Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly, Gerard Baden-Clay was once touted as a potential candidate for the LNP in the Mogill electorate and had political friends in the LNP. Today Newman minister, Dr. Bruce Flegg, is in trouble with Queensland State Opposition politicians calling for his sacking for alleged corrupt dealings with his son which may involve the Crime and Misconduct Commission. Wasn't he one of the prominent politicians who visited the Baden-Clay seniors home following the murder of Allison Baden-Clay? http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-to-hold-office/story-e6freoof-1226515485184

Good pick up Fuskier. Yes Bruce Flegg did visit the BC's house on 27 April this year.

Local politicians Margaret De Wit and Bruce Flegg both visited the Baden-Clays early in the piece.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7932882&postcount=909"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9[/ame]

I think we should all make a pact that not a day goes past without a post for Allison. Christmas is just around the corner and I hope she is able to look over her babies. Maybe this forum can help keep her memory alive...

I think we should all make a pact that not a day goes past without a post for Allison. Christmas is just around the corner and I hope she is able to look over her babies. Maybe this forum can help keep her memory alive...

There is not a day that I don't think of Allison, her daughters and her parents. I imagine Christmas will be especially difficult for Mr. and Mrs. Dickie this year and every year to come. They lost their beautiful daughter. Mrs. Dickie's mother also passed away this year. The pain and sorrow they have had to endure breaks my heart but I just know they are doing a wonderful job as loving and caring grandparents. I look around me and realise just how fortunate I am to have a loving, healthy and happy family. There but for the grace of God go I.

There is not a day that I don't think of Allison, her daughters and her parents. I imagine Christmas will be especially difficult for Mr. and Mrs. Dickie this year and every year to come. They lost their beautiful daughter. Mrs. Dickie's mother also passed away this year. The pain and sorrow they have had to endure breaks my heart but I just know they are doing a wonderful job as loving and caring grandparents. I look around me and realise just how fortunate I am to have a loving, healthy and happy family. There but for the grace of God go I.

Just heart breaking....I wish the Dickies knew that we are still thinking of their daughter. We will never forget, I'm glad we are all still here for her xx

im sure the dickies will know there are a lot of caring people still thinking of allison and praying for them and the girls and everytime they see the flowers on the bridge it must give them a feeling of warmth and comfort to know they are not alone.

Sorry I'm not sure how to link in iPad, but apparently the Supreme Court had to be evacuated this morning because of a bomb threat.

Is it unusual that we never heard another thing about the bomb threat aimed at gbc's bail hearing? Surely they would have tracked down the culprit - would they normally have reported on this given the public interest? It was all so weird.

Quiet on here. No posts so far today.

Hope the massive storm in SE Queensland passes soon.

storm.jpg

Take care everyone...

A friend of mine told me about the bomb scare yesterday, and said that there was a case Baden-Powel vs State of Qld scheduled at 10 a.m. in the supreme court.

Does anyone known anything? I think it's odd.

Attachments

• 786459-brisbane-superstorm-mt-coot-tha-seven-news.jpg
    786459-brisbane-superstorm-mt-coot-tha-seven-news.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 629331-cm-lightning.jpg
    629331-cm-lightning.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 744426-brisbane-superstorm-alexandria-st-bowen-hills.jpg
    744426-brisbane-superstorm-alexandria-st-bowen-hills.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10
  • 756979-brisbane-superstorm-bowen-hills-vanessa-croll.jpg
    756979-brisbane-superstorm-bowen-hills-vanessa-croll.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 846322-brisbane-superstorm-lightning-city-kangaroo-point-cliffs.jpg
    846322-brisbane-superstorm-lightning-city-kangaroo-point-cliffs.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 9
That was one blowy storm that hit us in Brisbane yesterday. A few of the photos in Cyansea's posts attachment were of the roof of my daughter's classroom which was hit by a fallen tree. A branch went through the ceiling of the class next door and that class has been relocated to another building. As far as I know our classroom is ok.

A friend of mine told me about the bomb scare yesterday, and said that there was a case Baden-Powel vs State of Qld scheduled at 10 a.m. in the supreme court.

Does anyone known anything? I think it's odd.

I couldn't find Friday's law list on line so I dug Friday's paper out of my rubbish bin and yes you are right Woof. I have it in front of me and it is in the callover list for applications to the Supreme Court at 10 am. Baden-Powell v State of Queensland. These matters are usually consents, adjournments, bail applications and short contested matters. They are mostly non criminal matters. Some of these matters take 5 minutes, some up to about 2 hours.

Very interesting indeed!

I have been thinking about the committal hearing and any trial that may follow and came up with a few questions, that perhaps others may also be wondering about...

Is the witness list public information?

Does the defence have to provide a witness list for the committal?

Can witnesses for the prosecution be added to the list later (after committal but before trial)?

I understand it would not be wise for the defence to call up any witnesses close to the accused as they may have negative information that has not been given in statements.

But if I were a jury member, this would make me suspicious that they are so close to the case, but are not willing to say anything under oath and risk of cross examination to defend the accused (possibly because they may have something to hide)

Answering my own question, but I suppose that officially a jury member would not be allowed to take this into consideration (should only consider what is said in the court?)

I understand it is their right not to give statements but can NBC/EBC be called as witnesses for the prosecution (say to explain the facetime call)

Perhaps you can not be called as a witness if you have not made a statement?

You can see I am confused about this!

Hoping for for some answers to help clear up my confusion.

I couldn't find Friday's law list on line so I dug Friday's paper out of my rubbish bin and yes you are right Woof. I have it in front of me and it is in the callover list for applications to the Supreme Court at 10 am. Baden-Powell v State of Queensland. These matters are usually consents, adjournments, bail applications and short contested matters. They are mostly non criminal matters. Some of these matters take 5 minutes, some up to about 2 hours.

Very interesting indeed!

I hope this isn't a request for bail!!! Defence said something about GBC being in jail a long time already.

What I have been thinking a lot about, if GBC and his family think he is innocent and he continues to plead not guilty, then why the hell haven't they shouted out from the roof-tops about finding Allison's killer! Not one word from them about this!

Or are our GBC sleuthing days over? Found the murderer and he's in jail! And he damn well better stay there!

Everyone,

Stay safe, dry and warm in the storms! Take care!

~Summer

I hope this isn't a request for bail!!! Defence said something about GBC being in jail a long time already.

I haven't seen the document/list in question, but Baden-Powell isn't the same as Baden-Clay. Same common origin, perhaps, and may well be related. But I don't know who the Baden-Powell would be in this case. Alioop has seen the list, I think - any clues there?

And if it IS to do with the GBC case - why are they using the Baden-Powell name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine