Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic...guilty verdict in Damien Leeding trial!!

A JURY has found two people guilty for the shooting murder of a Gold Coast police officer following an armed robbery at the Pacific Pines Tavern

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-damian-leeding/story-fnihsrk2-1226725185117

Great news! Jury only deliberated since this morning. Still can't get over one of the defense lawyers saying even armed robbers should be able to defend themselves :banghead::banghead: I know how they could defend themselves - how about not holding up a tavern in the first place!!

Does this mean mandatory life sentence for both of them? (well, as much as 'life' is in the justice system)

Great news! Jury only deliberated since this morning. Still can't get over one of the defense lawyers saying even armed robbers should be able to defend themselves :banghead::banghead: I know how they could defend themselves - how about not holding up a tavern in the first place!!

Does this mean mandatory life sentence for both of them? (well, as much as 'life' is in the justice system)

Strangeworld, the sentencing is this Friday. I think they will get a heavy sentence - cop killing is not taken lightly. Yeah, you would think that holding up a tavern would over-rule the defending themselves angle.:jail::jail::jail:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-queensland-murderers-20120822-24lee.html (Aug 22, 2012)

People convicted of assaulting or murdering Queensland police will soon face harsher penalties, after State Parliament passed the Criminal Law Amendment Bill last night.

Under the new laws, the maximum penalty for a serious assault on a police officer will increase from seven to 14 years, while the non-parole period for a person convicted of murdering a police officer in the line of duty will rise to 25 years.

:clap: :clap:

Just curious - why would both the prosecution and defence BOTH want the counsellor's evidence deemed admissible? Can we assume they don't actually know what has been said and are both hoping it will strengthen their case? Although I'm guessing the defence would be able to get an idea from GBC as to what was said in his session and any sessions where they went together?

My guess is the prosecution want it to be admissible because it is very relevant at least generally to the state of the marriage and Allison's state of mind, perhaps to counter the defences suicide theory which they may not continue with anyway in the trial.

The defence want it admissible because he knows he was on his best behaviour and said he was committed to his marriage and trying to regain Allisons trust etc.

The prosecution will likely say he was just acting at his session as he was still cheating on Allison with Toni and other women.

At least with GBC consenting to the admissibility and maybe also Allison's administrator consenting, it makes it easier for the judge to rule it admissible if he can find a legal way around the prohibition in the Family Law Act.

I still often wonder when and if further arrest/s will be made?
I also wonder about Toni and how she's getting on with her life.

Is there any local info on the GBC's?

A new thread has been set up for Sylvia Pajuczok, a grandmother of five, who vanished while visiting friends on the NSW Far South Coast in 2008. Sylvia's case was featured on Channel 10's Wanted this week. I would love to hear your thoughts on this one.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9858792"]Australia Australia - Sylvia Pajuczok, 53, NSW Sth Coast, 23 Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sylvia-paj...924-2ubiy.html

I still often wonder when and if further arrest/s will be made?
I also wonder about Toni and how she's getting on with her life.

Is there any local info on the GBC's?

I wonder also. I was in court the day TM gave evidence at the committal. I wonder whether the defense will try to put her in the frame. She didn't appear all that bright in the witness box and obviously did not take notice when GBC told her it was over - see her statements.

Allison's monument at the bridge is complete and below is the sentiment engraved on the plaque. Thank you Brian for the transcription.

In loving Memory of

ALLISON JUNE BADEN-CLAY [DICKIE]
1968 – 2012
11 days of searching her body was discovered under this bridge on the 1st May 2012
No farewell words were spoken
No chance to say goodbye,
You were taken from us so tragically
And only God Knows why
A loving mother, daughter, sister, sister in law, wife, and dear friend to all who knew her.
Loving and caring in all her ways.
we love and miss her more each day.

Forever in our hearts.

Beautiful words. Thanks for posting Makara. She is going to be missed long after the trial by those that love her.....

Today is the 1st October 2013 - the day set down for the Hearing to determine the admissibility of the Counsellor's evidence.

Kate Kyriacou retweeted

David Murray @TheMurrayD
Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived in court for pretrial hearing @couriermail

David Murray
@TheMurrayD
Hearing will decide if family counsellor has to testify at murder trial next year.

GBC in court now for hearing to decide if relationships counsellor should testify. I expect given the nature of this legal issue that at the conclusion of the hearing the judge will reserve his decision to be handed down at a later time.

Edit. Snap Doc you are on the ball!

Kate Kyriacou retweeted

David Murray @TheMurrayD
Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived in court for pretrial hearing @couriermail

David Murray
@TheMurrayD
Hearing will decide if family counsellor has to testify at murder trial next year.

:please::please: MSM - a photo of GBC!! :please::please:

Justice James Douglas said he found it "bizarre" to argue a counsellor should not have to give evidence in a murder trial.

"A person on trial for the most serious crime really should be able to call evidence," Justice Douglas said.

"To try to say it's actually in the public interest not to, I find very odd."

The comments were made as barrister George Kalimnios, for Relationships Australia, argued the counsellor could not be forced to give evidence.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...r-should-testify/story-fnii5v70-1226730693253

This is likely the only court appearance that the defence and prosecution are wanting the same decision on a contested legal issue!

I'd say its looking good for the counsellor to be ordered to give evidence, the judge just has to work out how he can get around the prohibition in the Family Law Act.

And we now know that the police got the file notes by search warrant in May last year. Then the defence would have been given it with all the other evidence. So that's how they both know what is in the counsellor's file notes.

I think it is going to be interesting what the counsellor notes have to say about Allison and GBC's separate sessions with her. What did GBC say to the counsellor just DAYS before Allison was murdered? Hmmm.....

You'd hope that murder would trump counselling confidentiality, wouldn't you? They could always hear the counsellor's evidence in a closed court (if that's the term I'm looking for).

I've been racking my brain over why the counsellor did not want to share her vital information. Particularly as has been so aptly said "You'd hope that murder would trump counselling confidentiality" Thanks missfisher.
Is she more concerned about her future reputation as a marriage counsellor?
I find that highly unlikely given the adage: "Any publicity is good publicity."
Or is she embarrassed regarding the nature of her counselling?
Was it she who advised the 15 minutes (or similar) blocks of discussions? Or has that been mis-represented?
Has GBC exercised his "charms" on this lady also?
From my point of view, I would have much more respect for this counsellor person if she were to be Allison's voice, when Allison is unable to speak for herself.

Has GBC exercised his "charms" on this lady also?

If he did, and after I joined the discussion on another thread (the Morgan Huxley thread here on WS) where the young man had 14 girls on the go at once (allegedly), I'd just like to know what their secrets are. Must be an interesting life having women falling all over you merely by being in the same room as them!

Don't know whether to be envious, or not - except that GBC is in jail and the other young man is deceased.

On second thoughts, I think my monogamous state is probably ideal - less trouble that way :drumroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59