Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone say something about the need to disclose things like that? I remember that from a while ago. Who knows, some poor unsuspecting person from interstate might jump on it without even knowing it's history.

i know real estate agents when selling or renting HAVE to disclose the fact that someone died in the house IF they know . this is a bit tricky though. can anyone say for a fact that allison died there. she may have been severely injured there and died in the yard. wouldnt want to be the agent renting it out.

Doc, would the "continuation of that adrenalin to be heightened after the trauma is no longer present" be similar to eg. when one gets a huge fright, but the heart remains pounding etc for a time afterwards, even once everything is ok?

You may be right - it's just the way it's worded is a bit odd. But I think you may have got the point of what she is saying. Basically, she is saying that the adrenaline secretion continues after the initial stimulus has gone, the way you describe it, and I think that you're probably right.

And yes, that is true - the adrenaline does continue after the stimulus settles down. Talk to the "adrenaline junkies" who do the extreme sports - the high lasts for quite a while afterwards, although a lot of that would be due to endorphins that kick in after the initial adrenaline rush.

Thanks for clarifying what she almost certainly meant.

But I'm still somewhat doubtful as to the relevance of that when examining a body that has been exposed for 10 days or so.

I am shocked it's to be rented out, the owners were so adamant they wouldn't do that. The place looks awful and who on earth would live in a house where a murder took place, wouldn't they have to disclose that fact? I would feel weird inspecting the place. I'd be scared it was haunted.
Those poor girls :-( My heart truly breaks for them.

Because it has not been proven in court that there was a murder there, I don't think they have to disclose anything. JMO.

I have no idea doc, I just wondered, as when I've had a really bad fright, the heart seems to race for sometime afterwards, even though you know everything's OK.

I have no idea about the post mortem side of things obviously, but I imagine after ten days or so, there's only so much one can get?

I did read somewhere that Allison's organs were still intact and appeared healthy, apart from some decomposition of the brain, but not sure how accurate that is, so I'll MOO.

Just out of interest doc, is it possible for someone to die of fright so to speak.

I don't mean in relation to this case obviously, but just wondered if that can happen. Like can a very bad scare give someone a heart attack? Silly question I suppose lol.

Just out of interest doc, is it possible for someone to die of fright so to speak.

I don't mean in relation to this case obviously, but just wondered if that can happen. Like can a very bad scare give someone a heart attack? Silly question I suppose lol.

By the looks of it DocW is up to his elbows again

I have not been on for ages, and am pages and pages behind, been busy busy with EOFY... But how dirty and old is that house, what a dump.....how sad for Allison and the girls living there while someone else was out living the high life (so they thought) and they had to live like that.....It really speaks volumes to me, that someone did not really care about anyone but himself..Just saying...

Certainly can. Rare, but happens. Especially if someone has a pre-existing problem with say coronary artery disease, hypertension, or a combination of problems.

Yup - elbows, shoulders, and eyebrows...! ;)

Hello fellow bloggers..I'm new to this site. I have been reading this site for a few weeks and thought it best if I register and say 'hello' :)

I do recall reading or hearing in the media, someone who knew Allison saying she was "domestically challenged"...
...From all I have read and heard Allison was a great mother and a lovely lady and her and her daughters did not deserve to have suffered like they have.

IMO this is a rumour: "I heard Allison was domestically challenged". We need to be circumspect about such rumours. Who put this rumour about? Their motivation? Were they 'hostile' or a 'rival' to Allison? Were they distant and unempathetic to the pressures on a multi-tasking mother? It is easy to criticise if there is no empathy. Caring for the daily needs of three children under the age of 10 years is demanding, travelling to/from afterschool activites, part-time work, a failing marriage and money problems, etc. This sounds more like a criticism IMO. People have the right to prioritise where they expend their energy. From all accounts Allison looked after her children well. My opinion only, not fact.

Dr Watson, speaking of adrenaline, I have a friend who gets SVTs and their heart rate races for hours. What is the situation with regards to adrenaline here?

Hi Possum regardless of what Dr said Adrenaline overflow is real and it does not discriminate during and long after the event.

I have witnessed people giving evidence and they were given adjournments because of adrenaline overflow. One was allowed a hand up statement.

Hi Possum regardless of what Dr said Adrenaline overflow is real and it does not discriminate during and long after the event.

I have witnessed people giving evidence and they were given adjournments because of adrenaline overflow. One was allowed a hand up statement.

Well do you reckon GBC would have been working off adrenaline? It can give you a lot of strength. MOO

IMO this is a rumour: "I heard Allison was domestically challenged". We need to be circumspect about such rumours. Who put this rumour about? Their motivation? Were they 'hostile' or a 'rival' to Allison? Were they distant and unempathetic to the pressures on a multi-tasking mother? It is easy to criticise if there is no empathy. Caring for the daily needs of three children under the age of 10 years is demanding, travelling to/from afterschool activites, part-time work, a failing marriage and money problems, etc. This sounds more like a criticism IMO. People have the right to prioritise where they expend their energy. From all accounts Allison looked after her children well. My opinion only, not fact.

I can only imagine the enviornment Allison was living in before her murder. That would have given anyone some sort of depression to cause a feeling of helplessness. How many 'hats' did this little sweetheart have to wear? Corporate, mummy, wife and wonderwife to a 5 timing pr*ck ! OMG we all want justice for you girl !! Such a reminder to all of us to speak to family, friends or doctor before this can happen again.

I went looking for what a "hand up statement" was and came across this info, which I think is useful information to read in relation to committal mentions, hearings and the court procedures as we approach Sept 3... Clarifies some of the mumbo jumbo for me.

http://www.gnl.com.au/index.php?action=view&pid=&view=3708

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member