Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Marly and others ,do you think Davis knows the truth or is all about money

It can only be an assumption, but with that disclaimer, I'd have to say that Davis isn't really setting himself up with a wonderful CV recently, is he? He was the losing prosecutor against Jayant Patel, he has lost two bail applications as defence counsel for GBC, and now he has taken on the Damien Leeding alleged killers. Can't see him gaining much traction on that one either.

So I'd hazard a guess that it's more about keeping his mortgage payments up each month, and keeping his name up there in lights, but of course I could be completely wide of the mark there and doing him an injustice.

It may also be that both Darren Mahony and Peter Davis have come to the conclusion that GBC is guilty, and if they KNOW that, as opposed to suspecting, wouldn't they have to drop the case? Ali?

It can only be an assumption, but with that disclaimer, I'd have to say that Davis isn't really setting himself up with a wonderful CV recently, is he? He was the losing prosecutor against Jayant Patel, he has lost two bail applications as defence counsel for GBC, and now he has taken on the Damien Leeding alleged killers. Can't see him gaining much traction on that one either.

So I'd hazard a guess that it's more about keeping his mortgage payments up each month, and keeping his name up there in lights, but of course I could be completely wide of the mark there and doing him an injustice.

It may also be that both Darren Mahony and Peter Davis have come to the conclusion that GBC is guilty, and if they KNOW that, as opposed to suspecting, wouldn't they have to drop the case? Ali?

thats what i was getting at a couple of posts back

It can only be an assumption, but with that disclaimer, I'd have to say that Davis isn't really setting himself up with a wonderful CV recently, is he? ... he has lost two bail applications as defence counsel for GBC ... <respectfully snipped>

In addition they lost for a third time, at the Committal Hearing. Their client was remanded and ordered to stand Trial for the murder of Allison Baden-Clay.

Yes I saw the same thing about 11.30 this morning and thought they must be putting in a parking bay. I remember some locals saying people occasionally fished there but I've never noticed it. It would be nice if it was some acknowledgement that people want to be able to keep being able to place tributes to dear allison there

I'm also wondering if it will be somewhere the police can put a speed camera as they sometimes set them up on the slope on Mt Crosby Road between Wattle Road and Bunya Street (which I've been told is illegal).

In the first interview GBC was asked what Al was wearing and said, of the pants "thry're like three-quarter length things. ".... "they're, her daggy old..."
What tickled me was that he then said "she bought some new Lorna Jane ones in black"..."But they're here"
I must be the queen of dag then coz I wouldn't know Lorna Jane if she bit me. How did he? Hardly relevant I expect unless they argued over the cost.
The autopsy described A as being 170cm tall (that's around 5ft 7 inches) and weight 72 kilos. But I am not sure if that was the (excuse me) weight of the body, or if they got that from her medical records. If the latter, then 72k is slightly chunky, not a size 12, and GBC said she was occasionally doing these walks to lose a little weight.

A lot of Lorna Jane clothes are well labelled with some kind of slogan/logo or just JANE or LORNA. My husband knows I wear Lorna Jane because 1. I complained about the price initially, but 2. I rave about them because they're so comfy so Allison may have done the same?

Also, I wouldn't say 72kgs at 170cms is chunky! Allison's BMI was 24.9 which is still in the healthy range.

A lot of Lorna Jane clothes are well labelled with some kind of slogan/logo or just JANE or LORNA. My husband knows I wear Lorna Jane because 1. I complained about the price initially, but 2. I rave about them because they're so comfy so Allison may have done the same?

Also, I wouldn't say 72kgs at 170cms is chunky! Allison's BMI was 24.9 which is still in the healthy range.

Agreed on the weight/height ratio. I'm 170 and at 82kgs im a curvy size 12, at 72kg I'm a curvy 10, small 12, at 62kg im borderline anorexic (and can only get to this weight in an unhealthy manner). Obviously i understand that we all have different body shapes and carry weight in different places. I'd love to be 72kg again, it's about perfect for me...

I too am wondering if the change of counsel is to do with the Recent court appearance. He must feel like a douche asking for legal aid!! Haha how the mighty fall! I also think its repulsive that they think they can choose counsel with legal aid... Disgusting!!

Well this is an interesting turn of events. If it is the case that Mahony and Davis have knowledge of GBC's guilt, are they forbidden to reveal what they know until the case is over?

It could simply be that Mahoney and Davis said they will defend him up to and including the committal provided he paid *advertiser censored* amount up front. The Bc family may have begged and scrimped to get that amount and Olivia said lots of prayers that they wouldn't need the legal team past the committal. All parties involved may have always known they couldn't afford the legal team if gbc was committed for trial. IMO!

It could simply be that Mahoney and Davis said they will defend him up to and including the committal provided he paid *advertiser censored* amount up front. The Bc family may have begged and scrimped to get that amount and Olivia said lots of prayers that they wouldn't need the legal team past the committal. All parties involved may have always known they couldn't afford the legal team if gbc was committed for trial. IMO!

Thanks Thinking. That makes sense. Yet there is still the frozen insurance money ($800,000.00?) that GBC can't get his hands on at the moment. Wouldn't that be a large carrot to entice Mahoney to continue his representation?

Did anyone other than me notice that the trust fund has changed names again and banks?

Did anyone other than me notice that the trust fund has changed names again and banks?

These are the details of the account published in The Australian.

Donations can be made to the Baden-Clay Trust Account through the NAB to BSB: 084 737, account: 943084078

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-daughters-trust/story-e6frg6n6-1226660987657

Below are the details of the trust account taken from Marly's signature.

Donations can be made to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal.
Sanction No. CP5609, BSB 084 737, account 133196502

Hmmm. the account number is different.

good spotting Flinders. The BSB is the same but account number is different to the details Marly has on her posts.
One is an Appeal the other is a trust. MOO

:blushing: Makara you explained it so much better than I did :tyou:

good spotting Flinders. The BSB is the same but account number is different to the details Marly has on her posts.
One is an Appeal the other is a trust. MOO

Yep, that makes sense and the money from the appeal would then be deposited into the trust account.

My post here is quick. Re Allison being chunky... My best friend from high school was a model in the US. A good friend in my early 30's was reluctantly retired from ballet. Model friend does not like to eat or gain muscle. In Ballet you have to eat to sustain your body. Allison's and my friends would never know know Lorna Jane. It is for more runners or wannabes.

Im not a runner or a wannabe and I LOVE Lorna Jane clothing. I dont think we can say Allisons friends would never know what Lorna Jane was either.
Isnt there a store in Indooroopilly? MOO

Im not a runner or a wannabe and I LOVE Lorna Jane clothing. I dont think we can say Allisons friends would never know what Lorna Jane was either.

Ahhh great I'm a wannabe too, as with most of the women that go to my gym!!

There's a store at Indro, Mt Ommaney, Riverlink, DFO - they're everywhere.

Indro has all for sale I am sure. TM said on the stand that money was not spent on the marital home. If I had a 1 or 2 kids in an activity that cost a lot more than kids in cross country, but my pillow talk was about running as in LJ. Runners like LJ. Moo

So who can guess when dancing fees are due? Would anyone be publicly embarrassed that fees were not paid ergo not needed?

Would this have anything to do with why they were in court a few weeks ago I wonder? Or perhaps it could have had something to do with creditors and other financial issues. But probably more likely contact arrangements with the children.

Interesting, that may well be the reason - I think that as JM Lawyers are on record as acting for GBC, they can only withdraw with the Court's consent. And the sooner the better as to give new reps the max time to take over the brief as well as not giving cause to even further delay setting a trial date.

As to the money issue, it would be usual to request fees up front - cash or a bank guarantee etc and I guess the BC family coffers have run dry.

The insurance moneys really aren't in the picture. They are frozen and their release will depend on the outcome of the trial. I think we will find that if GBC were found guilty, the court would overrule any naming of him as a beneficiary of the funds - all to do with the rule that one should not benefit financially from killing the benefactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member