Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks too red to be just bruising
It looks like she has broken skin , like she has been dragged along a gravel driveway or rough carpet. She may have been holding something and he has tried getting it off her, she's fallen and still holding it, he's pulled her along.

There's been a lot of comment on supposed bruising or marking of Allison's leg in a small photo. I think it was Actus Reus who first mentioned it. But I haven't got an enlarged version of the photo, and on the original, I can't see anything that jumps out at me.

Could somebody who has access to that photo, and who can enlarge the appropriate segment, post it here so we can all see what is being referred to?

Thankee mucho.... :)

There's been a lot of comment on supposed bruising or marking of Allison's leg in a small photo. I think it was Actus Reus who first mentioned it. But I haven't got an enlarged version of the photo, and on the original, I can't see anything that jumps out at me.

Could somebody who has access to that photo, and who can enlarge the appropriate segment, post it here so we can all see what is being referred to?

What's up Doc. :floorlaugh:

Yes this is how I viewed it. Makara has put the pics up and I enlarged by holding CTL and the + sign. Go back a few pages or I'll bump it.

:bump:

I zoomed in on the photo and initially thought the mark on Allison's leg was discolouration on her knee but the mark does look to be a little higher than where the knee would be and IMO does look like a bruise. Would you really wear a split to the thigh dress if you had a large bruise on that same thigh? Personally I wouldn't but if GBC caused the bruise perhaps Allison wanted to show people what he'd done to her. Nah, that doesn't make any sense to me.

MOO.

View attachment 24666

View attachment 24665

ETA: If it is a bruise, maybe Allison hurt herself while dancing?

I wonder if there was more than a little physical domestic disarray that was hurriedly cleaned/replaced or repositioned before QPS arrived....something that couldn't be hidden. In a way I am sorry to suggest this, but I keep thinking of what rage makes people capable of...I keep thinking of slamming - a person being slammed into or against something. I doubt it was a calm action by the perpetrator...it was a pressure cooker situation. If someone was capable of desperately scratching to survive, I would think that there are vocal sounds accompanying...effort or fright. And how would children sleep through this? Unless, one could not make a sound. The night I heard Allison went missing, I had a dream of her face over a particular type of white flower. And I knew she was gone. Don't know why I'm telling you this. The photo at the dinner...photos are tricky...you get all sorts of skin colour aberrations, but they are usually uniform across all subjects...and not so in this photo. Some ladies wear concealer to hide all sots of body blemishes...but it wears off and could rub off (dress). I remember her friend (no link sorry) saying something like 'she told me things, I should have done more'. I wonder if this photo observation should be fwd'd to police in case it informs a greater picture. Who know...maybe someone commented to her about the leg mark on the night and this might help verify. Just IMO and thoughts.

What's up Doc. :floorlaugh:

Yes this is how I viewed it. Makara has put the pics up and I enlarged by holding CTL and the + sign. Go back a few pages or I'll bump it.

Thanks for the bump, CC - I'd missed that blown up shot. Yes, it does look like a bruise or an abrasion. But photos, especially those taken indoors with flash, can be misleading - I'm not sure I'd read too much into it. And we don't know what else may have caused that if it is indeed a bruise - tennis? gardening? kids? anything?

However, I'd have to agree that it does look like SOMETHING....

Damn, I cant stay back at page 11, I have to keep jumping around and getting myself more confused by the second!!

That mark on Allisons leg just SCREAMED out at me the minute I clicked on the attachment. Not the blown up version but the first one. It looks like a very deep and painful bruise if you ask me and it looks maybe a couple of days old.

When you get a BIG hit, especially on a large muscle like that, it takes a day or two for even the real deep blue colour to surface, before the other colours emerge. From what I can see, it has the real deep blue discolouration as well as the deep red/purple that comes after the blue? anyway, it looks like a rainbow of colours to me, which suggest its a couple of days old??

I realise that not everyone is agreeable that its a bruise? but to me I cant see what else it could be

MOO MOO

Was going to bed and saw your post. As far as I can work out its probably to be away from media, even though media know where this is.(maybe) Maybe just to enforce that the kids are out of bounds. I think that their safety would be paramount. Best we leave them alone, they have enough to deal with, however, I'd love if I could find out where big sis is??? That's where my big question mark is.

thanks for your reply, yes, youre probably right, it would be to protect them from the media and nosey public. im so pleased everyone is being so protective towards them, i hope they feel safe and once they are back with their old school and friends will start to feel some happiness and normality again, and hopefully so will the dickies.
allison, im sure would be smiling and happy at the public love and kindness and support shown her dear family.

Thanks for the bump, CC - I'd missed that blown up shot. Yes, it does look like a bruise or an abrasion. But photos, especially those taken indoors with flash, can be misleading - I'm not sure I'd read too much into it. And we don't know what else may have caused that if it is indeed a bruise - tennis? gardening? kids? anything?

However, I'd have to agree that it does look like SOMETHING....

True, It could have come from anything, and hopefully it did. If not, it paints a painful picture for women who get abused by calculating and gutless husbands who hit their wives in places that can usually be covered up. It also is very sad that women can front the public with a happy face, and often no one suspects what is happening to them behind closed doors

True, It could have come from anything, and hopefully it did. If not, it paints a painful picture for women who get abused by calculating and gutless husbands who hit their wives in places that can usually be covered up. It also is very sad that women can front the public with a happy face, and often no one suspects what is happening to them behind closed doors

I'm not sure it's a good idea to jump to the conclusion that any bruise is automatically caused by domestic violence. Bruises from other causes - sport, gardening, kids playing about, banging into furniture, whatever - tend NOT to be covered up so much. My lovely missus tends to wear those almost with pride (and often jokes that I've been beating her!!). I tend to agree with others that if that bruise (if it's real) had been caused by domestic violence, then she would be more likely to have worn something that would cover it up.

I'd like to see that house bull-dozed to the ground as soon as it could be done. I am pleased the Dickies were able to take on board a life changing journey like raising their daughters precious children. Their lives are forever affected but they have clearly realized the girls needs must take priority over their lifestyle and have decided it was best to move back to the area. I applaud them. However, the house will be a constant reminder to them and anyone else in the family of what sadness occurred there. Given the location that is not easy at all and it creates a kind of morbid fascination for some which is not helpful for the family who remain in the area. I hope the house is torn down instead of it becoming a memorial shrine or place of interest. Perhaps the most befitting of places for remembrance of such a lovely lady is where she is now at peace away sadly from her girls but never to have to deal with GBC again. Such a tradegy.

wouldnt it be lovely if they demolished the house and planted a huge public garden of sunflowers there for the summer months and spring bulbs for the winter, with benches for people to sit, and a community allottment style area for people to grow their own vegies, somewhere for everyone to go and feel safe and peaceful. then it becomes a place of hope and beauty.

I'm going to :lurk: as I am hogging.......Oink,oink....

You can join me then :rocker:
Lurking is listening and is still productive here.
I tend to lurk and I try to thank each post I read, and agree with , so I'm not a hidden lurker. :idea::seeya:

Yep, that was me. I couldn't enlarge the picture either but thought it was worth throwing out there for other opinions. Particularly given the persistent rumours of DV being a contributing factor.

There could be a dozen innocent explanations for discolouration on her leg.

Okay, figured I'd give us something to do....

If I was Inspector Ainsworth I'd be dividing my team up into groups of two-three and giving them a 'theory' to prove re what happened that night, then do a big
'show-n-tell' where the other detectives get to pick their theory apart.

So.... here's my theory of what happened.

Allison and GBC have a volatile relationship and DV is a regular part of the household. As previously stated by a websleuth member, GBC depises Allison for seeing him for who he really is. BUT he DOESN'T want out of the marriage - it suits him to be a married man.

Things however are heating up for GBC.... the business is about to go under - he owes a whole lot more than what we've heard about. People he's lent money from are starting to put some pressure on. TM is also putting the pressure on and he gives her a commitment re July 1. He has no intention of keeping it, just silencing her for the time being. His past (all in my theory of course!) is littered with shady deals skirting the edges of legality. Possibly he's tipped over into fraud. His other mistresses are also placing some pressure particularly one who threatens to spill the beans to both Allison and TM. He's feeling boxed in. I would suggest he has trouble seeing a way out of this mess he finds himself in.

He brainstorms some theories.... What would happen if??? The idea of getting his hands on Allison's insurance money passes his mind... he fantasises about how he would do it. He makes some queries about the insurance, but consciously discounts the idea.

The night before that fateful night he and Allison have a big fight. Possibly police are called (thus why they open a missing person investigation so quickly). Allison has found out the affair with TM is ongoing and she has had enough. She is more vocal in standing up for herself than ever before. Now she is no longer trying to save the marriage - and he senses it.

The night of the 19th GBC has a headache after arguing with TM. Allison comes home from the hairdresser, collecting the girls from Nigelaine on the way. She prepares the girl's lunches and clothes for the next day and puts them to bed. It's about 8:30pm. The girl's have gone to bed after a certain show they were watching on tv has finished (thus why QPS want scheduling info). A fight starts. ABC runs into the yard to get away from him... she wants some space, he follows - poor little dog next door complains loudly. Possibly GBC drags Allison back into the house by the hair.

She has really had enough. She tells him that she's sick of all this. He can get out. She gives him till the end of the weekend to go. If he doesn't she'll start telling everyone what he's REALLY like - "what will Mummy think of him then?" she asks.

He disappears into their bedroom, she decides to calm down by having a warm bath. Without putting much thought into it, he decides his ONLY option is to 'get rid of her'. He goes into the bathroom and strangles her. She puts up a fight, chipping her tooth and submerging several times in the struggle. It's still early in the evening... around 10pm possibly. He moves her to the bedroom in case the girls wake and go to the bathroom, and he dresses her. He wraps her head in a plastic shopping bag as there is a bit of blood and he doesn't want it leaking.

At some point he rings Daddy. Whether it's here or further on I'm undecided. He tells his father that there was an argument, Allison was being unreasonable and pushing him around - he pushed her back, she hit her head and died. Daddy is led to believe it's been a horrible accident but GBC convinces his father that it would be better for the girls if the world believed it was a random stranger than their father who did the deed. NBC agrees and they decide to tell EBC (and possibly Olivia) that ABC has 'taken off' in a depressed state and GBC is frantic about her. EBC says that they can't possibly go off to look for ABC leaving the girls alone in the house so she insists on going over to sit in the house. Tricky for GBC because he now needs to get the body out of the house by himself. He wraps Allison in a blanket and bundles her into the back of her car. A passerby notices all four doors open.

He quickly dumps her body somewhere... anywhere relatively secluded (he knows they'll come back and move it) and heads to a local roundabout to collect EBC and take her to the house. He has convinced his parents it wouldn't be good for their car to be seen at his place and to keep it hidden in the carpark or behind the bus shelter. He goes the long way around because it would be natural instinct for him to stay away from the road where he's just dumped Allison's body.

EBC sits at the house. Possibly one of the girls wakes to go to the toilet and tells the nice policeman the next morning about nanny being over the night before. GBC collects NBC who collects the other BC car as they tell EBC they will go in different directions to look for Allison. Instead they head to where GBC has left her. NBC decides on where they will take her and together they work on a story. She was depressed, she took off in her car.... maybe she suicided or was attacked by a random person. Whichever, they plan to leave her car. Their plan comes unstuck when they see the trail of blood that has dripped down from the plastic. They are going to have to take the car home and wash it.

They return to the house with the excuse that they are too tired to search anymore. GBC perhaps tells EBC that he's had a text from Allison and that she's staying with a friend overnight. He drops EBC and NBC back at the roundabout then heads home to clean up. He suddenly remembers something and calls NBC. He and NBC have buried the blanket somewhere far away from where they've left Allison and the BC house.

He cleans the car, and checks to make sure there aren't any blood stains etc at home. He heads to bed.

In the morning he sends the two texts to Allison, which I believe to be one of his biggest mistakes. He wants to 'show' police her phone (and his) have the 'find my phone app' (because he's cleverly left his phone at home the evening before (he's used to tricking Allison with the Iphone app after all). He has left her phone somewhere away from her body and the blanket. Instead of calling around her friends and parents, instead of calling her instead of texting, instead of putting the girls in the car to go and find her.... he rings police to report her missing. Max Sica made a big mistake in his 000 call, and so did GBC I believe. GBC called too early.

Because this all unfolded so quickly he googles self incrimination and reads about maintaining silence. He calls NBC and tells him it's best if all of them (Olivia included if she was in the Nigelaine house that night) make no comment to police. They know it will be up to police to prove involvement, much easier if they aren't given a statement to disprove first.

When police arrive he spins a yarn of depression. He says he went to bed and didn't know when she went missing. He explains the marks away. Police ask if she was getting treatment for the depression -he can't remember her therapist but googles the name for the police. Police are suspicious (face scratches, previous DV, comment by child, lack of 'looking' before calling them) and open a missing person investigation.

GBC thought he was going to get away with it. He didn't realise a facetime call was traceable. He didn't realise putting the phone on the charger was traceable. Perhaps he told TM something.... but she spills anything she knows to police. Perhaps it's not about the murder but possibly fraud issues.

What really 'cooks his goose' though is Olivia confessing to police that he had gone looking for Allison the night before. She is the weak link in the family that didn't keep quiet. But she didn't think it would really matter because she truly believed her brother's innocence.... after all her father was with him searching... wasn't he??? The bail hearing shattered Olivia's existence - it's just starting to dawn on her what really happened. EBC fully believes the yarn her husband and son have fed her. As GBC feel the police closing in, he makes other plans. It wasn't about the insurance, but if he can get the insurance money he can flee the country and leave everything and everyone behind. He organises fake documents and starts preparing the groundwork. Maybe this is what TM told the police - maybe he was taking her with him. But she fully believes, as does his mother and sister, that he is innocent.

GBC is devastated when charged. He realises that TM and Olivia have 'dropped him in it'. He desperately tries all legal avenues for new ideas. He can't talk to Mummy or Daddy. He is a trapped lion, just like the ones his father used to hunt in Rhodesia.

All so plausible GGY, sure you don't write murder mysteries in your spare time?

:rocker:

JMO MOO

comment meant as a compliment BTW !!

Sending a Big Shout Out to all you WS who have held tight to your beliefs and feelings about this case - my hat goes off to you. The lemon meringue pies are on me! lol

You are IMO an awesome crew of people and I believe in my heart of hearts, that Allison might be a tad embarrassed but also moved, that so many people from Brisbane and beyond continue to think about her, even though most of us never met her. I have given up trying to figure out what it is about this case that grips me.

Some of you have said you feel the same way too and can't figure it out and I guess it doesn't matter as not everyone would spend the time trying to figure things out. IMO

I believe it was Squizzy who mentioned the bathwater.

Btw where are you today Squiz?
yes that was me with batwater, wont live it down, i think taht was my very firest post

You often get red marks crossing your legs too, if she was sitting with legs under the table, legs crossed, that would leave a red mark as well.

Last I'll say on it, rest in peace dear girl.

I'd like to see that house bull-dozed to the ground as soon as it could be done. I am pleased the Dickies were able to take on board a life changing journey like raising their daughters precious children. Their lives are forever affected but they have clearly realized the girls needs must take priority over their lifestyle and have decided it was best to move back to the area. I applaud them. However, the house will be a constant reminder to them and anyone else in the family of what sadness occurred there. Given the location that is not easy at all and it creates a kind of morbid fascination for some which is not helpful for the family who remain in the area. I hope the house is torn down instead of it becoming a memorial shrine or place of interest. Perhaps the most befitting of places for remembrance of such a lovely lady is where she is now at peace away sadly from her girls but never to have to deal with GBC again. Such a tradegy.

What of the real owners of the house, how would they be compensated and for all we know they could well have a mortgage on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah