Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is it about the new memorial that will make it safer? Better parking? Less distracting for drivers?

I still have some yellow flowers I bought ages ago.

Suffocation and Smothering & Forensics

This can be anything from an assailant's hand to a pillow, plastic sheeting or even a plastic bag - basically anything that can and will restrict the flow of oxygen into the lungs and likewise to the brain.

If suffocation or smothering has taken place then the eyes of the deceased will be bloodshot; this is a common way of accurately determining that one of these methods has been employed.

Throughout the investigation of a death by suffocation or smothering the pathologist will look for the tell tale signs: the bloodshot eyes, the high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood and will also look for bruising around the nose and mouth and may even collect trace evidence such as hairs and fibres from around the nose and mouth of the deceased.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/suffocating-and-smothering.html

Adding this.. I have read from 60 minutes just now that a tell tale sign of suffocation is the inside of the lips show signs of the teeth imprints during the struggle.

As I have read, Dr W mentioned that ABC's face was in such a state that the inside of her lips will not be in evidence.

:twocents:

I think from reading this in the news today that the trial of GBC will not commence until the new year. Moo

DANIEL MORCOMBE TRIAL
Brett Peter Cowan, 43, will face court from November 6, with the proceedings expected to last about a week.
It will give his lawyers and prosecutors the chance to hear arguments before the matter goes to trial, which has previously been estimated to last six weeks.

Read more http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queen...date-set-for-murder-trial-20130719-2q8e6.html

I could be wrong of course.

Any ideas on how long GBC's court proceedings will likely take with so many witnesses?

With all due respect J-Diggety, I would like to humbly disagree with you.
I am no-where near Brisbane or Kholo Creek Bridge, but if I were; I would like to pause right there. Add a flower or two. And it would be to remember Allison Dickie (unfortunately Baden Clay), and all that she represented. So much for womanhood, motherhood. And a woman caught up situation way outside her square. Her understanding. Her conception of what is right and proper, true and real.

You neednt disagree with me.

You are part of the low percentage that does have a big heart and who would genuinely go there to pay your repects. I admire that

My statement was about the stickybeaks who are purely there to have a gawk.

:twocents:

I think from reading this in the news today that the trial of GBC will not commence until the new year. Moo

I could be wrong of course.

Need Alioops - what is a pre-trial hearing? Is this something new that has been introduced to drag out the court proceedings even more. I thought things just went from committal to trial.

Any ideas on how long GBC's court proceedings will likely take with so many witnesses?

Liadan, when I was on a murder jury once, it took 2 full weeks; but he changed his plea halfway through the trial from 'not guilty' to 'manslaughter' so that sped it up a bit. However GBC's case is much more complex and if the committal took 6 days, we can assume that the trial will take a bit longer. AMOO. I wonder if there is to be a pre-trial like in Daniel's case.

You neednt disagree with me.

You are part of the low percentage that does have a big heart and who would genuinely go there to pay your repects. I admire that

My statement was about the stickybeaks who are purely there to have a gawk.

J-Diggety, I don't think this is about having a big heart. I just don't believe that this is a place stickybeaks would go to gawk - stickybeaks gawk at accidents etc.

Many people will stop and read a monument - it's not being nosey. I can imagine someone out for a Sunday drive and seeing a monument, drives in. They read it, look around and think "How sad". That's not gawking.

I have not been here for so long....but Allison will never be forgotten in this home.

Hugs to all of you while I am here.

Could have fireworks for the monument I think. :cheers::eek:kay::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2:

:welcomeback::juanettes:

Adding this.. I have read from 60 minutes just now that a tell tale sign of suffocation is the inside of the lips show signs of the teeth imprints during the struggle.

As I have read, Dr W mentioned that ABC's face was in such a state that the inside of her lips will not be in evidence.

I'm still checking in every few days and saw the above from Flinders.

If you've read the autopsy report (not recommended for those who may be a little squeamish, and who'd rather remember Allison as she was in life), the lips and most of the facial tissues were not useful for forensic purposes. I won't go into detail for obvious reasons.

I think everything is just on hold as far as WS goes, on this case. However, just because nothing much seems to be happening, don't be under the misapprehension that the case is on the back burner as far as the QPS and FSS (Forensic Science Services) are concerned - they are still working hard on crossing 't's, dotting 'i's, and looking into numerous other possible leads to make sure that this thing is sewn up tighter than a nun's knickers, as they say.

The main thing I find disconcerting is this whole withdrawal by GBC's legal team, his application for Legal Aid, and his demands for very particular (and senior) solicitor and counsel. I would love to see how this plays out eventually - particlarly if the Legal Aid system were to tell GBC that he takes whoever the duty solicitor happens to be on the day he is allocated one. And that is not inferring that the duty solicitor is no good - just that he shouldn't get a choice, IMHO.

Hello everyone....waiting quietly for Gerard to have his day.....
hope everyone is wonderful.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys, I haven't been here in awhile with work and family and uni about to start it's been a juggle. Hope everyone is well.

I like the monument and was actually a little shocked it was placed where Allison was found. A forum I'm involved in on facebook had a few people criticize it asking who is paying for it etc... It just sickens me to think people are having a whinge about something so little when someone has lost their mother, their daughter, their best friend... and no-one mentioned GBC being eligible for Legal Aid which will cost a massive amount more!

I think we will be seeing people illegally turning right in to the carpark on Mt Crosby Road, which could make it a little scary to drivers. People are still flying up my butt when it gets to the 60 zone and I've even seen overtaking on the bridge now. People are just becoming too impatient.

Hi guys, I haven't been here in awhile with work and family and uni about to start it's been a juggle. Hope everyone is well.

I like the monument and was actually a little shocked it was placed where Allison was found. A forum I'm involved in on facebook had a few people criticize it asking who is paying for it etc... It just sickens me to think people are having a whinge about something so little when someone has lost their mother, their daughter, their best friend... and no-one mentioned GBC being eligible for Legal Aid which will cost a massive amount more!

I think we will be seeing people illegally turning right in to the carpark on Mt Crosby Road, which could make it a little scary to drivers. People are still flying up my butt when it gets to the 60 zone and I've even seen overtaking on the bridge now. People are just becoming too impatient.

Some people I know where whinging because it took them longer to get to work while putting the memorial in. I was like whatever it's a good thing to remember her.

Need Alioops - what is a pre-trial hearing? Is this something new that has been introduced to drag out the court proceedings even more. I thought things just went from committal to trial.

Hi BN. Very good question and I had to look it up myself.

CRMINAL CODE - SECT 590AA

590AA Pre-trial directions and rulings

(1) If the Crown has presented an indictment before a court against a person, a party may apply for a direction or ruling, or a judge of the court may on his or her initiative direct the parties to attend before the court for directions or rulings, as to the conduct of the trial or any pre-trial hearing.

The below link is the rest of the relevant section that defines the possible issues to be dealt with at a pre trial hearing.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s590aa.html

I'm still checking in every few days and saw the above from Flinders.

If you've read the autopsy report (not recommended for those who may be a little squeamish, and who'd rather remember Allison as she was in life), the lips and most of the facial tissues were not useful for forensic purposes. I won't go into detail for obvious reasons.

I think everything is just on hold as far as WS goes, on this case. However, just because nothing much seems to be happening, don't be under the misapprehension that the case is on the back burner as far as the QPS and FSS (Forensic Science Services) are concerned - they are still working hard on crossing 't's, dotting 'i's, and looking into numerous other possible leads to make sure that this thing is sewn up tighter than a nun's knickers, as they say.

The main thing I find disconcerting is this whole withdrawal by GBC's legal team, his application for Legal Aid, and his demands for very particular (and senior) solicitor and counsel. I would love to see how this plays out eventually - particlarly if the Legal Aid system were to tell GBC that he takes whoever the duty solicitor happens to be on the day he is allocated one. And that is not inferring that the duty solicitor is no good - just that he shouldn't get a choice, IMHO.

I've been wondering if his request has been accepted or rejected. I don't think I've seen anything official. Anyone know? If not, when does this happen? I agree dr w, I think you should be appointed whomever is on the books and has capacity. It doesn't seem right to be able to choose your representation and have everyone else foot the bill. Moo.

I've been wondering if his request has been accepted or rejected. I don't think I've seen anything official. Anyone know? If not, when does this happen? I agree dr w, I think you should be appointed whomever is on the books and has capacity. It doesn't seem right to be able to choose your representation and have everyone else foot the bill. Moo.

True. But wasn't something written recently that now-a-days you can approach any solicitor to represent you. It's up to them whether they will accept legal aid payment. My understanding is that duty solicitors are more for minor things where someone turns up to court without legal representation, they have a chat, and proceed to court.

GBC's case will require heaps of legal preparation.

I've been reading the book 'Blood Ties' about murder within families and I can see which theory GBC fits into. It's an Aussie book and well worth the read.

Hi everyone. I hope this Twitter video link to a Ten News Qld story works. It's about today's "Wear yellow for Allison" day.

@tennewsqld: Allison Baden-Clay is remembered with her favourite colour http://t.co/E3tCP8y5rZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member