Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There haven't been any real cctv pictures released to the public or MSM of any goings on at the roundabout. You may be thinking of a poster who did a screen capture of the police doing some experiments with cars on the roundabout as they watched the live camera stills . I can't remember who that was but i recall they spent hours watching most of the night.

OK thanks Alioop that must have been the pic of two cars on the round-about, one white 4x4 following a darker smaller one closely.:maddening:

I've searched everywhere for the photo of the two cars on the round-about and wondering if they were the actual cctv clip of the vehicles or similar vehicles used for the police investigations. Does anyone remember or saved this pic of the two cars tailing really close to each other. Was the Prado sign written in this pic? Just can't find it

There is no picture released to the public of any of the cars on the round-a-bout. (that I know of anyway)
There was a screen capture that someone from here took one night and it created mass hysteria as some people believed it was from the night and the car which is how we ended up with the trailer theory/rumour.

OK thanks Alioop that must have been the pic of two cars on the round-about, one white 4x4 following a darker smaller one closely.:maddening:

I think you may be confusing two things. There were allegedly some "goings on" of some type at the roundabout (about which we have no idea). And then there were the two cars seen out near Anstead, one following the other closely, with only its parking lights on. One was a white one, possibly a Prado, and the other one being followed was a smaller, dark blue 4WD.

Was that what you were thinking of?

It was a witness report, not a photo, as far as I know

WE HAVE WITNESSES NOW IT'S GOING TO BE INTERESTING I WONDER IF THEY CAN ASSURE THE PRADO WAS SIGNWRITTEN:woohoo::rocker:

I am assuming this is the same witness from a few months back?

16 May
http://www.news.com.au/national-old...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019

From this info, and the fact the prado was returned so quickly, I think we made an assumption that the captiva was the darker car of interest.
Also from memory, didn't the police say the Captiva was the one they were more interested in when the potential blood stain info came out?

I think you may be confusing two things. There were allegedly some "goings on" of some type at the roundabout (about which we have no idea). And then there were the two cars seen out near Anstead, one following the other closely, with only its parking lights on. One was a white one, possibly a Prado, and the other one being followed was a smaller, dark blue 4WD.

Was that what you were thinking of?

It was a witness report, not a photo, as far as I know

Thanks Doc, I posted the report of witnesses seeing the two cars about 4am but I recall a pic of two cars on the round-about. I guess it's been cleared up as a possible 'beat up' photo. My appologies.
Have you got any tables for a overactive imagination?:please::please:

Thanks Doc, I posted the report of witnesses seeing the two cars about 4am but I recall a pic of two cars on the round-about. I guess it's been cleared up as a possible 'beat up' photo. My appologies.
Have you got any tables for a overactive imagination?:please::please:

It wasn't really a "beat up" photo as such.
Someone with all good intentions posted a screen cap from the traffic camera showing the view it had and an example of what we could at least see from it.
There were some people who couldn't view it so it was just a friendly hand for them.
It quickly escalated into a photo from the night in question and the car that police were asking about. It just happened that car was towing a trailer so people were looking at photos of various parties houses saying there is a trailer so they must have used it to transport the body.

There must have been something on or around Allison's body for the police to know immediately she was murderered. Something that was her's, a scarf or something from the house. The police know more than we do.

Yep, trying to work that one out drives me crazy! The thing is, QPS have never said that they knew immediately that Allison was murdered when she was found. It also wasn't reported in MSM. IMO it is a rumour that has grown from Detective Ainsworth stating that QPS had been treating Allison's disappearance as a murder and had been for some time. Apparently police believed that Allison was murdered long before her body was found.

MOO.

It wasn't really a "beat up" photo as such.
Someone with all good intentions posted a screen cap from the traffic camera showing the view it had and an example of what we could at least see from it.
There were some people who couldn't view it so it was just a friendly hand for them.
It quickly escalated into a photo from the night in question and the car that police were asking about. It just happened that car was towing a trailer so people were looking at photos of various parties houses saying there is a trailer so they must have used it to transport the body.

OK thanks Wakeskate:rocker:

Yep, trying to work that one out drives me crazy! The thing is, QPS have never said that they knew immediately that Allison was murdered when she was found. It also wasn't reported in MSM. IMO it is a rumour that has grown from Detective Ainsworth stating that QPS had been treating Allison's disappearance as a murder and had been for some time. Apparently police believed that Allison was murdered long before body was found.

MOO.

I was about to say the detective in the video said it had been considered a murder investigation for some time.
I guess for the same reason the missing persons report was escalated so rapidly is why they assumed they were dealing with a homicide long before the body was found. A lot of police work is based on a hunch. First police to visit obviously had one, and it turned out right, the senior police who escalated it obviously caught scent of it as well.
As they say, where there is smoke there is fire.

Following up 21/8: and the verdict is: Stupid & Insensitive. South Aussie was spot on, the creative of the australian commercials is direct copy of the originals from the US including the sunflower seeds reference.

Tsk tsk. Cultural Imperialism

~moo~

I was about to say the detective in the video said it had been considered a murder investigation for some time.
I guess for the same reason the missing persons report was escalated so rapidly is why they assumed they were dealing with a homicide long before the body was found. A lot of police work is based on a hunch. First police to visit obviously had one, and it turned out right, the senior police who escalated it obviously caught scent of it as well.
As they say, where there is smoke there is fire.

Wakeskate, do you think it's hunch? Or maybe simply down to experience in dealing with liars that sets off the antennae? I wouldn't have a clue and couldn't pick a liar from three ex-husbands but you'd have to think the police would pretty much know straight away?

Wakeskate, do you think it's hunch? Or maybe simply down to experience in dealing with liars that sets off the antennae? I wouldn't have a clue and couldn't pick a liar from three ex-husbands but you'd have to think the police would pretty much know straight away?

Yep not a hunch. Deffinately clever experienced police. No chance that fool GBC could fool them

Yep not a hunch. Deffinately clever experienced police. No chance that fool GBC could fool them

I sort of thought (and thank goodness have no experience on which to base this at all!) that police training was all about going on fact and evidence rather than gut feel. Still you'd have to think that might come into it at some stage..

I sort of thought (and thank goodness have no experience on which to base this at all!) that police training was all about going on fact and evidence rather than gut feel. Still you'd have to think that might come into it at some stage..

Imagine what they thought when that smarmy buffoon opened the door

Imagine what they thought when that smarmy buffoon opened the door

You'd have to think they thought that if this was more than a missing person case and potentially a murder, the facts point to 95% of murders committed by the 'dearly beloved' of the victim, and treated every action and word with caution and suspicion. IMOO

the facts point to 95% of murders committed by the 'dearly beloved' of the victim

Didn't we go through this one many threads ago and nobody could find any proof that figure was true. (just a Law and Order statistic?).

LOL have your contacts been able to give you any useful facts to go on? Any tips about what's 'in the wind'? No doubt you need to be circumspect in tapping them for info...

I have only caught up with one of them since this case started, and it was right when it was all very sensitive right before the arrest so I didn't push for details.
He is major crimes on the Gold Coast anyway and was more interested in all the bikies shooting each other at the time.

The two narcotics detectives are north NSW, so totally different state anyway so chances are they wouldn't get too much info. Besides they spend most of their days burning crops from Nimbin locals :floorlaugh:

Didn't we go through this one many threads ago and nobody could find any proof that figure was true. (just a Law and Order statistic?).

Maybe, I haven't been here since the beginning so might have missed that discussion. Do Law and Order stats only count as anecdotal evidence rather than empirical? Or are they completely invalid?

Wakeskate. Successful RE Agents are dedicated poker players are they not?

~moo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member