Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read in todays courier mail (paper not online so can't link) that there are 60 witnesses to be cross examined in 2 weeks at the committal for the man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe.

I thought the comparison to GBC's committal would be of interest. So in Daniel's case that is an average of 6 witnesses per sitting day (60/10 days) whereas GBC's committal the average is (43/4days) 10.75 witnesses per day if it takes 4 days ( as was estimated by the defence) or 14.3 (43/3days) witnesses if they get it done in the 3 days that have been allocated.

Whether it is 3 or 4 days, the cross examination of each witness, is going to be fairly short. However the defence may not end up cross examining all of those 43 witnesses if they change their mind prior to or during the committal.

Sorry to quote myself but I realise that the committal in the Morcombe case is set for a total of 4 weeks in 2 sections. So redoing my figures that means there is an average of 3 witnesses per day to be cross examined (60/20 days) as compared with 10.75 per day for GBC committal if get it done in 4 days as estimated or 14.3 per day if get it done in 3 days as set down. Big difference to the Morcombe case.

I just read in todays courier mail (paper not online so can't link) that there are 60 witnesses to be cross examined in 2 weeks at the committal for the man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe.

I thought the comparison to GBC's committal would be of interest. So in Daniel's case that is an average of 6 witnesses per sitting day (60/10 days) whereas GBC's committal the average is (43/4days) 10.75 witnesses per day if it takes 4 days ( as was estimated by the defence) or 14.3 (43/3days) witnesses if they get it done in the 3 days that have been allocated.

Whether it is 3 or 4 days, the cross examination of each witness, is going to be fairly short. However the defence may not end up cross examining all of those 43 witnesses if they change their mind prior to or during the committal.

Sorry to quote myself but I realise that the committal in the Morcombe case is set for a total of 4 weeks in 2 sections. So redoing my figures that means there is an average of 3 witnesses per day to be cross examined (60/20 days) as compared with 10.75 per day for GBC committal if get it done in 4 days as estimated or 14.3 per day if get it done in 3 days as set down. Big difference to the Morcombe case.

I assumed the number of witnesses for the BC case was for the court case, not the committal hearing?

Hi Nads, the 43 witnesses are those that have been requested by the defence and agreed to by the prosecution for cross examination at the committal estimated to take only 4 days by the defence. It is nothing to do with how many witnesses may give evidence at the trial if GBC is committed to stand trial.

I assumed the number of witnesses for the BC case was for the court case, not the committal hearing?

Hi Nads, I'd like to be a witness and cross examined, just to say what an ***hole we all think he is! Sorry mods, I'm sure i'll get an email in the morning!

Alioop...I saw the Baden-Powell case in today's Courier Mail and wondered if there was a family connection to GBC but had forgotten his name was Baden-Clay...

Back in one of the earlier threads we discussed the Baden-Powell/Baden-Clay names. It's a known fact that GBC is related to Lord Baden-Powell (Scout founder).

Also, it looks as though someone has beautified the flowers again. They're looking nice again. Thank you!

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...ne-supreme-court/story-fncynjr2-1226524478811

Gbc made a new bail app.

Alioop...? What do you think about this?

:(

Thanks Champagne4lulu. This new bail application makes me absolutely furious! So what has changed in the last five months since GBC was remanded in custody that would sway a magistrate to grant him bail? Nothing IMO! It just seems to me that the legal eagles representing GBC are going through the motions of earning their high end fees, all at GBC's instruction no less and also at his expense. Dumb arse!

It's ironic that this bail application has come to the fore at the same time as a rumour circulating about TM, of which I'm not permitted to discuss due to Websleuth's TOS. Not that GBC could give a rat's arse about TM.

MOO.

The reference to the evidence is concerning. I wonder what they are referring to? There is so much we don't know it's so frustrating! I'm worried....

The reference to the evidence is concerning. I wonder what they are referring to? There is so much we don't know it's so frustrating! I'm worried....

To add to this

Prisoners denied bail in the Supreme Court have to show evidence of a change of circumstances in order to make a second bail application.

"Defence barrister Peter Davis SC had argued that the bail application was "one of the strongest applications for bail that one will ever see".

"We will contend that the brief of evidence does not substantiate or support all of the claims made by the prosecution during the (first) bail application," he said.
"We will also argue that evidence, not referred to on the initial bail application, exists that is inconsistent with the Crown case and/or relevant to the defence."

http://www.news.com.au/national/law...ne-supreme-court/story-fncynjr2-1226524478811

Baden-Clay in bid for Christmas bail
Greg Stolz From: www.couriermail.com.au November 27, 2012 12:00AM
Lawyers for Gerard Baden-Clay have lodged a new bail application in the Brisbane Supreme Court, therefore ACCUSED wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay could be home for Christmas. Interestingly the application was lodged on 26 November 2012 the date of commencement for the long-awaited Morcombe Committal Hearing.
Baden-Clay was denied bail at his first attempt on June 22 after being labelled a "real" flight risk by Supreme Court Justice David Boddice. IMO he is still a flight risk.

Thanks Champagne4lulu. This new bail application makes me absolutely furious! So what has changed in the last five months since GBC was remanded in custody that would sway a magistrate to grant him bail? Nothing IMO! It just seems to me that the legal eagles representing GBC are going through the motions of earning their high end fees, all at GBC's instruction no less and also at his expense. Dumb arse!

It's ironic that this bail application has come to the fore at the same time as a rumour circulating about TM, of which I'm not permitted to discuss due to Websleuth's TOS. Not that GBC could give a rat's arse about TM.

MOO.

Morning, ruined my morning.... Grrrrrr going to work really cross over the bridge.

This is terrible news. I pray bail will be denied. I feel for the Dickies and Girls. Not good at all

Who's paying for all the legals? At this stage he'll run out of funds before the actual trial and have to get legal aid.

This is terrible news. I pray bail will be denied. I feel for the Dickies and Girls. Not good at all

Lets hope this is just a last ditch desperate attempt to get him out for Christmas (as supposedly he deserves freedom at Christmas time to be with his family, unlike Allison apparently). Rest assured that even if he gets out his life will be hell as he won't be able to show his face anywhere. The defence are likely bluffing about the evidence as that is what they do - I'm going to try really hard not to get upset about it until we see and hear more. Hugs everyone.

I am horrified and disturbed to hear this news just as I was going to sleep last night. I real feel for the Dickies - how many more years of anguish and pain are they going to have - all because of the actions of one self centred individual?
However, take heart, he is no less a flight risk than he was in June, so a sensible judge will likely keep him where he belongs. He is likely to be more of a flight risk, having now had a taste of what will hopefully be the rest of his life, for the foreseeable future.

^^ I'm actually even more concerned about what this means for the case against him. I hope the police got it right. Did they get the right man? I sure hope so.

Ultimately this just sucks for Allison and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay