Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I'm dropping by after a very long absence and just dealing with 'life'. Have still been following the case but haven't had the time to keep up here. I hope to comment occasionally from now on.

One of the things that has sparked my return is that I received this email the other day, from Legacy.com

The Guest Book you sponsored will soon go offline.
You can make sure it stays available for family and friends to enjoy.
Thank you for sponsoring the Guest Book of Allison (Dickie) BADEN-CLAY, enabling family and friends to continue reading and adding entries throughout the year.
The Legacy.com team wanted to remind you that your sponsorship will expire on 17/06/2013 in case you want to read or print the Guest Book prior to it going offline. You may also extend your sponsorship for another year.

Keep the Guest Book Online
Visit the Guest Book
http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/couriermail-au/guestbook.aspx?n=allison-baden-clay&pid=157500203&eid=viewgb

The reason I received the email was because I had sponsored this memorial Guest Book for a couple of months. After that some of the members here, calling themselves "The Sunflower Mums" put in and shared the cost to keep the Guest Book for a year. It expires on the 17th of this month and only costs $29 to renew for another year.

I wondered if anyone or a few others would be willing to keep it going? I would do it myself but I am broke as I have had lots of family medical expenses, and have also just sponsored another Guest Book for a family friend.

I just thought it might be nice to keep it going for another year, or alternatively if someone can let let Allisons brother know it is there and that it can be made into a book (cost between $56 and $100) which could be a momento for the Dickie family, especially the girls. There are loads of very kind messages that have been left, with candles and sunflowers and other flower images.

Sorry if this type of note shouldn't be here, I just didn't think it would be seen unless I posted it here, and I think it would be a shame if the book just gets deleted. The poor Dickie family have been through so much and may not have even realised it was there or read any of the supportive messages. Whatever happens there is only 4 days to do something. I thought if it was renewed for a year then it allows time for the family to be contacted, and to organise a book at their leisure.

Hi, It's The Vibe, how secure is this link? Given that you have to give credit card details? X

Hi Fuskier, when I click on this link it just comes up as "bad link"?
Don't know what's going on there AAAA. When I click on the link in my post number 475 on page 19 - it works fine. Try that. Check out page 20.

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/publ...ocuments/LAQ-annual-report-2009-10-part-4.pdf
This is a public document, the Annual Report on Legal Aid Queensland 2009-2010.
Staff published as employed in the QLD Legal Aide Grants department include a Mr. Alex Baden-Powell.

Some of the functions of the Grants dept include Grants review: Reviewing our grants operations to improve business processes and increase cost
efficiency. This included the following:-
1. Refining legal aid application processes for family and criminal law matters;
2. Changing the guidelines for grants of aid in some criminal law matters from January 2010.

Interesting that name Baden-Powell.

OMG, what can we do about this? It is outrageous!

Hi, It's The Vibe, how secure is this link? Given that you have to give credit card details? X

Hi AAAA

I have used it on a number of occasions over the years and never had a problem. It's a reputable site.

Legal aid cut for disabled, children in compo cases
June 14, 2013

Children, disabled people and the mentally ill will be denied access to free legal advice on compensation matters under a range of cuts to Legal Aid NSW.
The service is $200,000 in deficit and has been forced to find savings to meet an even tighter budget for the new financial year, but ruled out tightening the means test.

I assume that all children do not mostly have an income. The disabled generally work in manual labour. My own opinion from life.

Legal aid for Gerard Baden-Clay
It has been reported that Mr Baden-Clay has approached Legal Aid Queensland to help cover his legal expenses, which are likely to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.Is this fair for tax payers and for Mr Baden-Clay's defence case?
Criminal lawyer Bill Potts joins Greg Cary to discuss the cost of defending yourself, admitting that often people's success in a case relies on their capacity to employ more expensive legal staff.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/legal-aid...compo-cases-20130613-2o70o.html#ixzz2WAkyFGsP

http://www.4bc.com.au/blogs/2013-4b...rd-badenclay/20130611-2o183.html#.UbrD3DJ-9lY

Just thinking retrospectively about my last post. If disabled adults in manual labour jobs can not ask for legal representation for the work place injuries as legal aid is looking for cost cutting, plus these intellectual disable adults live in supported housing as they can not function without adult supervision. This supported housing is where they have a job and contribute to society but need help paying the bills or cooking. Did Gbc cook much at all or clean.

However, these adults with intellectual impairment with their parents in their 80's have found their accommodation costs have doubled.

Just wondering who is giving someone big dollars for a legal defence as opposed to hmmmmm disabled people who have learnt social skills, budgeting, and don't ask a friend for a favour if you can't pay them back.

Also, he can get awesome legal aid because if found not guilty Allison's life insurance and super will give them cost recovery. Where is the security for his backers who lost money. I thought if he didn't pay his taxes as according to the forensic accountant that the ato would get first dibs. So sad that legal aid get first dibs and I am so sorry for his backers.

I want someone to understand that ABC had life insurance for her children.

<modsnip>

PS Bruce who.

Bruce Overland was the pseudonym that GBC used in his emails to TMcH

Folks I've removed a whole bunch of posts. We are only allowed to discuss what is known to us through MSM. Anything outside of that will be removed.

Maybe it's time some of you brushed up on WS rules again.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8364858#post8364858"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OMG, what can we do about this? It is outrageous!

My post has been removed (sorry Marly for whatever I did! :) ), but just one thing I really wanted to note - this document is from a few years ago.

I don't think who is employed at Legal Aid is really relevant in this decision IMO.

Legal aid for Gerard Baden-Clay
It has been reported that Mr Baden-Clay has approached Legal Aid Queensland to help cover his legal expenses, which are likely to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.Is this fair for tax payers and for Mr Baden-Clay's defence case?
First and foremost, this is an exceptional waste of taxpayers’ money. It is, of course, incredibly insulting.

Bumping up my post from a few days back for those who may have missed it.

Guys making a note here about Courier Mail reports because they've gone behind a paywall. WS doesn't allow sites/reports which are subscription only.

What you can do is copy the headline & paste it into google, majority of times you'll get the same report on a different news sites which doesn't have the paywall.

Hopefully, in time, Courier Mail will remove subscription only.

ETA: please always include the links to reports

Woman to tell of offer for MP to vacate seat

by: Steve Wardill
June 16, 2013 12:00AM

EMBATTLED backbencher Bruce Flegg's former lover is preparing to tell Queensland's corruption watchdog that the Moggill MP told her he was offered a plum post to resign.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Brisbane woman Sue Heath has hired a lawyer and will recant her statements to the Crime and Misconduct Commission that she was not aware of any offer.

Ms Heath's potentially damning testimony comes after the watchdog recently obtained one of Dr Flegg's mobile phones containing covertly recorded conversations.

While the watchdog previously investigated the alleged inducement in 2011, the recordings in which Dr Flegg discusses the trade post offer with a party official never previously emerged.

In a bizarre twist, the white Apple iPhone containing the recordings was also the same phone of Dr Flegg's which was lent to accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay.

The phone was given to Baden-Clay by the couple in April 2012 after police had seized his mobile as they investigated the disappearance of his wife, Alison.

"We did discuss it," Ms Heath told a committal hearing at Brisbane Magistrates Court in March. "We agreed that I'd lend him the phone."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...p-to-vacate-seat/story-e6frg6n6-1226664351144

The plot thickens! So Sue Heath is now Fleggy's former lover and secondly, she is going to recant her statement to the CMC about what Flegg was really up to within the LNP. It makes me wonder just how much truth there was in the evidence they both gave at GBC's committal hearing? Was it peppered with half truths and omissions? And to think that GBC had possession of that phone with the taped calls stored on it. Gawd he missed a golden opportunity to obtain a 'loan' from Flegg didn't he?

"Swap ya the phone for $400,000."

Then again GBC probably knows plenty about Fleggy's dealings within the LNP, much more than any of us at first realised.

<modsnip>

My point here is that why did GBC think he could get an unsecured loan from Flegg? He was buying Manhattan real estate. Who owes who a favour.

On a lighter note a well known woman is accused by lawyers that she is lying about domestic violence because she continued to work with the alleged abuser. This report was buried on page 71 of the Courier Mail.

On Bne times is this

She said Mr Groves called her "f---ing useless" and "a waste of space" and punched her. He alleged bashed her head into an oven.
"That was the moment when I realised I had to leave the house at some stage," she said.

He later bought her jewelry and said it was her fault, she alleged.

Dr Groves told the court her husband had signed business documents for her in the early 1990s despite her objections. "It was probably several times a year ... It caused arguments," Dr Groves said.
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...-one-a-fortnight/story-e6frg6n6-1226642909627

In teary testimony this morning, Dr Le Neve Groves also claimed her former husband had held a knife to her throat and at another stage threatened to kill them both in a speeding car.

BREAKING NEWS.

Google Nigella Lawson choked in public three times plus he pinched and twisted her nose.

Quote Shocking pictures have been published in a UK newspaper appearing to show TV chef Nigella Lawson being choked by her husband during an argument at a London restaurant.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertai...igella-lawson-choked-by-husband-in-restaurant

Reposting the following link for those who may not have read it. It's been posted on front page of quite a few of our Aussie cases.

The link provides a wealth of information about what can & can't be reported on by media while a case is before the court.

1. Publishing matter likely to prejudice a fair trial

From the time somebody is arrested, charged or a warrant is issued, up to the moment when the court finishes dealing with it, the case is said to be sub judice. This is a Latin phrase meaning "under judgment". While a case is sub judice, you are strictly limited as to what you can report.

http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/medialaw_in_australia_03.html

Hi all

Just an update regarding the Guest Book - since my post about renewal being due I received notes from 3 members willing to support it, one of whom just went ahead and sponsored the Guest Book for another year.

Thank you kind people, nice to know that even though it is very quiet here now, there are still people who care enough to do things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member