Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF, it was me who 'was a little bit hurt' when I broke several of the new light bulbs while replacing. Actually I broke every one I tried to put in. Then I ran out of bulbs. Never broke an old one. Might have something to do with the way I was holding them, but OH confirmed that they break on him also.:moo:

Forgive the off-topic post please: the new energy efficient bulbs can be dangerous when broken as they supposedly contain toxic chemicals/elements like mercury - not like the old type. I did a bit of reading and it was a little scary, and now i take great precautions when they break- not only from dangers of broken glass of course. Imo

Marly
Maybe this has been answered but I remember their being a number of posts that talked about him and Allison both being involved at the school, and if you really want to stretch it there is also FBCs own blog when Allison went away.

Having said on the topic of school lunches I am neither in the make it or have money for tuck shop camp. My daughter when she was about seven complained about the quality of my lunches. I said 'you can make your own from now on' and she did. Never made another lunch box. She must have forgotten that lesson or got used to it and when about 9 complained about the quality of the school uniform ironing. Well another lesson learned..!

Yes I recall the posters comments, which aussie mum also mentioned in her post but I was interested in reading the ""many" media reports"....

BBM

I see a lot of comments about GBCs parenting habits and skills, but is there any proof of these rumours? The only evidence I have seen is positive. He was engaged with the kids school and extra curricular activities according to many reports in media and also posters here.

Thats a better way to put the words....' Cover A Blunder' by a rotton 'Lover'
husband, father and failed businsess man. Not nuch going for him is there...:jail::banghead::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That's what happens with people with FITHS syndrome.:what::floorlaugh:

Forgive the off-topic post please: the new energy efficient bulbs can be dangerous when broken as they supposedly contain toxic chemicals/elements like mercury - not like the old type. I did a bit of reading and it was a little scary, and now i take great precautions when they break- not only from dangers of broken glass of course. Imo

Thanks Brookster
Yes, I knew about the mercury; that's what concerned me the most when the bulbs broke. Actually I didn't get a little bit hurt at all - not from the glass anyway. I don't like these new bulbs because of the mercury, but seems like I have no choice. Where are the Greenies when you need them!

Yes I recall the posters comments, which aussie mum also mentioned in her post but I was interested in reading the ""many" media reports"....

BBM

Aussie Mum - cooee cobber - have you read the blog where the man himself wrote that he is hopeless around the house?? He said so himself. MOO

I will look for the link tomorrow chickadee :)

Thanks Brookster
Yes, I knew about the mercury; that's what concerned me the most when the bulbs broke. Actually I didn't get a little bit hurt at all - not from the glass anyway. I don't like these new bulbs because of the mercury, but seems like I have no choice. Where are the Greenies when you need them!

Greenie here. Bulbs for standard lamps are easier to handle. I favour lamps

My children's father had a year long affair with a woman he eventually married. During this time he continued to do his parenting duties including cooking dinner, getting up through the night, changing nappies, helping with homework, making lunches for school, sharing duties at the hospital and all those things. Having affairs and still performing parenting duties are not mutually exclusive.

Killing your wife, the mother of your children puts someone in a pretty exclusive group I think.

Thanks. I wasn't sure on that one. Kept looking and then found this. http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/30620/GoingToCourt_booklet.pdf page 3. You're right, he doesn't have to speak. However, it is interesting to note that if they call Bwana he will have to answer.

If NBC or any other BC's for that matter are witnesses called by either the prosecution or defence in GBC's trial, pursuant to Section 10 Evidence Act QLD they cannot be compelled to answer any question tending to criminate themselves. This means they can claim privilege against self incrimination.

Good Evening Everyone. After reading the many thousands of posts since the beginning I am very excited to finally be amongst you.

This case is extremely tragic with so many people affected. The six degrees of separation to the parties involved is just crazy. It is amazing the amount of people who have crossed paths with these ordinary Brisbane families involved in some way over the years.

I commenced my Accounting Career with KPMG at the same time as Gerard did. Even though I worked in the Gold Coast office, all our training was together in Brisbane. We had a great group of Grads that year and got to know each other quite well.

Up until recently I have always held Gerard in very high esteem and honestly believed he was one of the "good" ones who would make it in this world. He was a charasmatic "big picture" guy whilst I am a little "worker bee". It would not have surprised me in the slightest if he had ended up in Politics. His life seemed so full of promise.

After conferring with some of my former colleagues, not one had any idea that he never finished his Chartered Accountant qualification like the rest of us. He managed to fool us all.

Our paths crossed again in the late 90's when I joined Flight Centre to have a change from the long hours of Corporate Finance. In hindsight, it was probably Allison who employed me. It was lovely to run into Gerard again and he appeared to be very successful - just as I had always thought he would be. I didn't really know Allison, other than as Gerard's lovely fiance.

I am still struggling to come to terms with the possibility that the man I once knew & held in high esteem many years ago could possibly be capable of doing something so horrible. Power, money, greed & pride are terrible things and truly do corrupt. Keeping "face" becomes more important than being real and just admitting one's struggles. It could have all been so different.

My heart constantly goes out to their precious girls, but thankfully they are now in the loving care of Allison's family.

RIP Allison, may your love continue to shine on your precious girls from heaven.

Welcome Fly on the Wall :fence:
Can you help with our profiling of GBC please. :please:
Someone here a while back posted a copy of a court document that showed GBC as the Applicant and the Flight Centre as the respondant. From memory , he was suing The Flight Centre for damages whilst working for them.
Can you tell us why GBC made this Application and What the outcome was.
Your name is perfect ,as you were a fly on the wall at that time.

Someone here a while back posted a copy of a court document that showed GBC as the Applicant and the Flight Centre as the respondant. From memory , he was suing The Flight Centre for damages whilst working for them.

Good question Auntie...

iPhone purgatory got unbearable. Damn thing was almost flat and I have managed to log in over my landline. overland
:waitasec:

Aussie Mum - cooee cobber - have you read the blog where the man himself wrote that he is hopeless around the house?? He said so himself. MOO

I will look for the link tomorrow chickadee :)

Mr Mum!

27.11.08 The past week I have been trying to do my best impersonation of my dear wife – and struggling! Allison turned the big “four-o” earlier this year and to mark the occasion she and her best friend have taken a week off at the Golden Door health spa. Whilst she has been enjoying the rest and quietude, I have been trying to manage the house and transport my three girls to all of their activities – and I am knackered! It’s a bit of a cliché that most men have no idea how hard it is to run a household, and I thought that I was pretty in tune with the day-to-day routine, but I can honestly say that this week has given me a real insight into the challenges of managing a family. Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner, homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn’t include any extracurricular activities like ballet, swimming and music! And, I haven’t done any vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing! In amongst all of this “domestic duty”, I’ve also been trying to squeeze in some work and assistance with running this business

The startling revelation personally, has been the realisation that I am NOT superman after all!

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/mr-mum.html
-------------------------------

That would have to be round about the time he took up with TM I'd think..

If NBC or any other BC's for that matter are witnesses called by either the prosecution or defence in GBC's trial, pursuant to Section 10 Evidence Act QLD they cannot be compelled to answer any question tending to criminate themselves. This means they can claim privilege against self incrimination.

Are you sure? http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/lega.../Pages/Beingorderedtogotocourtasawitness.aspx

This reads as follows.

Do I have to go to court and answer questions if I get a subpoena?
You may. Read what the subpoena says. The subpoena might say you have to go to court to give evidence or it might say you have to take documents to court.

That makes me think that if Bwana receives a subpoena to give evidence he will be forced to answer. Or isn't that true? I'd love to know.

I found it myself :woohoo: here is the LINK :fence:

http://apps.courts.qld.gov.au/esear...Location=BRISB&Court=DISTR&Filenumber=5135/00

Mr Mum!

27.11.08 The past week I have been trying to do my best impersonation of my dear wife – and struggling! Allison turned the big “four-o” earlier this year and to mark the occasion she and her best friend have taken a week off at the Golden Door health spa. Whilst she has been enjoying the rest and quietude, I have been trying to manage the house and transport my three girls to all of their activities – and I am knackered! It’s a bit of a cliché that most men have no idea how hard it is to run a household, and I thought that I was pretty in tune with the day-to-day routine, but I can honestly say that this week has given me a real insight into the challenges of managing a family. Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner, homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn’t include any extracurricular activities like ballet, swimming and music! And, I haven’t done any vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing! In amongst all of this “domestic duty”, I’ve also been trying to squeeze in some work and assistance with running this business

The startling revelation personally, has been the realisation that I am NOT superman after all!

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/mr-mum.html
-------------------------------

That would have to be round about the time he took up with TM I'd think..

Makes you sick doesn't it? What a frickin hero. He probably shagged the mistress when he was supposed to be dusting.

Makes you sick doesn't it? What a frickin hero. He probably shagged the mistress when he was supposed to be dusting.

Then there's also this one...

The father lode

Not so long ago a father was a success if he could put a roof over his family’s head. Now it takes a roof, deck, home theatre, teen retreat and pool. And that’s just the holiday house. These aren’t easy times to be a father, let alone a “good father”. Just as the world seems to be spinning faster than ever before, requiring us to work harder and for longer, not always fully comprehending why or what for, fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner. To not only lead but to inspire, comfort and understand

As fathers – I have three little girls, all being expertly groomed to look after me in my dotage! – we are all trying to do our best… and sometimes that’s even enough. I am fortunate to have a wonderful father whose ideals and practices I could do no better than to emulate. He strikes a nice balance between work and family, always with the understanding that when the see-saw comes to rest, it comes down on the family side

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/09/father-lode.html

Then there's also this one...

The father lode

Not so long ago a father was a success if he could put a roof over his family’s head. Now it takes a roof, deck, home theatre, teen retreat and pool. And that’s just the holiday house. These aren’t easy times to be a father, let alone a “good father”. Just as the world seems to be spinning faster than ever before, requiring us to work harder and for longer, not always fully comprehending why or what for, fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner. To not only lead but to inspire, comfort and understand

As fathers – I have three little girls, all being expertly groomed to look after me in my dotage! – we are all trying to do our best… and sometimes that’s even enough. I am fortunate to have a wonderful father whose ideals and practices I could do no better than to emulate. He strikes a nice balance between work and family, always with the understanding that when the see-saw comes to rest, it comes down on the family side

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/09/father-lode.html

Oh stop it. Look after you in your dotage. <modsnip>.

I'm getting offline now before I say something that gets me an enforced holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100