Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be lovely if they included an official memorial there for Allison.

The only thing I think about this is this... as caring people and adults, we need to mourn and gather as a group.

I go to Brisbane only once a year for work and stay in the CBD. Then I get taxis and the train. I saw last week that from the CBD, I can get a bus to Brookfield show grounds. So it might be more appropriate to have something there for us visiting.

My area are selling trees as a fundraiser. I bought one and I now will have my own spot for my grief of Allison and my family. Since Allison has died I have lost my Mum to cancer and the next day my 40 year old brother died of a heart attack from grief.

My thoughts are with the Dickies and especially Ashley.

Drove over the bridge this morning and there were a reasonable amount of workers there and "slow down roadworks" type signs. On my way back over again this afternoon I see that they appear to have placed bitumen in the area where you can pull over and park by the bridge - the area that previously was prone to becoming quite overgrown. Have any other locals seen this?

I have been wondering what is going on here also, I personally don't think this is a happy place and really don't like driving over the bridge anymore,but don't have a choice. I know it was ABC final resting place, but what a horrible place to remember such an amazing woman. It will be interesting to see what eventuates.

There are so many ways to look at the memorial. I know some who have lost a loved one and like to memorialise the place where they were found (like after dying in a car accident), whereas others prefer the place they spread ashes. I guess each to their own.

I can picture her girls in future years, when they are stronger and more mature, going to that bridge at some point, and it would nice if there was something positive there, that they could attach the wonderful spirit of their mother to and not the horrible actions of their father.

But I do like the showgrounds as an option for the public.

The only thing I think about this is this... as caring people and adults, we need to mourn and gather as a group.

I go to Brisbane only once a year for work and stay in the CBD. Then I get taxis and the train. I saw last week that from the CBD, I can get a bus to Brookfield show grounds. So it might be more appropriate to have something there for us visiting.

My area are selling trees as a fundraiser. I bought one and I now will have my own spot for my grief of Allison and my family. Since Allison has died I have lost my Mum to cancer and the next day my 40 year old brother died of a heart attack from grief.

My thoughts are with the Dickies and especially Ashley.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses of your mother and brother - that is very much a heartbreaking situation. I hope you have family and friend support to assist you during this difficult period, although you will always mourn and miss your mother and sibling. I am sure that we all feel for you Flinders. :grouphug:

I was also wondering what was going on with the bridge too and my guess was turning it into bitumen.

I have not seen any fishermen at the bridge since we were hit with the floods of January 2011.

A new digital experience for readers at couriermail.com.au

MICHAEL CRUTCHER, EDITOR
THE COURIER-MAIL
JUNE 03, 2013 1:20PM
121 COMMENTS

From today, couriermail.com.au will offer digital subscriptions, providing a new world of subscriber-only content.

non-subscribers to couriermail.com.au can still access five stories each week for free. Reader registration will provide access to another 10 stories each week.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu..._Online&utm_content=news&utm_source=RoamMedia

I was also wondering what was going on with the bridge too and my guess was turning it into bitumen.

I have not seen any fishermen at the bridge since we were hit with the floods of January 2011.
For those locals who live close to Kholo Bridge: How are the flowers going at the Bridge? Is there a small group still maintaining them?

For those locals who live close to Kholo Bridge: How are the flowers going at the Bridge? Is there a small group still maintaining them?

They have moved the sunflower cross back safely out the way. The other flowers on the bridge railing are still there.

Did anybody go to the fundraiser yesterday? And, did anybody else notice that Mr Bosscher (not sure of the spelling) is representing Joanne Rhyther's alleged killer? Wasn't he originally going to have something to do with Gerard's defence?

Did anybody go to the fundraiser yesterday? And, did anybody else notice that Mr Bosscher (not sure of the spelling) is representing Joanne Rhyther's alleged killer? Wasn't he originally going to have something to do with Gerard's defence?

Yep Michael Bosscher was in the picture for a short time. GBC supposedly sought legal advice from him. Bosscher still has the accused in Daniel Morcombe case as well.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-baden-clay-team/story-fndo45r1-1226415091838

The fundraiser? This one? The Allison Baden -Clay Childrens Trust Brookfield United Cricket Club Match / Family Day Fundraiser
9 June at 11:00

It's this Sunday & I will be going with my daughter :)

The fundraiser? This one? The Allison Baden -Clay Childrens Trust Brookfield United Cricket Club Match / Family Day Fundraiser
9 June at 11:00

It's this Sunday & I will be going with my daughter :)

That's the one. Sorry, I thought it was last week.

Yep Michael Bosscher was in the picture for a short time. GBC supposedly sought legal advice from him. Bosscher still has the accused in Daniel Morcombe case as well.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-baden-clay-team/story-fndo45r1-1226415091838

I'm sure Ali will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he one of the two who were "ambulance chasing" GBC when he was first on remand? And isn't Bosscher the one who either went bankrupt, or went VERY close to it recently?

I suspect he may be actively chasing work in the cases that are high profile. I could name a couple of others who have built a career on doing just that - but I won't... :stormingmad:

I'm sure Ali will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he one of the two who were "ambulance chasing" GBC when he was first on remand? And isn't Bosscher the one who either went bankrupt, or went VERY close to it recently?

I suspect he may be actively chasing work in the cases that are high profile. I could name a couple of others who have built a career on doing just that - but I won't... :stormingmad:

Yep he filed for bankruptcy last year. He must have won the appeal to continue on as a solicitor.

Jul 22, 2012 3:30pm

ONE of Queensland's best known criminal lawyers, Michael Bosscher, has filed for bankruptcy and is appealing a Queensland Law Society decision to cancel his certificate to practise as a solicitor in Queensland

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/herald-sun/baden-clay-lawyer-files-for-bankruptcy/731268

I think both Bosscher & his boss were both ambulance chasers. Interesting article from back in 2007. It seems the same firm had the Dr Haneef case as well.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/the-odd-couple/story-e6frg8h6-1111115161569

Long time no 'see' everyone.
When does GBC go back to court ?
I thought it was this week.... :doh:

Yep he filed for bankruptcy last year. He must have won the appeal to continue on as a solicitor.

Jul 22, 2012 3:30pm

ONE of Queensland's best known criminal lawyers, Michael Bosscher, has filed for bankruptcy and is appealing a Queensland Law Society decision to cancel his certificate to practise as a solicitor in Queensland

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/herald-sun/baden-clay-lawyer-files-for-bankruptcy/731268

I think both Bosscher & his boss were both ambulance chasers. Interesting article from back in 2007. It seems the same firm had the Dr Haneef case as well.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/the-odd-couple/story-e6frg8h6-1111115161569

Thanks for looking that up, Marly. Yes, the one who handled the Haneef case was one of the ones I was referring to in my cryptic statement..! But another, VERY long-time and VERY well-known civil libertarian lawyer has built his career on seeking the limelight!

Bosscher must, as you say, have won his appeal against the Law Society ban.

He and Chris Nyst were the ones who went to see GBC in prison, and I gather they were unsolicited visits. Neither has been to see him again as far as I know. That sort of thing makes me puke - it's so blatant. Bit like me coming round to your place and trying to get you as my patient!

With all due respects to our own Ali (who ranks high on my list of respected legal minds), it reminds me of the saying that "99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name".... :blushing:

Hi alicat, I saw a teenager fishing there at this time last year. He might not be serious or regular though. His bucket didn't seem to be full :/

A bitumen area for parking would be great - whether for recreation purposes or for people wanting to pay their respects to Allison. Hopefully they are cleaning up the area too, as it was fairly overgrown when Indromum and I visited late April. It doesn't take long, a bit of rain and it's like a jungle again.

My kids and I are hoping to be at the Brookfield Showgrounds on Sunday. I went last year and we had heaps of fun - the burgers were fantastic! Spending money feels so great at such a wonderful event as this :)

Hope you are all well - it's terrific to pop in now and then, and see that there are so many people still here for Allison and for justice.

Thanks for looking that up, Marly. Yes, the one who handled the Haneef case was one of the ones I was referring to in my cryptic statement..! But another, VERY long-time and VERY well-known civil libertarian lawyer has built his career on seeking the limelight!

Bosscher must, as you say, have won his appeal against the Law Society ban.

He and Chris Nyst were the ones who went to see GBC in prison, and I gather they were unsolicited visits. Neither has been to see him again as far as I know. That sort of thing makes me puke - it's so blatant. Bit like me coming round to your place and trying to get you as my patient!

With all due respects to our own Ali (who ranks high on my list of respected legal minds), it reminds me of the saying that "99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name".... :blushing:

Hey Doc, thank you for the compliment but I have to respectfully disagree with your percentages. It is more like the other way around. And blushing is not going to work with me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog