Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could some one please explain to me what this means/ referring to Thanks

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...urder-indictment/story-fnii5v70-1226702361337

A JUDGE will decide whether a person privy to confidential conversations involving alleged wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay's can testify at his murder trial, a court has been told.

Stella this statement may be referring to the marriage counsellor that Allison and GBC had been seeing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ress-tells-court/story-e6frg6nf-1226599736233

Also today, the court was told prosecutors no longer wished to call the Baden-Clays' marriage counsellor to give evidence. Her employer, Relationships Australia, had objected to her testifying and also to the tendering of documents relating to the counselling sessions.

Prosecutor Danny Boyle said the issues relating to her evidence would not be argued "at this stage".

The committal hearing continues.

Alison Baden-Clay's family 'relieved' case against Gerard Baden-Clay is developing

August 23, 2013 - 1:30PM

Mr Boyle said there was also a potential issue of confidentiality relating to one witness who is a counsellor.

He said it might involve an application under the Family Law Act and notices to the Attorney-General.

Mr Boyle also said he understood it was unlikely the trial would be heard this year.

However Justice Glenn Martin replied that would depend on other matters. He adjourned the case until September 20 for a review.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-developing-20130823-2sfsg.html#ixzz2clSCBS7h

Stella this statement may be referring to the marriage counsellor that Allison and GBC had been seeing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ress-tells-court/story-e6frg6nf-1226599736233

Makara, it also says that this person was present during a family court dispute. Could it be possible that maybe it was one of his parents/relatives in the custody family court dispute after Gerard was sent to remand? Was there a family court dispute before Allison was murdered? MOO

Sorry, just read above post stating it was indeed a counsellor.

Baden-Clay case referred to Supreme Court as prosecutors present murder indictment

Tony Keim •From: The Courier-Mail •August 23, 2013 12:22PM

A JUDGE will decide whether a person privy to confidential conversations involving alleged wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay's can testify at his murder trial, a court has been told.
Prosecutors told the Brisbane Surpeme Court a pre-trial hearing would have to be held to decide if a particular witness involved in counselling during a Family Court matter can testify at Baden-Clay's proposed four-week trial - likely to be held later next year.

Solicitor Peter Shields, for Baden-Clay, told the court the expected length of the trial was likely to be "decreased significantly'' due to a reduction in the number of witnesses likely to be called.

Mr Shields did not say how many were likely to testify, however, the Crown has previously suggested up to 285 witnesses could be called.

"I think the trial will probably take four weeks,'' Mr Shields said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urder-indictment/story-fnihsrf2-1226702361337

Just went to catch up on this thread today when I noticed it had 666 replies....very apt for GBC, I thought.

Anyway, happy to hear of the news today - hope everyone is really well. Imagine what we are going to be like after at least 4-5 weeks of the trial next year...oh boy, there goes sleep :lol:

And I had to be #666 didn't I? Sheesh. Thanks for pointing that out Strangeworld!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh poss, never could 666 relate to you :loveyou:

Isn't it great to see everyone pop back in here every so often. I've been visiting other threads to while away the time waiting for GBC's trial, and no other threads feel like 'home' as much as this one. Allison still bringing people together.

And I'm still keeping a beady eye on here too. I must admit that my ignorance of things legal has caused some confusion on my part - I thought GBC had already been charged with murder? And indicted? Or am I confusing that with being committed for trial?

All these legal terms and niceties are very confuzzling... ALI??? Help?

Also, on Channel 7 news tonight, they mentioned that he will only face the murder charge - the charge of interfering with Allison's body has apparently been dropped. And that also surprises me somewhat - I was assuming that it was a backstop charge to bolster the murder charge. So, either they are not sure they have enough evidence for the interference charge, or they ARE sure they have enough evidence for the murder charge...

Interesting... :drumroll:

And I'm still keeping a beady eye on here too. I must admit that my ignorance of things legal has caused some confusion on my part - I thought GBC had already been charged with murder? And indicted? Or am I confusing that with being committed for trial?

Also, on Channel 7 news tonight, they mentioned that he will only face the murder charge - the charge of interfering with Allison's body has apparently been dropped. And that also surprises me somewhat - I was assuming that it was a backstop charge to bolster the murder charge. So, either they are not sure they have enough evidence for the interference charge, or they ARE sure they have enough evidence for the murder charge...

Hey Doc, it's all a bit confusing isn't it? The way I understand it is that the committal hearing (in front of a magistrate) was to prove that the prosecution had sufficient evidence against GBC to send him to trial. The indictment is the submission of the case to a higher court, which is heard by a judge. A committal hearing is always heard by a magistrate, while an indictable offence is heard before a Judge. Make sense?

I'm also surprised that the interference charge has not been mentioned in MSM. Could it be that the journo's forgot about this important bit of info or has that charge actually been dropped? I hope not! Even if that charge only carries a two year sentence, I want it tacked on to GBC's murder charge. The threw Allison's body off the bridge. No dignity in death for Allison from the man she married and with whom she created a family.

Unfortunately I think that GBC will receive a sentence of no more than 15 years for unlawful killing, in that GBC did not foresee Allison's death as the outcome of his actions on that Thursday night last year. With time already spent in jail and if he behaves himself, he could well be released in 10 years if he in fact is found guilty.

Gawd I hope I'm wrong.

Just adding my 2cents. Allison was mentioned in 5 small paragraphs on page 9 of The Courier Mail. No details were mentioned other than the MSM reports from Makara.

But underneath the article in the CM was a lengthy article about Father's Day and how much children are cheap and spend more money on Mother's Day. God Bless the girls during the first Sunday in September.

Wow. Didn't know they (might) have dropped the interfering charge. Could they maybe be looking at charging someone else with this....

Wow. Didn't know they (might) have dropped the interfering charge. Could they maybe be looking at charging someone else with this....

BBM

That would be great because I personally believe that there is a 'someone else' who should be charged! I am getting a bit concerned about the trial and the fact that it has been mentioned in MSM that there has been a culling of the number of witnesses and now apparently the 'interference with a body' charge has been taken off the table. :banghead:

Makara, I share your concern too. Are the witnesses being culled by the prosecution or the defense I wonder? Or both?

Hey Makara
Your namesake little poss is still with us. Turned out she is a mountain possum so takes longer to mature. I think of you and the forum when I see her. She is our little sunflower.
Three orphaned possums were named after forum members. You know who you are.
All girls, just like Allison's babies.

August 23, 2013

A statement from Mrs Baden-Clay's family said they were pleased the case was progressing.

"The entire family has been, and continues to go through, a very traumatic time so we are relieved with this latest development as it represents another step forward in a long and difficult process," it said.

"Not a day goes by when we do not grieve for the tragic loss of our beloved Allison and we continue to be incredibly grateful for the support of the community, our extended family and friends in helping us navigate through this extremely difficult time in our lives."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/18620876/baden-clay-murder-trial-to-take-a-month/

BBM

That would be great because I personally believe that there is a 'someone else' who should be charged! I am getting a bit concerned about the trial and the fact that it has been mentioned in MSM that there has been a culling of the number of witnesses and now apparently the 'interference with a body' charge has been taken off the table. :banghead:

Just revisiting some old reports from May last year...

May 10, 2012,
Police believe Allison Baden-Clay's killer may have had an accomplice.

According to the Courier Mail, investigations into a second person's involvement in the murder and cover-up have begun.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/latest/13650017/baden-clay-killer-may-have-had-accomplice/

ETA:...I'm not finding any mention on any of today's reports/videos about the interfering with a body charge being dropped. We'll wait & see if it's mentioned in CM late night report or over the next few days. If we don't hear further we'll presume the charge still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!