Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

I do remember the lights off detail, but not the no plates... Of the report of the two cars on Mt Crosby road, that is.
You're probably right, I feel like I've read the same quotes so many times that it's quite possible they are getting muddled in my head! Haha

I agree about never having stepped into the BC house or met them. Have you?

I wonder how you know this is 'flawed information with personalisation'?
These days his false sounding texts on that morning about making lunches are very real and you are confusing me.

:floorlaugh:

Thanks for this Marly. I don't recall reading it before.

I find the following snippet from the article very interesting. I would also reckon on evidence from the scene being found at the premises. I wonder if forensics have checked drains and water pipes in the house. If GBC allegedly dumped Allison's body, he would probably have had a shower to remove mud, flora etc. I'm not too impressed with the last part of the quote though. "- will be assessed pretty much". It shouldn't be "pretty much", it should be entirely.

BBM and IMO.

Apologies if this has already been posted. I'm a bit behind in reading up on posts. But, I have been thinking this as well, thanks Makara. Now, when the Police when to his house the morning he reported Allison missing, would they be allowed to check inside the house, i.e. mud on shoes, the clothes he was wearing, mud on tyres of the car and under the rims of the tyres etc. Would they have been able to take samples then and there? If they were able to take samples of mud for instance. I think they would have been able to, or can they only do it once he is a POI, because by then he would have ditched a lot of things and washed lots down the drain? :waitasec:

Interesting.

I do remember the lights off detail, but not the no plates... Of the report of the two cars on Mt Crosby road, that is.

Looking at that pic, the century 21 logo on the back of the Prado seems to rather permanent looking to me. It is on the glass so not a magnet. If you went to the trouble of taking the plates of the car, surely no-one would be silly enough to drive it thinking no one could identify it. Does anyone know how this century 21 logo is on the car?

Thanks Doc. Yes I agree, the easiest and most logical thing to do would be to use a tarp etc. The reason I mentioned this is that there was a post a while back saying that the seats of the Captiva had been removed. This was posted by someone apparently 'in the know' and therefore classed as rumour. When questioned by another poster, the original poster said something like "oops, wrong case" and their post referring to the Captiva was deleted.

Ironically it seems there are two cases involving a Holden Captiva.:waitasec:

MOO.

All lights out here..for some reason...Hope I don't cut myself changing light bulbs....Just heard a big boomb....and all lights out..other power is on...:jail:lucky have a lap top so can see ....Just a little bit hurt....but am OK..

Looking at that pic, the century 21 logo on the back of the Prado seems to rather permanent looking to me. It is on the glass so not a magnet. If you went to the trouble of taking the plates of the car, surely no-one would be silly enough to drive it thinking no one could identify it. Does anyone know how this century 21 logo is on the car?

I think the sticker thing was discussed several threads back and I seem to remember it was decided this is a sticker that can be removed but then not stuck back on again. ?

I think the sticker thing was discussed several threads back and I seem to remember it was decided this is a sticker that can be removed but then not stuck back on again. ?

I am only saying what i was told....believe it or not....I thought it would be difficult to stick back on....'Century 21' stuff...:jail:

I'm thinking the Prado wasn't used at all. :fence:
It had SETTLED Plates, a huge ding in Front , Century 21 Signage on the glass and lastly and most importantly,the police didn't keep it as evidence.
Im thinking the car with the plates removed was the second vehicle sighted .
So who was driving it? Who owns that car? :banghead:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24932&d=1343167837

I am only saying what i was told....believe it or not....I thought it would be difficult to stick back on....'Century 21' stuff...:jail:

NBC has the Prado now and it doesnt have the stockers on it. I think there is a pic of NBC next to the Car when he want to vist GBC at Wacol. I also think Indromum said the stickers were on the back of the Prado when she spotted GBC at Kenmore

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rectional-centre/story-e6freoof-1226419399042

I'm thinking the Prado wasn't used at all. :fence:
It had SETTLED Plates, a huge ding in Front , Century 21 Signage on the glass and lastly and most importantly,the police didn't keep it as evidence.
Im thinking the car with the plates removed was the second vehicle sighted .
So who was driving it? Who owns that car? :banghead:

You make some good points about why a SMART rational person would not use the prado, but we are dealing with someone who was perhaps less than smart and in a panic.

I remember reading the second car had only parkers on and was travelling so close the plates were hidden

The report on the cars seen at Anstead....yep only mentions parkers....there's no mention in media of missing number plates.

Wed May 16 2012

A witness has told police they saw two four-wheel-drives near where Allison Baden-Clay's body was found, on the same morning that her husband reported her missing.

The witness allegedly saw a white four-wheel-drive that had its headlights switched off, and only parking lights on, that was closely tailing a small blue four-wheel-drive near Kholo Creek crossing in west Brisbane, at around 4am (AEDT) on April 20, the Courier Mail reports.

The cars were allegedly spotted at Anstead, within 2km of where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found 10 days later

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8468149/witness-comes-forward-in-baden-clay-case

The childcare centre next to ex BC house is for preschool aged children, so I doubt it runs children to the local school. I've never noticed it.

Ah, ok - well some child care centres take the kids over to the actual prep school and bring them back in the afternoon but if that childcare is a prep then they would not need to do that.
The reason I asked TBDDI, was to establish if there were children from the same locale (they are right next to the BC house) heading across that road.

Thanks for explaining that the children were driven such a wee distance. I take your point though, that the road is busy and yes, that rise would make things dangerous when trying to cross the road.

The Prado definitely had the advertising in photo released by police.

View attachment 24953

Looking at this photo again, I can't see the number plate on the back of the Prado. Removed by police for the photo? But wouldn't they just black out the photo?

On the other hand, would GBC be that ... forgetful and not remember to replace the plates before police arrived?

I remember reading the second car had only parkers on and was travelling so close the plates were hidden

There is a lot of speculation on here with no links whatsoever. Most of this stuff guys has been gone over before and links have been provided by the poster.
If you want to find them, you just have to do a search with some keywords. IMO

TGY - I don't ever remember reading that the cars were so close the plates were hidden and anyway what you are saying doesn't make sense.

The only plates that would be hidden would be one from each car; with the lead cars' front plate visible and the car following's back plates visible. MOO

So what exactly are you saying and do you have a link?

The report on the cars seen at Anstead....yep only mentions parkers....there's no mention in media of missing number plates.

Wed May 16 2012

A witness has told police they saw two four-wheel-drives near where Allison Baden-Clay's body was found, on the same morning that her husband reported her missing.

The witness allegedly saw a white four-wheel-drive that had its headlights switched off, and only parking lights on, that was closely tailing a small blue four-wheel-drive near Kholo Creek crossing in west Brisbane, at around 4am (AEDT) on April 20, the Courier Mail reports.

The cars were allegedly spotted at Anstead, within 2km of where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found 10 days later

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8468149/witness-comes-forward-in-baden-clay-case

Marly, it doesn't say that the plates weren't visible though hey?

What interests me is whether CCTV cameras operating at the roundabout registered anything looking like two 4WDs. At least to confirm that there indeed were the two cars at 4am.

Looking at this photo again, I can't see the number plate on the back of the Prado. Removed by police for the photo? But wouldn't they just black out the photo?

On the other hand, would GBC be that ... forgetful and not remember to replace the plates before police arrived?

I am posting a photo of a 2010-2011 Prado that shows where the rear number plate is situated. I think the angle of the BC Prado posted obscures the rear plate.

Attachments

• cp5486548995141359548.jpg
    cp5486548995141359548.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 139

I think it's just the angle the photo was taken from...in this photo the rear plate is clearly visible...

383821-nigel-baden-clay.jpg

What interests me is whether CCTV cameras operating at the roundabout registered anything looking like two 4WDs. At least to confirm that there indeed were the two cars at 4am.

That's the thing isn't it grannie...we don't know for certain two 4WDs were involved...there's the reports of sightings of two cars at Anstead but we don't know if they were even involved in the case or not.

I am posting a photo of a 2010-2011 Prado that shows where the rear number plate is situated. I think the angle of the BC Prado posted obscures the rear plate.

Thanks, KGI and Marly. I see what I was missing LOL - the rear plate is on the left side, hidden behind the tyre, from this angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag