Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of rental property managers don't overly care about the presentation of the property. In Brisbane the rental vacancy rate is very low so there is competition for rentals.

I have a unit in another city and when our tenant left our agent advertised for a new tenant and didn't get any applications. After about 6 weeks we went to check it out and I was really embarrassed that the the agent had been showing people through as it was grubby. 3 family members including me spent 5 hours scrubbing it and it was rented a week later. The agent just didn't see or care about the dirty windows, blinds etc. Presentation does make a difference.

In view of the possible difficulty of re renting the BC house, one would think that all efforts would be made by the owner to present it as sparkling clean as possible.

Having said all that, I am sure that Allison would have made it a lovely happy home for her family as best she could.

From looking at real estate.com, other than a 1 bedroom cottage, it is the cheapest house to currently rent in Brookfield.

I have landlords insurance for our units with Terri Scheer. Our rent is always covered.

https://terrischeer.com.au/campaign...cmpid=TER:GI:PI:NPS:SEM:20111024:501&2473PSEM

Should the owner of GBC's rental property have this insurance he would have been covered for rental.

I have also given a copy of the Tennancy Agreements as well.

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Resources...-tenancies/General-tenancy-agreement-Form-18a

I think a lot of rental property managers don't overly care about the presentation of the property. In Brisbane the rental vacancy rate is very low so there is competition for rentals.

I have a unit in another city and when our tenant left our agent advertised for a new tenant and didn't get any applications. After about 6 weeks we went to check it out and I was really embarrassed that the the agent had been showing people through as it was grubby. 3 family members including me spent 5 hours scrubbing it and it was rented a week later. The agent just didn't see or care about the dirty windows, blinds etc. Presentation does make a difference.

In view of the possible difficulty of re renting the BC house, one would think that all efforts would be made by the owner to present it as sparkling clean as possible.

Having said all that, I am sure that Allison would have made it a lovely happy home for her family as best she could.

From looking at real estate.com, other than a 1 bedroom cottage, it is the cheapest house to currently rent in Brookfield.

I am in Melbourne and almost 3 years ago I was looking for a rental property for my youngest daughter. After looking at many houses and units at exhorbitant prices and sub standard presentation and facilities, I decided the money would be better spent on purchasing a property. (Rental properties were and still are very difficult to get here and it was/is an owner's market - charging what they like). My daughter is very happy with the property, which she shares with a house mate, pays me market rent and I negatively gear the property. I was able to use my own fully paid house as security. In this arrangement, she is not subject to losing her home if the owner sells, has any maintenance attended to promptly and I know the property is looked after. It was a good solution to the accommodation problem, apart from the mortgage.

However, one night last year, she arrived on my doorstep in tears and hysterics, after unsuccessfully trying to phone me. She asked me why I was selling the house and not telling her. When she calmed down, I was able to ascertain that she had come home from work in darkness, and found a large agent's 'For Sale' sign erected and attached to the front fence. Unable to contact the agent that night, they got a blast from me in the morning. They blamed the contractor, but it turned out that the agent's were at fault and had erected the sign in the wrong street. I was shocked that my daughter would even think that I would do such a thing as sell and not tell her, but in her shock, she was unable to consider any other explanation. We can laugh now, but not then.

I agree that presentation does make a difference. I this case it is very poor.

Hi No 1 LD, welcome to the forum. I believe we have established that the missing hand rumour is untrue. There was only some blood smears in the captiva, not a lot of blood but a lot of cleaning fluid around the smears. Also it appears the girls were home that night. We don't know what they heard or saw. Nothing we hope for their sakes.

QUOTE=No1 Ladies Detective;8250662]On a different topic, I wanted to check this out since I have rarely looked on this forum, did the issue of the missing hand(s) get confirmed? *I have heard it from two completely different local sources- one via a solicitor and one via an ambo on the scene reportedly. *The legal thought it was to hide DNA evidence after Allison scratched Gerard. *I know this is horrible to think about, but if it is true it will all come out in the trial. *It would of course explain all the blood found in the Prado, but that would mean it was done prior to moving the body, right? *So most likely at home or outside the home, in the garden? *It does look private at the house, especially with the child care next door being vacant at night. *

The other thing I was wondering about was the fact the kids must have been home since Gerard was sending those rediculous texts early in the morning saying they were waking up, etc. *Yet the neighbours heard arguing and screaming. *The arguing and screaming made me think it was impulsive and anger driven, though it does look premeditated at least in fantasy land (since he rang the life insurance co before she went missing and had all the money problems with no other way out). *If it all blew up on that night with the arguing, then wouldn't the girls have heard, or at least there was a high risk they would hear- unless he drugged them? *If he drugged them before bedtime, then it was completely premeditated and he would be stupid to allow an argument to start and would have done many things much better- blood in the car for one. *It makes me think it was a rage and he was damn lucky the girls didn't wake up (heavy sleepers?) and he was desperate and scrambling after the fact which is why he made mistakes- despite having fantasized about doing it before hand. *But did his mum come" babysit" or did he leave the girls home alone? *When he contacted his dad, did his dad expect this call would come (if not that night then some other planned night)? *And not to be horrible, but I imagine his dad doing the hand removal since he was a hunter in Africa by all accounts with the skulls at his house, so would be desensitized to such things, at least with animals.
[/QUOTE]

HeyNo1 and Alioop,What if her hand or hands were removed ,away from the house?When I looked into interfering with a corpse,it stated,one disturbs a grave ,or has sex with a dead corpse or ...remove body parts,Hate too think there is any truth in that,but it will all come out later...

The houses we have lived in and sold have looked extremely sad when the furniture was taken out. The carpet and walls can look awful, but when you are in them with furniture they look fine. My son does photography work for rental agencies and he hates to photograph places unfurnished as he says they always look like that unless they are brand new.

Two months ago ,I packed up and sold, my rather large home having lived there for 12 yrs.I took photos the day the removalist left ,and must admit ,it looked horrid.Furniture,paintings,pot plants can makes a huge difference.
My house was sold while I was still living there.
I tend to agree with your son.

Hi Ellou, I think anything is possible but all we know of the prosecution's case at this stage is that they allege GBC killed Allison in or about their home and then he moved her body in the captiva to Kholo Creek. The interference with the corpse charge could just relate to the moving of her body.

HeyNo1 and Alioop,What if her hand or hands were removed ,away from the house?When I looked into interfering with a corpse,it stated,one disturbs a grave ,or has sex with a dead corpse or ...remove body parts,Hate too think there is any truth in that,but it will all come out later...[/QUOTE]

I agree that presentation does make a difference. I this case it is very poor.

Possibly the photographer & agents are 'spooked' & can't wait to get outta there. As an owner I would have presented it better & with so many hits looking at this house I hope they are seen for what they are or is the demand for rentals so high they don't need to give a poop .iMOO

Ok so the rumours are coming out again. I would never negate anybody's sources, and I can only repeat mine. I have been told by the media that hands were intact (sighted) except for damage done by water creatures. There is, apparently, a little bit of truth to the chain story and that will come out in the hearing, if what I'm told is fact. And the story that it wasn't a happy household seems to ring true, if what I'm told is right. IMO.

Ok so the rumours are coming out again. I would never negate anybody's sources, and I can only repeat mine. I have been told by the media that hands were intact (sighted) except for damage done by water creatures. There is, apparently, a little bit of truth to the chain story and that will come out in the hearing, if what I'm told is fact. And the story that it wasn't a happy household seems to ring true, if what I'm told is right. IMO.

The chains? Were they used to anchor Allison somewhere? Is that what may have been seen at the roundabout?

As for not a happy household how could it be if he's off with another woman and not really hiding it apparently

The chains? Were they used to anchor Allison somewhere? Is that what may have been seen at the roundabout?

As for not a happy household how could it be if he's off with another woman and not really hiding it apparently

My interpretation of what AAAA said would be that perhaps Allison was weighted down in some way. And that Allison may have had evidence of previous domestic violence?

My interpretation of what AAAA said would be that perhaps Allison was weighted down in some way. And that Allison may have had evidence of previous domestic violence?

Not sure about how chains may or may not have been used, just that they were taken. And I believe that it is the reason for the interest at Kenmore Village. IMO

The domestic violence is a rumour only isn't it? It hasn't been reported in MSM as such has it?

My current thinking that is the night before a conference with your hair done you would be trying on clothes in the walk in wardrobe and bedroom. You would probably have picked up dry cleaning which is covered in those plastic bags that are unsafe for children. No doubt at least the C21 suits were dry cleaned as it is tax deductible. GBC had a workware employment history so would absolutely have taken advantage of that perk.

Not sure about how chains may or may not have been used, just that they were taken. And I believe that it is the reason for the interest at Kenmore Village. IMO

While I can see your point, it still strikes me as a really strange thing to do, especially in the heat of the moment. Where would they get the chains from anyway - aren't the Coles trolleys all locked up inside overnight? Woolies at the Plaza has them just outside the store - easier to get at.

But how would they get the chains off the trolleys anyway, if that is the type of chain the rumours are about? Were they carrying a bolt cutter?

It just seems REALLY odd even to think about going up there just to get a chain - there are chains at the showgrounds, I think, as well as other places.

And why chain, anyway? What's wrong with good old rope? And a Besser block or two?

And with that degree of pre-planning - to take a bolt cutter to get some chain, for example (rumour only, of course) - how does that tie in with the theory that the body was supposed to be found, for insurance purposes?

None of it makes much sense at the moment, and it is very difficult to sort rumour from fact. Really, we actually have very few facts. I'm trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities, as facts emerge.

Perhaps the interference with a corpse at Kholo Creek charge could also be related to the use of chains in relation to disposing of the body. I have been wondering for some time that if the interference was just the moving of the body to Kholo Creek, then the QPS could have worded the charge something like "interference with a corpse by moving the body to Kholo Creek" . But they have left it open to possibly include something else happening AT Kholo Creek.

I would think that if you were using chains somehow that they wouldn't be involved until the body was placed somewhere. So chains in the car obtained maybe from Kenmore Village, then taken with the body or separately by someone else perhaps, to Kholo Creek. Remember the QPS searched NBC'S shed. Maybe a connection there.

I'm with drwatson on the chains. That sounds like too much drama just to weigh a body down. Bad enough having murdered someone and having to find a spot to dispose of the body, let alone adding the trouble of stealing a chain. If they had a chain at home maybe they might take it in one of the cars just incase a vehicle got stuck near rivers edge.
It is rather difficult trying to figure out how and why things were done that night because I have never murdered anyone and therefore don't know how ones mind reacts and I don't ever want that first hand experience. As previously mentioned, we are all thinking with clear, calm minds and snippets of info. Goodness knows how those involved in this whole disgusting drama think.

I have landlords insurance for our units with Terri Scheer. Our rent is always covered.

https://terrischeer.com.au/campaign...cmpid=TER:GI:PI:NPS:SEM:20111024:501&2473PSEM

Should the owner of GBC's rental property have this insurance he would have been covered for rental.

I have also given a copy of the Tennancy Agreements as well.

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Resources...-tenancies/General-tenancy-agreement-Form-18a

Keentoknow with the landlords insurance are there different time frames available for the rent to be covered e.g. Higher premium rate for more weeks or is it just a flat rate for a set time and is there an option for something terrible happening in the house and you can't seem to find new tenants?

My current thinking that is the night before a conference with your hair done you would be trying on clothes in the walk in wardrobe and bedroom. You would probably have picked up dry cleaning which is covered in those plastic bags that are unsafe for children. No doubt at least the C21 suits were dry cleaned as it is tax deductible. GBC had a workware employment history so would absolutely have taken advantage of that perk.

That's a really good point about the plastic dry cleaner bags
And I agree Allison would have been looking for something to look her best in especially if she thought TM would be there- I think Allison had been told the affair was over and she would be wanting to show TM that she was still gorgeous. Though what anyone ever saw in him is beyond me:banghead:

I'm with drwatson on the chains. That sounds like too much drama just to weigh a body down. Bad enough having murdered someone and having to find a spot to dispose of the body, let alone adding the trouble of stealing a chain. If they had a chain at home maybe they might take it in one of the cars just incase a vehicle got stuck near rivers edge.
It is rather difficult trying to figure out how and why things were done that night because I have never murdered anyone and therefore don't know how ones mind reacts and I don't ever want that first hand experience. As previously mentioned, we are all thinking with clear, calm minds and snippets of info. Goodness knows how those involved in this whole disgusting drama think.

We know that there was a cold calculating mind at work before April 19, 2012 when it came to enquiring re life insurance monies. Why should it have been any different on that fatal night. IMO I doubt very much that we are dealing with a crime of passion. The timing may not have been of the killer's choosing, however much of the aftermath would have been considered by a very cold, calculating mind or possibly even a pair of cold calculating minds.

I might add though that these minds may not have been of the highest intellect - despite their 'instructing' us otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo