off the charger, it follows that he was awake for most of the night that Allison went missing....so much for sleeping "soundly" all night.
I'm still reading earlier posts and have not caught up yet, but trying.

Just a thought....

:rocker:

great sleuthing Dr Watson

JMO MOO

I'm probably being over analytical but the following has be intrigued.

Respectfully snipped from the full timeline of events published in the Brisbane Times on 27 June 2012.

April 19, 2012 (the day, police allege, Mrs Baden-Clay was killed)

Mr Baden-Clay and his alleged mistress, Toni McHugh, have a conversation in the afternoon about their relationship's future.

About 6.30pm, Mrs Baden-Clay leaves her local Kenmore hairdresser. The hairdresser told police Mrs Baden-Clay was having her hair done because she planned to attend a real estate conference the following day. Police said the hairdresser told them "it was unusual from conversations she had with the deceased about having her hair done for the event that she would go walking or exercising prior to attending the conference".

Right here. *

About 8.30pm Mr Baden-Clay's phone was removed from the charger.

Mr Baden-Clay told police he and Mrs Baden-Clay had a conversation but would not say which exact topics were discussed.

Mr Baden-Clay had also told police he and Mrs Baden-Clay had been attending counselling services over his infidelity, which had ceased. He said the counsellor had advised they talk about the infidelity and relationship issues for 15 minute blocks at night.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz20yfrz79P

BBM:

* Allison left the hairdresser at about 6:30pm. GBC removed his phone from it's charger at about 8:30pm. The way this reads, one would be forgiven for thinking that Allison did not immediately return home when she left the hair salon that night. Did she phone GBC at about 8:30pm, hence his removal of the phone from the charger? Did she have car trouble and needed him to assist her? Did they both attend a counseling session that night while the girls were being looked after by Nigelaine?

I still feel that GBC and the girls were at Nigelaine's on the Thursday night while Allison was at the hairdresser. Whether she joined them there later is debatable I suppose. Perhaps she decided to just grab some take-away to enjoy in front of the TV before getting organized for the conference on Friday and that's where GBC found her when he returned with the girls.

Another thing I've been thinking about is that perhaps the girls were woken up late that night and taken to Nigelaine's by one of the BC females so as to remove them from the 'scene' and were returned home early to get ready for school. Is this what one of the girl's let slip to the police?

All my opinion and speculation only.

or if the girls were having tea at the bcs, did allison and gbc decide to have a quick meal out, as was rumoured, did they have a huge row at the restaurant, allison storm off, driving crazily home through the roundabout, with gbc following, both endimg up at home where the fight continued with allisons death before 8.30, gbc picks up his phone to call and see if the girls are ready, or that he will be a bit late picking them up as has a quick job to do. hurredly disposes of allison, picks up the girls, telling them mummy wont be home tonight?
i used to wonder if she ever made it home and if they drove somewhere to "talk" and she was killed and left there, but police have stated she was killed at home and i also believe the suffocation, bathwater rumour, and the loud arguing around 10pm, although that may have been gbc and someone else.
im wondering if allison was killed before 8.30pm and if the footy show was mentioned because it was on tv after his cleanup and easy to remember and stick to.

Great thinking Dr. Watson! He could have been anywhere as you say really, not necessarily at home, it would be so interesting to know if it could be established what the phone was connected to when it was being charged, especially if it was a car.
One thing we do know is that by the timing of said phone being put on the charger then taken off the charger, it follows that he was awake for most of the night that Allison went missing....so much for sleeping "soundly" all night.
I'm still reading earlier posts and have not caught up yet, but trying.

Exactly right Cyansea. The fact that he has stated that he is such a deep sleeper, he didn't know whether Allison came to bed or not is proven to be a lie due to his phone activity during the small hours!

Morning All,
My only wonder re this theory Doc is, wouldn't the charge register as "on" and then "off" every time the car was started up and then switched off? Just wondering if they can tell the difference? It would still be useful information either way!

Yes indeed - very good thinking there, Justamum. However, it depends on the car - and he drove a Prado. Now I have a 4WD as well (not a Prado), and I have my phone charger plugged into a lighter socket that is on all the time, regardless of the car ignition. Many 4WDs have these, for powering items such as car fridges, and other off-road stuff. But yes, you're quite right - if it was plugged into a socket that did go on and off with the car ignition, then that would show as the phone going on and off charge.

As far as I know, the phone records wouldn't show what type of charger the phone was plugged into - just that the required voltage was present. I doubt the phone would "know" what the other end of the lead was plugged into. The only exception would be, as I suggested, if it were plugged into a computer, and it did an iTunes sync when it was plugged in. And even then, if it were a laptop, that could also be somewhere other than the home desk - I know mine is! It goes where I go.

OK - back to real world obligations! Will check in later

Just a thought....
Good sleuthing Dr Watson. Good point.

The pings from the phone itself should show where it was at no matter where the charger was located.

As Marly correctly pointed out it does not matter where the charger was as the phone itself would have showed the location, so even if he used the charger in the car the pings would show where he was making it possibly even more incriminating. The QPS stating he placed the phone on the charger means that they know where the phone and hence the charger was located.

Aunty...Allison disappeared on 19th April...her body was found on 30th April. If you go back to the very first Allison Baden-Clay thread you'll see it was started on 20th April when she was first reported to be missing....almost every member, in at least the first half of that thread, had joined in April, before her body was found. Other members also joined in April although didn't post until some time later.

The info re "Allison phoning the insurance company herself" was from someone who was at the court bail hearing which is mentioned in the info I posted as per the timeline in Timeline thread.

And some have been reading since April and joined later in May. MOO

As Marly correctly pointed out it does not matter where the charger was as the phone itself would have showed the location, so even if he used the charger in the car the pings would show where he was making it possibly even more incriminating. The QPS stating he placed the phone on the charger means that they know where the phone and hence the charger was located.

Yes - good points. BUT - that would only be the case if the phone were switched on. If the phone were off, then no pings. And I mean REALLY off - not just in sleep mode.

But yes, the location services, if he had them turned on, would show where the phone was. But then again, maybe he thought to turn location services off? If not, then perhaps the phone may have left a nice little "breadcrumb trail" of pings all the way to Kholo Creek and back? Bearing in mind that just because the PHONE may have done that trip, doesn't necessarily prove that GBC did it....

Just by way of example, say the phone was on charge in the car, and somebody else drove the car to Kholo Creek....? Unlikely, for sure. But feasible.

The QPS stating he placed the phone on the charger means that they know where the phone and hence the charger was located.

Not sure I agree with that bit at all. Unless the phone has some way of knowing where the voltage is coming from - and I doubt that - then they would NOT necessarily know where the charger was located.

Just driven along Brookfield Rd. Looks to be about a dozen or so people at the house at the moment, most of which are police. Interesting.

And some have been reading since April and joined later in May. MOO

Yes I was reading from the beginning, but I don't think I joined until May, several weeks later.

Some of those first posters had some interesting stuff. I remember a few people talking about their interactions with GBC. One said she got the totally evil vibe, another said he seemed nice one minute, then flew into quite a rage, and another said GBC hit on his wife.

Yes I was reading from the beginning, but I don't think I joined until May, several weeks later.

Some of those first posters had some interesting stuff. I remember a few people talking about their interactions with GBC. One said she got the totally evil vibe, another said he seemed nice one minute, then flew into quite a rage, and another said GBC hit on his wife.

Yes some of the early stuff seemed very authentic MOO.

Is there a mod here who can let me know something?
I had two posts removed today, I was sure they were ok.
It did mention a facebook comment but I had posted this before.
Just checking as again this morning the website was not connecting so checking if it was removed or if it was due to a glitch? Thx

I'm still having alot of trouble with this site this morning... won't load or won't even register. I posted something last night, but it just never showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20