Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this BreakingNews. I'm curious to know who all of the people are mentioned in the list.

AGBOTI; ATKINSON; BADEN-CLAY; BARKER; BRIGGS; BUSH; CORMIE; ELLIOT; GADALETA; GILLHAM; HAYMAN; ILIC; JARRETT; JOINBEE; LAVELL; MAHONEY; MCHUGH; NGUYEN; PANGANIBAN; TELLEFSEN; TRAN; WILLS; AINSWORTH

I recognise Mahoney and McHugh and Baden-Clay of course, but the others have piqued my curiosity.

Atkinson & Ainsworth QPolice officers?

The court doesn't open on a public holiday so if the 9th is a holiday, it will start on the 10th.

At last a trial date is set!

I agree with you Doc and have said it myself, if you are innocent, time spent in remand would be a terrible thing. I am sure there are people there now who are innocent or will not be found guilty.

I am sure there are people there now who are innocent or will not be found guilty.

And that, right there, is a critical but real difference, right? Very well put there, Ali. Very tactful. :rockon:

Thanks for this BreakingNews. I'm curious to know who all of the people are mentioned in the list.

AGBOTI; ATKINSON; BADEN-CLAY; BARKER; BRIGGS; BUSH; CORMIE; ELLIOT; GADALETA; GILLHAM; HAYMAN; ILIC; JARRETT; JOINBEE; LAVELL; MAHONEY; MCHUGH; NGUYEN; PANGANIBAN; TELLEFSEN; TRAN; WILLS; AINSWORTH

I recognise Mahoney and McHugh and Baden-Clay of course, but the others have piqued my curiosity.

Do you remember last time GBC's case was in court. All I found was a tweet on the 'fashion' worn in court. They apparently couldn't report what was happening for 'legal reasons'.

I am guessing these people again can't be named. Similar to why we can't post on WS anyone other than a POI in relation to the crime of the murder of Allison.

They must have something to do with GBC but not as it relates to the crime at hand.

Moo

Century of scouting celebrated in outback Qld
By Chrissy Arthur

Posted 8 hours 50 minutes

A museum has been refurbished to mark 100 years of scouting in Longreach in central-west Queensland.

Celebrations will begin tonight in Longreach to mark the group's centenary and past members are travelling from overseas and across Australia to attend.

Group leader John Palmer says the movement began in Longreach in 1913, just six years after it was launched in England.

"It was in its infancy days - only six years after it started in England when Baden Powell presented in the world.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...celebrated-in-outback-qld/4970802?section=qld

The other surnames look like they relate to other cases (if you search on some of the unusual surnames, you'll see what I mean).

I think all the other names on yesterday's court list are for separate matters and its just a coincidence that some of those names are also connected with Baden Clay case. Albeit a very big coincidence I admit!

I think all the other names on yesterday's court list are for separate matters and its just a coincidence that some of those names are also connected with Baden Clay case. Albeit a very big coincidence I admit!

Thanks Alioop. This is what I thought also. Just a string of names for court.

Alioop, why would they need to having some witnesses on 3-4 Feb? Is this usual? Is that like a closed court or something. eg children's evidence???

The other surnames look like they relate to other cases (if you search on some of the unusual surnames, you'll see what I mean).

Yep - I googled some of the names last night - most definitely related to other cases :)

Alioop, why would they need to having some witnesses on 3-4 Feb? Is this usual? Is that like a closed court or something. eg children's evidence???

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Yep - I googled some of the names last night - most definitely related to other cases :)

Same here Strangeworld and yep, some of those names are linked to some weird behaviour.

Yes, and Toni McHugh and Darren Mahoney. Who are the others??

I thought it was for some creditor/s who need or request payment. The life insurance is held and was deemed to be held in trust by the court.

Moo

A single divorced mother has a right to petition that her claim to money loaned to someone in good faith should be paid. The frozen assets reaching 1m.

Moo

Will ttrial be streamed live?

No way in Qld. We don't even allow anyone to take photographs in court.

One state in Australia is now bringing live court coverage online for the public. It is in the ACT.

Moo

BreakingNews, from what I have researched online today... The 3 and 4th of Feb will not have any 'witnesses'. It is for the legal teams to present in court the 'things which we have an issue with'. I think it relates to a preventable adjournment.

Moo a Closed Court is where the only people present are the jury etc. No media or persons not in an official capacity are present.

I think if the children ever gave evidence, their words will not be reported by the media at that time. If a court reporter is in court during the trial where there is a child witness statement, they DO NOT report the statements of minors as part of their job as a reporter.

Just Moo.

I thought it was for some creditor/s who need or request payment. The life insurance is held and was deemed to be held in trust by the court.

Moo

A single divorced mother has a right to petition that her claim to money loaned to someone in good faith should be paid. The frozen assets reaching 1m.

Moo

All the matters in that list were criminal matters so they wouldn't be creditors seeking money owed to them, they are people with criminal charges against them.

From this courier mail article http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gerard-badenclay/story-fnihsrf2-1226723365598

"Justice Martin listed a pre-trial recording of evidence in relation to the case on February 24 next year.
He also listed two-days for a pre-trial hearing on February 3 and 4."

If correctly reported, then these are 2 different things, the 3rd and 4th are likely for procedural matters to ensure the case is progressing as it should. The 24th is for witnesses defined as special witnesses to give pre-recorded evidence prior to the trial. This is usually done for vulnerable witnesses for eg sexual assault victims or vulnerable children. The witness is examined and cross examined and then the recording is played at the trial to the jury. The accused person is not present in the same room though usually watches in another room by closed circuit TV.

The relevant section is 21A Evidence Act QLD
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/ea197780/s21a.html

From this courier mail article http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gerard-badenclay/story-fnihsrf2-1226723365598

"Justice Martin listed a pre-trial recording of evidence in relation to the case on February 24 next year.
He also listed two-days for a pre-trial hearing on February 3 and 4."

If correctly reported, then these are 2 different things, the 3rd and 4th are likely for procedural matters to ensure the case is progressing as it should. The 24th is for witnesses defined as special witnesses to give pre-recorded evidence prior to the trial. This is usually done for vulnerable witnesses for eg sexual assault victims or vulnerable children. The witness is examined and cross examined and then the recording is played at the trial to the jury. The accused person is not present in the same room though usually watches in another room by closed circuit TV.

The relevant section is 21A Evidence Act QLD
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/ea197780/s21a.html

Thanks Alioop. That is what I was thinking.

I can imagine that the selection of jurors will take up the first day of the actual trial. Then opening statements x 2, plus Judge's jury pep talk. The actual trial might get going after about 3-4 days. Wish I was selected for the jury. Of course I am very impartial in this case. NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452