Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 June - it is a year today since GBC was arrested, yes? Such relief accompanied by overwhelming sadness that day.

I guess they ( Baden-Clay ) are happy to agree to pay the legal bill from the insurance payout because then it would mean that GBC has been found not guilty. Small price to pay for freedom.

I certainly hope that some journalist somewhere is doing some digging to see how on earth this has come about. I can't see how it could possibly be all above board.

I guess they ( Baden-Clay ) are happy to agree to pay the legal bill from the insurance payout because then it would mean that GBC has been found not guilty. Small price to pay for freedom.

I certainly hope that some journalist somewhere is doing some digging to see how on earth this has come about. I can't see how it could possibly be all above board.

Fingers crossed the Newspapers have got it wrong, or is that just my wishful thinking :banghead:

Although I hate the thought of funding GBC's fight in court, I think it is very important that he gets a very fair trial. I think the BC's are the type who will drag appeals through the courts for as long as they can, and will be very vocal and accusatory if there is even a hint that GBC doesn't get the most appropriate representation in court. This is a complex case, and Legal Aid probably realise they need someone experienced and able to negotiate the minefield of evidence and lack of truth given by involved parties. It may even save them money in the long term making this decision.

BUT, on a personal level, he deserves stuff all. Wish he could just go straight to sentencing now. Life behind bars!!

I also think the LNP would not be doing anything to associate nor support GBC. They would want to distance themselves if anything.

Strangeworld I see what you are saying there. It still makes me sick to my stomach that this can happen. I'm disappointed in the legal system and hope to god the prosecution have their ducks in a row. I'm surprised the media hasn't jumped in this with more fervour. And how I wish Hawkins was here to provide a bit of insight into all this.

I think it's important that he gets a fair trial as well. This trial needs to be done properly so that he doesn't get off on some stupid technicality.

I do wonder though how he still gets to choose his legal team even if its Legal aid.

So if he is found guilty, he won't be entitled to the insurance money ? I imagine that would then pass to the children. In that case he can't pay for his high profile legal aid lawyer. We, the tax pay have funded that.

Whilst I'm happy for some of my tax dollars to go towards keeping this grub in jail I don't think it's very fair.

Yes, if he gets off he gets the insurance money and that pays for legal aid. If he is found guilty however what happens with regards to paying ? He won't be entitled to the insurance money so where is the money going to come from ?

It's all a bit worrying - yes a fair trial - but let's not forget Allison.
Legal aid should be just that not top gun lawyers and barristers unless they are doing it for the going legal aid rate and liking the kudos

My question is why do they need the best barrister money can buy? If innocent, and nothing to hide, why would you need them? I'm still trying to keep an open mind, but my god they just cast more and more doubt on his innocence with every single action and utterance. The gall is unfathomable. And perhaps sets a dangerous precedent? Is allison sandy still courts reporter? Wonder if anyone is doing a story on this. Very surprised none of the media is on this.

I really wish he had to keep his hands off Allisons insurance.
Allisons life was taken for it. MOO
That money IMO is the gorgeous little girls.

My question is why do they need the best barrister money can buy? If innocent, and nothing to hide, why would you need them? I'm still trying to keep an open mind, but my god they just cast more and more doubt on his innocence with every single action and utterance. The gall is unfathomable. And perhaps sets a dangerous precedent? Is allison sandy still courts reporter? Wonder if anyone is doing a story on this. Very surprised none of the media is on this.

It's my understanding that, while the case is still before the courts, journos/media are very limited with what they can actually report on. I've no doubt some of the journos are doing some serious digging around but whether they can report it, at this stage, is another story.

Look at the Sica case, absolute thousands of $$$s was thrown towards defence which included a top barrister. What did all that achieve for Sica.... a guilty verdict & a life sentence. And his family is still throwing money at it!!

So let OW & co keep on passing the plate around....I have complete faith that justice will prevail for Allison with our man Danny Boyle at the helm.

It has been reported Mr Baden-Clay and his family requested Legal Aid appoint Mr Shields to the case.

If Mr Baden-Clay was to receive Legal Aid funding, the organisation could recover its costs by seizing the accused killer's assets.
The Federal Court is holding nearly $800,000 in trust from two life insurance polices for Mrs Baden-Clay until her husband faces trial.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...efence-team-20130613-2o5bz.html#ixzz2W3izJI3M

:stormingmad: This makes me so angry.

So, if for some insane reason, GBC is acquitted, or found guilty of a lesser charge, insurance is paid out to him as beneficiary under Allison's will, and then the lawyers (legal aid if granted) are paid out, which would swallow the bulk of the insurance/superannuation, and Allison's children would get nothing, unless GBC decided to be generous with the balance. As he was never generous to his family, this won't happen.

So really, it is all still about the money!!!! What an absolute sickening scenario, which ever way one looks at it. Wonder who his will is made to, or if he has made a new one since incarceration.

If he gets the representation he and his 'Oh, so we deserve nothing but the best' family want, then the teenager who is charged with Joan Ryther's murder is entitled to the same. Won't happen though, will it?

I am just so totally disgusted. :stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/publ...ocuments/LAQ-annual-report-2009-10-part-4.pdf
This is a public document, the Annual Report on Legal Aid Queensland 2009-2010.
Staff published as employed in the QLD Legal Aide Grants department include a Mr. Alex Baden-Powell.

Some of the functions of the Grants dept include Grants review: Reviewing our grants operations to improve business processes and increase cost
efficiency. This included the following:-
1. Refining legal aid application processes for family and criminal law matters;
2. Changing the guidelines for grants of aid in some criminal law matters from January 2010.

Interesting that name Baden-Powell.

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/publ...ocuments/LAQ-annual-report-2009-10-part-4.pdf
This is a public document, the Annual Report on Legal Aid Queensland 2009-2010.
Staff published as employed in the QLD Legal Aide Grants department include a Mr. Alex Baden-Powell.

Some of the functions of the Grants dept include Grants review: Reviewing our grants operations to improve business processes and increase cost
efficiency. This included the following:-
1. Refining legal aid application processes for family and criminal law matters;
2. Changing the guidelines for grants of aid in some criminal law matters from January 2010.

Interesting that name Baden-Powell.

Great Sleuthing Fuskier :rockon:

:notgood:

Hi folks, I'm dropping by after a very long absence and just dealing with 'life'. Have still been following the case but haven't had the time to keep up here. I hope to comment occasionally from now on.

One of the things that has sparked my return is that I received this email the other day, from Legacy.com

The Guest Book you sponsored will soon go offline.
You can make sure it stays available for family and friends to enjoy.
Thank you for sponsoring the Guest Book of Allison (Dickie) BADEN-CLAY, enabling family and friends to continue reading and adding entries throughout the year.
The Legacy.com team wanted to remind you that your sponsorship will expire on 17/06/2013 in case you want to read or print the Guest Book prior to it going offline. You may also extend your sponsorship for another year.

Keep the Guest Book Online
Visit the Guest Book
http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/couriermail-au/guestbook.aspx?n=allison-baden-clay&pid=157500203&eid=viewgb

The reason I received the email was because I had sponsored this memorial Guest Book for a couple of months. After that some of the members here, calling themselves "The Sunflower Mums" put in and shared the cost to keep the Guest Book for a year. It expires on the 17th of this month and only costs $29 to renew for another year.

I wondered if anyone or a few others would be willing to keep it going? I would do it myself but I am broke as I have had lots of family medical expenses, and have also just sponsored another Guest Book for a family friend.

I just thought it might be nice to keep it going for another year, or alternatively if someone can let let Allisons brother know it is there and that it can be made into a book (cost between $56 and $100) which could be a momento for the Dickie family, especially the girls. There are loads of very kind messages that have been left, with candles and sunflowers and other flower images.

Sorry if this type of note shouldn't be here, I just didn't think it would be seen unless I posted it here, and I think it would be a shame if the book just gets deleted. The poor Dickie family have been through so much and may not have even realised it was there or read any of the supportive messages. Whatever happens there is only 4 days to do something. I thought if it was renewed for a year then it allows time for the family to be contacted, and to organise a book at their leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member