Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Actus :) Couple of quick points:

- we're all assuming he watched the "Good Wife" show at his house - which may or may not be the case.

- to drive from his place to Nigelaine's place would be 4 or 5 minutes, max, at that time of night.

- anyone could have accessed the Internet on that computer, including OW.

But all good points - good thinking there :)

I forgot that OW was staying at NBC's.......

GBC definitely said in his affadavit for the second bail hearing that he and his parents were watching "The Good Wife" at his house.

Of all the documents posted by alioop and makara I find the plant matter report quite damaging to his defence of "I was asleep and she went for a walk".

The amount of plant material unrelated to the area Allison was found, and directly related to 593 Brookfield Road is physical evidence that she didn't walk out the door as alluded to by GBC.

By GBC's own admission he was at the house all night and if it is able to be proven that the plant matter could only be picked up by being dragged or carried (brushed past or through bushes/trees), then he is going to be hard pressed to provide a credible alternative theory.

One doesn't pick up this sort of plant matter by just walking out the door.

Looking at those phone records does my head in - everyone called GBC a lot did he need constant reminding about things or did they all just constantly talk ? When did anyone do any work ?

GBC definitely said in his affadavit for the second bail hearing that he and his parents were watching "The Good Wife" at his house.

Morning again Actus - yes, you're quite right. But as I mentioned, it's only a few minutes drive from GBC's house to the NBC house, along Rafting Ground Rd. anyway.

And yes, the plant material certainly puts Allison in a position of being either manhandled in the plants area at home, or being incredibly clumsy and staggering about in it. I wonder if the defence would ask if there are any other areas where all 6 species of plant material would be found - for example, on the roadside between their house and Kholo Creek? Especially close to the house...?

That plant evidence certainly shows that she was somewhere other than Kholo Creek to pick it up - but does it actually prove that the back patio of their house is the ONLY place where that mix of plants would be found?

Are the signals thing a normal modern parenting technique? Sorry no kids here, but I find that very strange?

No. I teach the kids if they want to interrupt to just say excuse me. A lot of parents don't even do that and allow the kids to say whatever they want. It is indeed strange.

Has anyone seen that episode of "The Good Wife" according to the TV guide it was Series 3 Episode 14. May have to find it to see if it actually references "Taking the fifth".

Hi BJ, I sat and watched it. I posted all about it previously, wouldn't know what thread though.
It was said so often, so yes this story pans out.

No. I teach the kids if they want to interrupt to just say excuse me. A lot of parents don't even do that and allow the kids to say whatever they want. It is indeed strange.

I think this shows very controlling behaviour.

LOL, sorry not you BJ. GBC I meant.

Morning again Actus - yes, you're quite right. But as I mentioned, it's only a few minutes drive from GBC's house to the NBC house, along Rafting Ground Rd. anyway.

And yes, the plant material certainly puts Allison in a position of being either manhandled in the plants area at home, or being incredibly clumsy and staggering about in it. I wonder if the defence would ask if there are any other areas where all 6 species of plant material would be found - for example, on the roadside between their house and Kholo Creek? Especially close to the house...?

That plant evidence certainly shows that she was somewhere other than Kholo Creek to pick it up - but does it actually prove that the back patio of their house is the ONLY place where that mix of plants would be found?

Good point

I would put the plant evidence into the category of 'compelling circumstantial'. Undoubtedly there would be somewhere else that would have the same mix of plants and I'm sure Messrs Mahoney and Davis have scoured suburbia for another property that would provide the same plant matter. Their problem is coming up with a credible reason for Allison to have been there.

Given the strength of the evidence it would not be sufficient for the defence to simply indicate other areas where this particular mix of plant matter could be picked up. In a jury trial their argument would need to be persuasive enough for the jurors to discount the prosecutions evidence. It maybe hard to do this without discrediting GBC's version that everything was hunky dory and she just went for a walk.....

Poor little Allison........<modsnip>.

Too right, but he wouldn't ... because he is a coward! The only hope of him knowing its content, is if some of these details are discussed at trial. Would like to see his facial expressions then!!

About Allison's last call... to OW at 8.28pm that night. I wonder if the argument was already underway by then? If not then it was probably just a call about the kids sleepover the next night. If they had already started arguing then it could have been a "Did you know about this?" or "Do you know what he's been doing?"

The police can't prove what the call was about and at this stage OW isn't going to tell them anything other than it was about the sleepover.

If I was in the middle of an argument with my partner (or even shortly after), I would not feel like calling anybody. I don't think trouble had started at that point. IMO.

I think this shows very controlling behaviour.

LOL, sorry not you BJ. GBC I meant.

I agree, but he had a lot to hide and he wouldn't have wanted the kids telling people what went on in that house and destroying the public illusion.

Too right, but he wouldn't ... because he is a coward! The only hope of him knowing its content, is if some of these details are discussed at trial. Would like to see his facial expressions then!!

He wont be listening. He is switched off to all he doesn't want to hear or, probably even more accurately, all he is not interested in- like Olivia. IMO

I bet he wishes he could google "How does a normal person react when seeing or hearing of a horrifying autopsy report on their beloved wife."

He will want to appear innocent ofcourse.

It is very strange that after the mini-flurry of calls/texts to Allisons phone on the morning of her disappearance from GBCs phone, once the police arrived and commenced their deeper investigation he seemed to forget trying to contact Allison. It looks to me like there was a complete absence of efforts to contact her by GBC from 10.52am until 3.52pm. That is an eternity if someone has disappeared for no reason. I wonder what reminded him at 3.52pm? Was it an enquiring plea from the children after school, via the extended famiily, that thrust him back into, OMG I'd better make it look like I'm still looking in case the police ever check my phone? Because the missing hours in between were obviously all about him!!!!

He wont be listening. He is switched off to all he doesn't want to hear or, probably even more accurately, all he is not interested in- like Olivia. IMO

I'm just wondering ... will he crack at some point? I see him as a weak individual, whose world has fallen apart. Can he hold it together for as long as it takes to complete a trial? Hmm, I'm not sure. Would the defence recommend putting him on some "calming meds" to avoid risk of him having a breakdown on the stand?

Good morning. I have been reading the reports. Thank you to Makara and Alioop for making them available to us.

There is one thing that concerns me in the autopsy report where the forensic pathologist says that he waited for the body to come up to the bridge, as others put Allison's body in a tarp and stretcher. Wouldn't it have been important to check how far she was in the mud? And to have tested if a similar weighted item would sink so far, depending on if it was placed there or thrown from the bridge? Depending on the result (and remembering that there were times when the conditions were similar as on the night Allison was murdered) it would be clear if she was thrown or dragged there. If she was placed, it may have just been him, but if dragged there it could only have been done by more than one person. I am just saying this because the autopsy report says that if she had been thrown from the 14 meter height she would he would have expected other injuries. This would also clearly discount the suicide theory.

Oh, before I forget, all in my opinion, of course!!

The report states where some of the nearest crepe myrtle trees are in relation to the GBC house. And they are quite a distance away. This will be interesting to see if they were along the walking paths that GBC has suggested she commonly used. The tipuana tipu are all over Brooky but picking up fishbone fern in your hair while walking is darn near impossible.

It is very strange that after the mini-flurry of calls/texts to Allisons phone on the morning of her disappearance from GBCs phone, once the police arrived and commenced their deeper investigation he seemed to forget trying to contact Allison. It looks to me like there was a complete absence of efforts to contact her by GBC from 10.52am until 3.52pm. That is an eternity if someone has disappeared for no reason. I wonder what reminded him at 3.52pm? Was it an enquiring plea from the children after school, via the extended famiily, that thrust him back into, OMG I'd better make it look like I'm still looking in case the police ever check my phone? Because the missing hours in between were obviously all about him!!!!

I thought the same. It's like he didn't need to keep up the charade. I know most people wouldn't rely solely on the police finding your loved one, you'd feel the need to keep doing it yourself. Hell, you'd even get friends and family to do it. Esp since they'd had an argument the night before, he should have realised that maybe she didn't want to take HIS calls... so you get someone in the family or close friend to try. But ofcourse none of this actually applies, does it? She wasn't missing at all... not in his eyes anyway.

It also makes me gasp to see no calls to Allisons phone from NBC or EBC.

If my other half (fictional only- I'm single haha) was missing, my parents would reach for their phones and try on their own phone, in case something was not working correctly or he/she just wasnt answering me for some reason. I think this would be instinct.

I believe it was because at that point QPS was already searching and had sort of control over his actions and iPhone. Calls that afternoon may have been done by QPS using his phone. Do we know at what point did the police take his phone away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn