Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If convicted he could end up at Wolston Correction Centre at Richlands Brisbane which according to wikipedia is used for protection prisoners including high profile prisoners.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolston_Correctional_Centre"]Wolston Correctional Centre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Its just up the road from where he is now.

Edit. Brisbane Correctional Centre at Wacol is where newly sentenced male prisoners are inducted into the correctional system, have their risks and needs assessed and have an offender management plan formulated to cover the duration of their sentence. They are then transferred to an appropriate prison.

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.gov.au/About_Us/The_Department/key_initiatives/bcc/index.shtml

This is written by Real Estate Guru Neil Jenman

Meanwhile Queensland's Fair Trading Minister recently said: "If a buyer specifically asks an agent about the previous history of a property, the agent is required to answer that question to the best of their knowledge."

This lame approach to real estate consumer protection is typical in Australian states.

For instance, in Queensland, an agent must take "reasonable steps" to ascertain "the facts material to the sale". But if an agent knows or finds out that a murder or worse has occurred in a house, there is no legal obligation to tell buyers unless they ask.

Legally, agents must encourage sellers to disclose "all relevant facts about the property" to, wait for it, the agent!

That's right. Full disclosure, mate, but not to buyers. Only to your Queensland cowboy agent!

Until Australian laws mandate full seller disclosure, even the most ethical agents must, subject to statutory obligations, reveal only what their seller clients authorise.

Agents who would otherwise dare to tell the whole truth about a home, whether this includes past floods, murders or illegal structures, might wind up with no sale, frightened-away buyers and very annoyed sellers.
Bayside, for a start Neil Jenman is a selfappointed real estate guru who is in fact NOT even a licensed real estate agent. unless he has taken out a licence in the last couple of years. He was a a big rip off in Sydney many years ago and now has appointed himself the real estate advocate for sellers and buyers.
anyway as a licenced real estate agent and auctioneer i can tell you that IF we know something about a death or suicide or murder in a house either a rental or sale we MUST disclose it to a buyer or a tenant whether we are asked or not. many dont and dont get caught but that is not the point.
if i know a property had water from the floods even a couple of feet onto the property i must disclose. many agents get around this by NOT asking the sellers anything and pleading dumb. Does that make sense

Bayside, for a start Neil Jenman is a selfappointed real estate guru who is in fact NOT even a licensed real estate agent. unless he has taken out a licence in the last couple of years. He was a a big rip off in Sydney many years ago and now has appointed himself the real estate advocate for sellers and buyers.
anyway as a licenced real estate agent and auctioneer i can tell you that IF we know something about a death or suicide or murder in a house either a rental or sale we MUST disclose it to a buyer or a tenant whether we are asked or not. many dont and dont get caught but that is not the point.
if i know a property had water from the floods even a couple of feet onto the property i must disclose. many agents get around this by NOT asking the sellers anything and pleading dumb. Does that make sense
it goes like this, seller must disclose to agent but wont necessarily if not asked , therefore Cowboy agent doesnt ask
agent must disclose to buyer what he has been told
private sale :seller no obligation to disclose unless specifically asked a specific question like where did the floodwaters come to.
there was acase a couple of weeks ago near toowoomba where a buyer asked if the water went into the house. agent and owner said no. the whole place was inundated including babrbeque area and buyers got out of the contract on misleading info. Info suplied by a non cowboy agent [me]

Mr "Don't sign anything until you speak to me" Jenman.
I feel that it is better to disclose any knowledge because many purchasers will continue with a purchase knowing the problem and it isn't such a shock when the reports come in.
Honesty = good nights sleep HOW ARE YOU SLEEPING GERARD ???

I agree Linette I thought for the first time in a long time the last few days brought some new info and great discussion. Ah well we will just have to wait.
The White Toyota Prado owned by the Baden-Clays. Picture: file Source: Supplied
A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.
The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later. Police said Mrs Baden-Clay was reported missing by her husband Gerard at 7.30am on Friday after she failed to return from her usual morning walk.

WE HAVE WITNESSES NOW IT'S GOING TO BE INTERESTING I WONDER IF THEY CAN ASSURE THE PRADO WAS SIGNWRITTEN:woohoo::rocker:

There must have been something on or around Allison's body for the police to know immediately she was murderered. Something that was her's, a scarf or something from the house. The police know more than we do.

The police do indeed know more than us and probably more than we will ever know. But Brookfield is a very small community - I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the force knew a few things about GBC and spoke up .... maybe that he was seeing TM and this relationship was still current. Or maybe the police had a prior history of visiting the house...(This is all my speculation!!!!)

But I don't think you would have had to be Einstein that morning to figure that things were not as straightforward and going the way GBC wanted things to pan out. While he had had mornings without Allison before as we know from his blogs this was not a typical morning without Allison. While I doubt he planned the crime of killing his wife - he was completely novice at covering his tracks when it came to the murder.

One thing about the truth - it is solid and identifiable. People don't embellish or digress. You can tell it forwards and backwards and from any point in the story. So when GBC changed his story 3 times telling 3 people completely different versions of how Allison was missing you can bet this was something that gave the police reason to suspsect him.

He sent texts to Allison but didn't call. (GBC wasn't going to give a statement to the police and cut ties with them,till he engaged Mahony.)

After GBC the police would have spoken to Allisons parents to find out if she had contacted them and requested any info that GBC had contacted them with- after this - I reckon GBC would have been in quicksand up to his neck - it was just a matter of time before he went under.

The White Toyota Prado owned by the Baden-Clays. Picture: file Source: Supplied
A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.
The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later. Police said Mrs Baden-Clay was reported missing by her husband Gerard at 7.30am on Friday after she failed to return from her usual morning walk.

WE HAVE WITNESSES NOW IT'S GOING TO BE INTERESTING I WONDER IF THEY CAN ASSURE THE PRADO WAS SIGNWRITTEN:woohoo::rocker:

Yes, or if they noted the big ding on the front passenger side - I can't recall, would the ding have rendered the front passenger light unworkable (I'm sure this was discussed ad nauseum at the time)?

Just popping back in to see how things are going - great posts in the last few days.

There was some discussion a few pages back about the possibility of GBC pleading guilty. I would be surprised if he does this, even if the evidence is strong against him. Doesn't Qld have a mandatory life sentence for murder in Queensland? And I doubt the police would be willing to accept a manslaughter plea at this stage, even if he was to give up an accomplice. I think he'd rather take his chances at trial.

And I don't think the police would do a deal with GBC for giving up someone else i.e. an accomplice. I think they are after him - anyone else would be a bonus. IMO.

I've searched everywhere for the photo of the two cars on the round-about and wondering if they were the actual cctv clip of the vehicles or similar vehicles used for the police investigations. Does anyone remember or saved this pic of the two cars tailing really close to each other. Was the Prado sign written in this pic? Just can't find it

I've searched everywhere for the photo of the two cars on the round-about and wondering if they were the actual cctv clip of the vehicles or similar vehicles used for the police investigations. Does anyone remember or saved this pic of the two cars tailing really close to each other. Was the Prado sign written in this pic? Just can't find it

I don't there ever was such a picture.

IMOO if those are new ads, the sunflower reference has got to be either an incredibly insensitive oversight or a sick attempt to repair the battering the company's image has taken by using a direct positive association.

Maybe they simply severely underestimated how deep and wide (yes, even in beautiful SA! Go The Crows!!!) the perception of the company's association with this goes; the public perception of a broader corporate culture of complete disregard for ethical and moral behaviour - sex with staff? Using client properties for extra-marital liaisons? Yuck. Sleazy, seedy behaviour representative of and simply perpetuating the apparently well-founded poor reputation of the industry. And of course despite their head's previous seeming 'support' - the company appears to have gone to ground - a classic error in corporate image management where convention says the best approach to a potential image disaster is to be fast and up-front in dealing with the issue. D'oh.
Pity the other poor franchisees and honourable people in the company and the broader industry who actually do care, have morals and ethics, and work in their clients' interests at all times rather than their own.

Quite aside from The Accused's apparent complete stupidity, despicable behaviour and cold, cruel selfishness...

I'm in the media industry; IMOO considered independently of the link to Allison's MURDER, I thought the ads were an interesting departure from the norm of real estate television advertising. I will find out whether the sunflower reference is a new inclusion in their advertising creative.

Even if only for my own peace of mind so I can know whether they are in fact just stupid and insensitive, or cold and calculating.

Rant over. I feel better now, thank you for your patience. :banghead:

Following up 21/8: and the verdict is: Stupid & Insensitive. South Aussie was spot on, the creative of the australian commercials is direct copy of the originals from the US including the sunflower seeds reference.

There haven't been any real cctv pictures released to the public or MSM of any goings on at the roundabout. You may be thinking of a poster who did a screen capture of the police doing some experiments with cars on the roundabout as they watched the live camera stills . I can't remember who that was but i recall they spent hours watching most of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan