Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But my understanding is that Allisons policy had a final deadline of a date in May, by which it would expire if it was not paid. So the policy should be safe, as Allison died in April, right?

I think both policies had a dead line in May...be paid or cancelled. I wonder if he paid his own policy...I don't think so....

With regard to GBC and TM, while he is at Arthur Gorrie ...... does anyone know if they could be permitted to talk on the phone? Even though their conversation could be taped and checked, it would probably help maintain some morale, with her carrying on the way she does about how much she loves him (maybe even about plans about a future together) and him reassuring TM ..... Oh dear ..... very difficult to swallow that possibility.

With regard to GBC and TM, while he is at Arthur Gorrie ...... does anyone know if they could be permitted to talk on the phone? Even though their conversation could be taped and checked, it would probably help maintain some morale, with her carrying on the way she does about how much she loves him (maybe even about plans about a future together) and him reassuring TM ..... Oh dear ..... very difficult to swallow that possibility.

They have to apply to have a number put on a list of numbers that they can ring. The person they want to phone also has to agree. I'm not sure that he would be allowed to have Toni's number on his list . He could be accused of interfering with a witness. All calls are recorded and sometimes monitored live as well. This isn't however to assist the police in their inquiries but more a security measure.

On the other hand I could take a leaf out of Dan the Man's book. He was photographed from behind after the committal not courting media. But another did, loud and proud. He knows this isn't up for debate. Reminds me of the aap pic of ABC's friend first up in the committal. She couldn't smile for the photags. But if this is a trial by media as per the logies. Grr Dan the Man knows.

I think both policies had a dead line in May...be paid or cancelled. I wonder if he paid his own policy...I don't think so....

For more info.. See the media time line. The legal guardians made a claim for payment. It was mentioned in court that guardians have access to the fund raising money's but that is for the girls. That is a testimony to the family of Allison.

Good night WS peeps. Winter means slow cooker meals... While you seek the truth... keep your memories not of the end of ABC but her love.. Her beloved children...

For more info.. See the media time line. The legal guardians made a claim for payment. It was mentioned in court that guardians have access to the fund raising money's but that is for the girls. That is a testimony to the family of Allison.

Hi Flinders, The legal Guardians only made a claim on Allison's Insurance, at this stage Allison's Insurances are still in the hands of the 2 Insurance companies. Allison didn't need to meet her deadline (May) as she was murdered before May. I would have to wonder though if GBC paid his Insurance before his deadline in May...

Hi Flinders, The legal Guardians only made a claim on Allison's Insurance, at this stage Allison's Insurances are still in the hands of the 2 Insurance companies. Allison didn't need to meet her deadline (May) as she was murdered before May. I would have to wonder though if GBC paid his Insurance before his deadline in May...

One of the Insurers and the Super fund applied for directions to court, and the funds of due to beneficiaries have been frozen by the court, until after the murder trial of GBC.

One of the Insurers and the Super fund applied for directions to court, and the funds of due to beneficiaries have been frozen by the court, until after the murder trial of GBC.

Yes KGI that's right, and wasn't it a blessing when the Courts froze it...I think the money would all be taken up in legal fees by now if GBC got his hands on the money.

Yes KGI that's right, and wasn't it a blessing when the Courts froze it...I think the money would all be taken up in legal fees by now if GBC got his hands on the money.

Yes indeed - none left for the girls

The Brisbane Federal court now holds both Allison's life insurances payouts.They would be in an interest bearing account. The insurance companies have discharged their obligations with regard to those policies.

The Brisbane Federal court now holds both Allison's life insurances payouts.They would be in an interest bearing account. The insurance companies have discharged their obligations with regard to those policies.
That is good to know. :)

Interest earned would be 'quite nice', but an earlier poster pointed out that the funds are frozen, and I thought were implying that there wouldn't be any interest earned ....... good to know that interest would be earned .... no wonder GBC was smiling when he first arrived at the Committal (he only has to think of the money that 'could be' coming his way while he languishes in Arthur Gorrie .... away from all his financial woes!

Does anybody know what happened to the funds from the sale of the house that gbc sold while he has been in Arthur Gorrie? Allison's brother should have received half of that money as the house was owned by him and Allison but from memory it was in the name of a company owned by Allison and gbc. I hope her brother had a legal right to his share of this money. What I also find appalling that the Dickies have massive legal bills from all of the fighting they have had to do to protect allison's interest in the property and also in relation to the girls.I know all the fundraising is for the girls but I hope the Dickies have been able to access these funds to assist them with their legal costs. I feel for them so much.
Imo

Does anybody know what happened to the funds from the sale of the house that gbc sold while he has been in Arthur Gorrie? Allison's brother should have received half of that money as the house was owned by him and Allison but from memory it was in the name of a company owned by Allison and gbc. I hope her brother had a legal right to his share of this money. What I also find appalling that the Dickies have massive legal bills from all of the fighting they have had to do to protect allison's interest in the property and also in relation to the girls.I know all the fundraising is for the girls but I hope the Dickies have been able to access these funds to assist them with their legal costs. I feel for them so much.
Imo

At the Committal when Kellie Beckett was giving evidence about GBC's and Allison's finances, there was an objection put up by the Defence Barrister Peter Davis in regard to Lisa Dickie as a part owner in the house property. There was some comment about that Lisa 'thought she was a part-owner' ...... so that must be in dispute ........ will most likely have to wait until the trial to have more about that revealed. JMO

If the prosecution and defence are ready for trial it's a damn shame it has to wait until 2014 nearly 2 years after the fact . I know witnesses have given statements but things blur and fade in your memory as time passes and the defence will seize this to their advantage at the trial - a trial later this year would have been a blessing IMOO!

If the prosecution and defence are ready for trial it's a damn same it as to wait until 2014 nearly 2 years after the fact . I know witnesses have given statements but things blur and fade in your memory as time passes and the defence will seize this to their advantage at the trial - a trial later this year would have been a blessing IMOO!

..... looking for a positive in that can't imagine what, but may be some more evidence could surface or a new forensic scientific method of finding some unknown answers

J frost said in her statement that TM had a violent temper and she also mentions GBC told her he belted the girls (children).

On another note when GBC and TM used to have their fortnightly meetings at night at the office it's a wonder no other staff member didn't catch them out driving past and see their cars there? Unless the car park is underground or around the back maybe?

Interest earned would be 'quite nice', but an earlier poster pointed out that the funds are frozen, and I thought were implying that there wouldn't be any interest earned ....... good to know that interest would be earned .... no wonder GBC was smiling when he first arrived at the Committal (he only has to think of the money that 'could be' coming his way while he languishes in Arthur Gorrie .... away from all his financial woes!

The money is "frozen" in the sense that no one can have it until the court makes further orders. I have done some research and if it has been paid into the Litigants Fund which is a federal court fund held with a bank, then it is non interest bearing. So unless there were specific orders for it to be invested in an interest bearing account then it would have been paid into this fund. When orders are made to pay it out, it then gets withdrawn from this fund. Allison's estate and GBC were represented at both hearings so they would have been aware of the interest consequences.

Has a date been set for trial?
Sorry if I've missed this *advertiser censored*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members