Trinity Poague, Reigning Miss Donalsonville (GA) Facing Murder Charges in the Death of a Young Child - 19 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why does it take so long?
There are plenty of articles about why. This one's pretty short and easy to understand.

There are plenty of articles about why. This one's pretty short and easy to understand.

Thanks! It just blows my mind that it takes so long.

Thanks! It just blows my mind that it takes so long.
Basically, test, test, and test again. It's complex, precise work, and people's lives depend on it being done correctly.

If you want an idea of the ramifications when it's done incorrectly, not with biological samples, but with questioned drugs, How To Fix A Drug Scandal on Netflix is really interesting. Most people - myself included - have no idea how labs actually work and all the steps that have to be taken to test a single sample to ensure accurate results.

MOO

Basically, test, test, and test again. It's complex, precise work, and people's lives depend on it being done correctly.

If you want an idea of the ramifications when it's done incorrectly, not with biological samples, but with questioned drugs, How To Fix A Drug Scandal on Netflix is really interesting. Most people - myself included - have no idea how labs actually work and all the steps that have to be taken to test a single sample to ensure accurate results.

MOO
I will have to watch it. I just assumed it was similar to testing babies at birth.

Good question, five months seems awfully long. But then again, someone seems to have put this behind her and is attending pageants. Does no one know who she is and what she is charged with :oops:

Seems pretty ballsy to me ...
I agree! I can't imagine anyone not knowing who she is. Donaldsonville is not that big of a town.

I agree! I can't imagine anyone not knowing who she is. Donaldsonville is not that big of a town.
So flitting about town - doing ladies luncheons and attending public events is "normal" in Donalsonville - when you're charged with felony murder of a child? Or is this just another perk of being a pageant queen?

I'm not saying the townsfolk should stone her, I'm shocked at HER behavior. It's as if she just picked up in life where she left off, before this child's death. Who's her attorney, BTW?

So flitting about town - doing ladies luncheons and attending public events is "normal" in Donalsonville - when you're charged with felony murder of a child? Or is this just another perk of being a pageant queen?

I'm not saying the townsfolk should stone her, I'm shocked at HER behavior. It's as if she just picked up in life where she left off, before this child's death. Who's her attorney, BTW?
I cannot imagine this is normal. It's odd.

I seen the attorney's name prior on something and can't find it now. Not sure what her deal is. Does not make any sense.

SUMTER COUNTY, Ga. (Court TV) — A former Georgia pageant queen accused of murdering an 18-month-old boy has been indicted on multiple charges.

Trinity Madison Poague, 18, was arrested on Jan. 19, five days after Romeo Angeles was found unresponsive in her college dorm room on Georgia Southwestern State University’s campus. Angeles, who is also referred to as “Jaxton,” later died at a hospital.

[...]

In total, Poague is facing six charges: Malice murder, cruelty to children in the first degree, two counts of felony murder and two counts of aggravated battery.

SUMTER COUNTY, Ga. (Court TV) — A former Georgia pageant queen accused of murdering an 18-month-old boy has been indicted on multiple charges.

Trinity Madison Poague, 18, was arrested on Jan. 19, five days after Romeo Angeles was found unresponsive in her college dorm room on Georgia Southwestern State University’s campus. Angeles, who is also referred to as “Jaxton,” later died at a hospital.

[...]

In total, Poague is facing six charges: Malice murder, cruelty to children in the first degree, two counts of felony murder and two counts of aggravated battery.

My goodness. Much more severe than an accidental fall off the bed.

This article has the 4 page PDF indictment viewable: Former Miss Donalsonville faces 6-count indictment, connected to death of 18-month-old infant

Trinity Pogue entered the not-guilty plea in a Georgia courtroom on Wednesday. She is charged with one count of Malice Murder, two counts of Felony Murder, two counts of Aggravated Battery, and one count of Cruelty to Children in the First Degree in the death of 18-month-old Romeo Angles.

Pogue has a tentative trial date set for October, and if found guilty, could face life in prison.

She's "maintainng her innocence"? No one else was in the apartment, so is her defense going to be the baby severely injured himself?

Trinity Pogue entered the not-guilty plea in a Georgia courtroom on Wednesday. She is charged with one count of Malice Murder, two counts of Felony Murder, two counts of Aggravated Battery, and one count of Cruelty to Children in the First Degree in the death of 18-month-old Romeo Angles.

Pogue has a tentative trial date set for October, and if found guilty, could face life in prison.

She's "maintainng her innocence"? No one else was in the apartment, so is her defense going to be the baby severely injured himself?

I think she'll try to claim it was some kind of accident, whether he fell off the bed or a dresser fell on him or who knows what. JMO

I think she'll try to claim it was some kind of accident, whether he fell off the bed or a dresser fell on him or who knows what. JMO
Regardless of whatever spin her DT tries to put on 'how" the injuries were sustained. The charges brought by the DA's office seem very specific. They wouldn't levy something that isn't backed up by medical evidence, IMO.

This will be an interesting trial, hope it's televised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back