IL - Sonya Massey Shot To Death In Her Own Home by Sangamon County Deputy After Calling to Report a Prowler, Springfield 6 July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe it has been said somewhere what paper work Sonya was trying to show them before they told her they did not want to die over a fire ..a few seconds before they shot her .I have not read it yet so if anyone knows please give me that shout out. 13.30 in the video is where most people would be better off quitting . The minutes before show she was afraid and could not speak her fears . Also the SUV ..does anyone have information of that issue?

ETA this budget is unhinged .
Risk based
internal control
cash ans investments ..
etc.. blah blah
AUDIT OPINION , IS HIGHEST opinion one could receive
UNRESTRICTED budget is 21 million , net pension , inflow out flow .. bull *advertiser censored*...
It even gets worse ...

Whomever child this is , please make her find more reputable work.This poor child does not even seem to realize there is a crap show happening .

Last edited:
I thought she called police because she suspected a prowler around her home.
She did. Sonya suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and was hearing things that were not there IMO Watching the body cam footage of her the day prior when interacting with police during a wellness check called in by a family member and that of the night of the shooting it is clear she was a bit off and things she was saying didn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe it has been said somewhere what paper work Sonya was trying to show them before they told her they did not want to die over a fire ..a few seconds before they shot her .I have not read it yet so if anyone knows please give me that shout out. 13.30 in the video is where most people would be better off quitting . The minutes before show she was afraid and could not speak her fears . Also the SUV ..does anyone have information of that issue?

ETA this budget is unhinged .
Risk based
internal control
cash ans investments ..
etc.. blah blah
AUDIT OPINION , IS HIGHEST opinion one could receive
UNRESTRICTED budget is 21 million , net pension , inflow out flow .. bull *advertiser censored*...
It even gets worse ...

Whomever child this is , please make her find more reputable work.This poor child does not even seem to realize there is a crap show happening .
I followed the first part of your post but the bit after the video link is confusing me, was this meant to be about another case?

I followed the first part of your post but the bit after the video link is confusing me, was this meant to be about another case?
No it was a board meeting following the shooting of Sonya. Probably should have left it out but I was really shocked after watching the shooting video .

No it was a board meeting following the shooting of Sonya. Probably should have left it out but I was really shocked after watching the shooting video .
gotcha. yeah that was a poo show indeed.

the public meeting on the 18th of this month to appoint the new sheriff looks to be a mess too. Folks are already fired up because our Board Chairman Andy Van Meter has declined to name all the applicants and has only made public his top 7 picks of those applicants. People feel that he should publish all the potential candidates the committee weighed, not just the ones they think were the best. I am curious to see who is named. IMO there are couple of decent candidates and some that I would prefer not to see appointed.

Last edited:
the first of what they are calling "listening sessions" to form The Massey Commission took place last night. link to the meeting (note long period at the beginning of the stream prior to the start, to skip it, go to the 10:00 mark)

MOO this is one of those "all those right people making the right noises" that won't accomplish anything exercises that I expected :( JMO

the first of what they are calling "listening sessions" to form The Massey Commission took place last night. link to the meeting (note long period at the beginning of the stream prior to the start, to skip it, go to the 10:00 mark)

MOO this is one of those "all those right people making the right noises" that won't accomplish anything exercises that I expected :( JMO
Pretty sure you just ruined my families next vacation . Someone has to listen, but who and for why?
I know your right...I watched one. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOda60