Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Curious, or at least strong evidence would be needed to upset the weight of the prosecution's evidence.
No the judge wouldn't consider the views of the public. That is not one of the matters to be considered by the Bail Act. For anyone interested in looking at this legislation, it is a short Act. This link takes you to the whole Act and if you look through the index and click on section 16 Refusal of Bail, it will take you to that section.

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/B/BailA80.pdf

So glad there are some great legal experts on this thread!
Another question to them, if I may: should this go all the way to trial, will a jury decide GBC's fate or, like the Rayney case, a single judge? You have to wonder whether they might have been a different result for Rayney if a jury, not a judge, had been confronted by so much circumstantial evidence, a lot of it very confusing and overwhelming ...

Judge only trials are rare in murder cases in QLD. I think if GBC is committed to trial, he will face a jury.

I was really surprised that Dr Patel's application for a judge only trial was rejected in the last few days. I can't think of a better case for justification for a judge only trial given the significant public interest and prejudice issues for jury selection.

I was reading some statistics on judge vs jury a while ago and the conviction rate is higher in a judge only trial for serious crimes like murder. It may have been statistics from the US. I will see if I can find a link to it.

So you know for a fact he is guilty?

Welcome to the forum Cobo,

Yes,most of us believe he is guilty. Why have the family not asked to hunt down the real killer,why have they all remained silent (IE taking the 5th) Where are the other suspects? Why did her husband not join the search party. All very strange.

Perhaps you know something we don't? You think he's innocent? I for one would love to hear why you think he's not guilty??

Some posts were removed because they were personal in nature and not kind. Remember to use your ignore feature if someone else's point of view annoys you.

:cheers:

I, for one, enjoy the quick witted one-liners sometimes expressed by various contributors to this forum. Think we all take the matter very seriously, and it's nice to sometimes find quick wit and a smile amongst all the gravity of the situation. Hope it doesn't stop ...... !

Due to being the child of a father with wanderlust, have lived in several different countries. From that experience I've noticed that Aussies are the ones who may crack a joke during a serious situation ... with no disrespect to the situation intended. Maybe it stems all the way back to penal colony days when making light of a bad situation could have helped some people to get through the day.

I, for one, enjoy the quick witted one-liners sometimes expressed by various contributors to this forum. Think we all take the matter very seriously, and it's nice to sometimes find quick wit and a smile amongst all the gravity of the situation. Hope it doesn't stop ...... !

Due to being the child of a father with wanderlust, have lived in several different countries. From that experience I've noticed that Aussies are the ones who may crack a joke during a serious situation ... with no disrespect to the situation intended. Maybe it stems all the way back to penal colony days when making light of a bad situation could have helped some people to get through the day.

I agree, it's depressing here a little some days,I seem to be hooked on a few threads at the moment so I love to see the little humorous posts here and there. I also think we have been here together so long we have got to understand the posters a little more and what their personalities and sense of humour is about.

Us Aussies also like to take ourselves not so seriously and usually when things anywhere are getting a bit serious,guarantee an Aussie will be the first to crack a joke,to break the silence or awkwardness : )

For your information I will now refer to Gerard Baden-Clay as <modsnip>
Any further reference to GBC is now <modsnip>

I truly hope <modsnip> does not get bailed.

For your information I will now refer to Gerard Baden-Clay as <modsnip>
Any further reference to GBC is now <modsnip>

I truly hope <modsnip> does not get bailed.

Oh well, Curious, if you are going to start referring to GBC as MODSNIP then so am I!

:)

Welcome to the forum Cobo,

Yes,most of us believe he is guilty. Why have the family not asked to hunt down the real killer,why have they all remained silent (IE taking the 5th) Where are the other suspects? Why did her husband not join the search party. All very strange.

Perhaps you know something we don't? You think he's innocent? I for one would love to hear why you think he's not guilty??

Exactly, Curiousasacat. Not once has GBC or his family or supporters or financial backers shouted out about hunting down the real killer! Now why do you think that is??? Would think that his financial backers could put up reward money for bringing real killer to conviction instead of putting up bail money.

As Ronan Keating sings "You say it best when you say nothing at all".
:twocents:

Aussie members and visitors, please take a moment to visit this page - missing from Central Coast, NSW, car found at Tuggerah station. Could be in Hunter or Tamworth working on horse stud.

Leisl Smith - 22 - Wallarah - Central Coast NSW 19 August 2012
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190846"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190846[/ame]

PS love the new nick for GBC. :wink:

Exactly, Curiousasacat. Not once has GBC or his family or supporters or financial backers shouted out about hunting down the real killer! Now why do you think that is??? Would think that his financial backers could put up reward money for bringing real killer to conviction instead of putting up bail money.

As Ronan Keating sings "You say it best when you say nothing at all".
:twocents:

Actions speak louder than words. The only people who have been shouting out from the rooftops have been Allisons parents who were intent on finding her. All we heard from the other side were whiney leave us alone to get on with our lives garbage. And how hard done by entire BC family have been by being put on by the media. I think the family is feeling guilt by association now -well at least I hope so. And truly not one of them has had the gall to come out and pubicly say that they think GBC is innocent. Even Sica's parents did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach