Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 members 30 guests, this is like sitting in a room full of guests with nobody talking, awkward!

Vibe I do recall from reports of the affidavit that GBC had a cut to his hand which he claimed was caused by changing a lightbulb at an open house, however this claim was refuted by one if his colleagues

So let's just recap-

1. Scratches on his face caused by a 'blunt razor'.
2. Scratches on his body caused by a 'caterpillar incident'.
3. Cut on his hand caused by a 'lightbulb incident'.

What are the chances??. How unlucky can one man be? And all in the same week his wife gets murdered!!!

The media has only reported a small amount of information so just because they havent mentioned blood in the house doesnt mean that there wasnt any. It is probably more relevant that there is blood in the family car than the home as it could be argued that an intruder killed Allison in the house.

The info given at the bail hearing was enough to have his bail denied and that is all it was put forward for. The limited info that is being leaked is for a reason and without knowing all the info it would be impossible to make sense of it. IMO

I'm so glad you said this as it's exactly what I was going to say and what my thoughts have been for some time. The media often does this.

Rational
Reported fact list
Thanks JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational
Posted on 17 May 1.20 pm

A running chronology of what I think we know definitely (ie that can be substantiated by either the police, public statements by friends and or other links)
Please feel free to add subtract or correct.

April 19
-GBC was due to attend Kenmore CC meeting at 7 am. No conformation if he attended.
-around 9 am GBCmade purchase at chemist. Chemist made statement to police
-Cross country race atchildren's school at which both GBCand ABCattended
- ABC goes to hairdresser stating that she has the night off as children are at sleepover 'hairdresser interviewed by police.
- ABC speaks to best friend over phone and says she will drop in on Friday after Pathways conference
-10 pm Argument overheard by neighbours, scream and muffled scream heard, dog barking loudly

April 20
-witness sees two 4wds, one white and smaller blue one , white one with parking lights, bluenose full lights, at around 4am near Anstead 2 km from Kholo Creek Bridge
- 7.30 am GBC reports ABC missing to police
-GBC engages lawyer
- GBC observed with scratches to face and torso

April 21
- police declare crime scene and cars impounded

April 22
- GBCcrashes friend's car

April 23
Police declare GBC a POI along with a number of other people close to the couple

April 24
Heavy rain Greater Brisbane area

April 22- 25
-GBC engages barrister

April 25
- police spent 4 hrs interviewing a woman believed to be a former colleague of GBC. This woman subsequently hires a lawyer
- Police are urging anyone who saw the family cars if ABC and GBC on the night she vanished to come forward

April 26
Police search a house in Durness St Kenmore and executed a search warrant at a business.

April 27
Huge amount of rain in Brookfield and Anstead/Pullenvale catchment

April 30-now
-body of Allison found near Kholo Creek bridge on bank
- police keep asking anyone who saw anything suspicious near roundabout between 11 pm on April 19 and 4.30 am April 20 to contact them.
-Police say Allison knew her killer and possibly had an accomplice.
On 5 May police say that they now know that ABC was murdered before her body was dumped in a creek

Re mobile phone, it was reported that the mobile phone,which disappeared when ABC did, eventually ran flat however, before it did, police were able to triangulate it narrowing the location to Brookfield, Kenmore and Pullenvale.

Thank you to everyone who commented, greaat collective effort, but I will take individual responsibility for any mistakes and will try and correct!'
Last edited by Rational; 05-17-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Include additions from other posters
Just to remind us this was a post pulled together by a number of posters contributing to what was known in thread 10. I thought it may be useful to repost.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:

* #75 * *
06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
CaseClosed
Very helpful post by "Wonder Woman" on 24 June:

POLICE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST GERARD BADEN-CLAY MADE AT HIS BAIL APPLICATION.

3rd April - Gerard Baden-Clay emails mistress to say he will be separated by July 1, 2012.

12th April – Gerard Baden-Clay telephoned the life insurance company that held one of ABC’s two life insurance policies. “He asked for information on the policy but was told it could not be provided because it was not in his name, police alleged”.http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226405967381

17th April – ABC had two life insurance policies, enquiries about the policy were made twice on or about 17th April. Once by ABC – she was aware of said policies. It is thought that they were struggling with the premiums and the call was made to roll them into one or to this effect: refer to Nads' Post 181 of Thread 26 in which Nads shares the information Mrs Muddles has reported from the bail hearing.

18th April - Allison has been writing about her husband's affair http://http://www.couriermail.com.au...-1226405120615

18th April - 10.08pm: Baden-Clay searched "taking the Fifth" online

19th April - Allison has been writing about her husband's affair http://http://www.couriermail.com.au...-1226405120615

19th April - 6.30pm: Allison leaves a Kenmore hairdresser ahead of a real estate conference the following day.

19th April – Baden-Clay children with Allison and Gerard at home: refer to Nads' Post 181 of Thread 26 in which Nads shares the information Mrs Muddles has reported from the bail hearing.

19th April - 8.29pm: Baden-Clay's mobile phone is connected to charger

19th April - 8.45pm: Baden-Clay's phone is removed from the charger

20th April – 12.30am: Baden-Clay used his iPhone to make a FaceTime call of a duration of 1min 23secs to his father Nigel Baden-Clay http://http://www.couriermail.com.au...-1226406384696

20th April - 1.48am: The phone is connected to the charger

20th April - 6.18am: The phone is removed from the charger

20th April - 7.09am: Baden-Clay searches "self-incrimination" on the internet.

20th April - 7.13am: Baden-Clay attempted to access the Queensland Police Service home page.

20th April - 7.15am: Baden-Clay calls 000 to report his wife Allison was missing.

21st April - Baden-Clay attended a doctor to have injuries documented.

22nd April – Afternoon: Gerard Baden-Clay has car accident at the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. http://http://www.couriermail.com.au...-1226361200946

30th April - Mrs Baden-Clay's body was discovered at Kholo Creek at Anstead, 14km from her home

30th April - Mr Baden-Clay notified the insurer of a potential claim, after his wife's body was recovered but before the identity had been confirmed.http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226405994855

14th June - Baden-Clay is charged with his wife's murder.

Unquote

The Following User Says Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:
Makara
[/QUOTE]

Wow that's very interesting.
I thought I'd read everything about the case but there are some things there I didn't know.

Thanks for posting.

Just watched an absolutely fascinating story on Channel 7s Sunday program about a convicted wife murderer just released from prison after serving 25 years in jail. Still proclaiming his innocence incredibly -Kalajzich's situation and personality traits are similar to GBC -quite chilling really- although this fellow had a couple of attempts at murdering his poor wife before the dirty deed was completed by a hired hit man.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/14263953/did-he-do-it/

*** REVISED RUMOUR LIST *** (AS Of JUNE 6, 2012)

Originally Posted by CaseClosed
In order to clarify for some posters:

Here is a list of all the rumours (i.e. not reported by MSM):

- Police were at the family home the night before her disappearance
- Lawyer present when police arrived at family home
- Children were home and said something odd to police
- Victim was on medication for depression
- Victim could not cope at some stage due to depression / needed GBC's help daily
- DV / broken arm / fallen down stairs, etc.
- COD is strangulation / bath water in her lungs
- Body found with missing limbs / chains, etc.
- Fight at a restaurant
- Chains missing from Coles / construction site
- Murder for hire by triads / bikes / loan sharks, etc.
- NBC sitting at bus stop in the middle of the night
- NBC looking frail / could have dementia
- Second or more mistresses
- Pregnant mistress who is no longer pregnant
- Blood found in one of the family cars
- Scratches on GBC's chest / bruises on chest, etc.
- NBC / GBC washing cars Friday morning
- Family home with windows boarded up
- Prado damaged prior to her disappearance
- Evidence of google searches in computers about masking DNA / accessing Life insurance
- Tattooed man with a white van, with long blond hair, wearing gardening gloves seen near Kohlo bridge

THE ABOVE ARE ALL RUMOURS!

EDIT: Last updated June 6, 2012

[/QUOTE]

When I first read about GBC's "lightbulb moment" and that the employee who was with him said it didn't happen, I thought how stupid could he be. But then he allegedly has told so many lies that maybe he is truly having trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality.

I might be wrong but I specifically mentioned something about the light bulb cut thing several weeks ago on here. I said I really doubted it would happen unless it was a very old type of light bulb - not the newer energy saving type as they don't seem to break as easily. Even with an old one it'd have to be a rarity I think. Anyway, I can't remember who responded except the poster said they felt they did break easily (despite me dropping two on tiles without breakage - I had a gumby day lol) and I'm pretty certain that poster said it was in fact corroborated from a fellow worker that he did cut his hand on the bulb (ie. it was witnessed). At least that's my recollection - might be wrong but it'd be back in the threads somewhere. So I'm glad to now hear what I think is the opposite and it didn't happen. Agreed...how stupid!

this snippet from an early daily telegraph article is interesting, maybe allison was a regular or occasional morning walker?
article also shows a happy photo of a plumper gbc and the girls, but sadly also mentions allisons depression, almost as a reason why she hasnt "returned"to her girls.

SHE got up early every morning for a walk but Allison Baden-Clay always made sure she was home by the time her little girls woke.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freuy9-1226341324546

Without fail, she was there to make them breakfast and get them ready for school - except last Friday morning.

For the first time, sisters H 10, S 8, and E 5, woke up without their mum.

Some time after she had tucked them up in bed the night before, Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared

Thanks for these lists guys. I might attempt over the next few days to expand the rumour list and add a few details about whether it was reported by more than one person etc, maybe even categorise them.

But it's good to have the list of facts including info that came out in the bail hearing. We may be able to revivie some discussion.

The newer light bulbs do break a lot more easily if you hold them too firmly, it seems to not take much pressure at all.

I'm so glad you said this as it's exactly what I was going to say and what my thoughts have been for some time. The media often does this.

You would have said it better than me, I just blurt it out lol.

*** REVISED RUMOUR LIST *** (AS Of JUNE 6, 2012)

Originally Posted by CaseClosed
In order to clarify for some posters:

Here is a list of all the rumours (i.e. not reported by MSM):

- Police were at the family home the night before her disappearance
- Lawyer present when police arrived at family home
- Children were home and said something odd to police
- Victim was on medication for depression
- Victim could not cope at some stage due to depression / needed GBC's help daily
- DV / broken arm / fallen down stairs, etc.
- COD is strangulation / bath water in her lungs
- Body found with missing limbs / chains, etc.
- Fight at a restaurant
- Chains missing from Coles / construction site
- Murder for hire by triads / bikes / loan sharks, etc.
- NBC sitting at bus stop in the middle of the night
- NBC looking frail / could have dementia
- Second or more mistresses
- Pregnant mistress who is no longer pregnant
- Blood found in one of the family cars
- Scratches on GBC's chest / bruises on chest, etc.
- NBC / GBC washing cars Friday morning
- Family home with windows boarded up
- Prado damaged prior to her disappearance
- Evidence of google searches in computers about masking DNA / accessing Life insurance
- Tattooed man with a white van, with long blond hair, wearing gardening gloves seen near Kohlo bridge

THE ABOVE ARE ALL RUMOURS!

EDIT: Last updated June 6, 2012

Interesting how some of these have now been reported in MSM- blood in family car, scratches on GBC and googling. Makes you wonder how many more may be facts!

I couldn't log on for a few hours. House is much tidier now

The newer light bulbs do break a lot more easily if you hold them too firmly, it seems to not take much pressure at all.

You're the second person who has said that:) I must have a wussy handshake for a girl because I find them quite sturdy lol. Perhaps if i was stronger they'd break. Anyway, I do recall an electrician telling my elderly mother that there were some cheaper brands on the market that were very fragile, prone to overheating and basically exploding due to their inferiority and inability to cope with the energy saving component. No idea what that actually means beyond there must good and dodgy, fragile ones. I might be lucky not to have broken any it seems even though I dropped them! I'll be a "little bit" more careful I think hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member