Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how many hours that is away? Do you have any youtube links? I can't access local TV and I ask a lot of questions...:blushing:

Cheers :seeya:

About 5 and a half hours from right now

omg! This is a classic example of how perps insert themselves into investigations!!!!!!
(assuming it is the same Pedro Castro)
The site where investigators were digging was just .3 of a mile from the house where the women were being kept. :-/

911 operator did her job and send police over quickly. People really should find better things to do than bash the operator. She was not incompetent. And suggesting she should be fired (for what, doing her job?) is completely uncalled for.

Anybody seeing anything further about any findings in the back yard?

No sorry, but do a google image search and UK papers are showing LE forensics examining the front door. Sorry, I can't post links at the moment.

No sorry, but do a google image search and UK papers are showing LE forensics examining the front door. Sorry, I can't post links at the moment.

Charles Ramsey helped Amanda to break it, which is why it's broken and forensics are examining it.

Do you know how many hours that is away? Do you have any youtube links? I can't access local TV and I ask a lot of questions...:blushing:

Cheers :seeya:

The conference is at 9am Ohio time, it is 3:45am there right now. I'm in California so hopefully that is the correct time, 12:45am here.

Local TV? What is local from you? It will be on CNN and most big networks like it was all night, most likely.

My opinion of the 911 operator: I believe they should have kept Amanda on the phone until she was safely with the police. I also believe the 911 operator should have and could have asked more questions. Amanda was clearly in distress, stating she was kidnapped many years ago etc...

I wouldn't get on the firing wagon. But, there are many lessons that need to be learned from this case.

JMO

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_cuyahoga/ariel-castro-owns-home-where-missing-women-amanda-berry-gina-dejsus-michelle-knight-found

"Cleveland Police Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said that the FBI was at the scene on Seymour Avenue assisting with canvassing and interviews. He said statements were made that led officers to arrest the men."

"The house at 2207 Seymour will be an active crime scene for the next couple of days, police said."

"Castro was also arrested in December 1993 for disorderly conduct. He plead guilty to the charge."

LOL I have to go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be busy with all the stuff that will come out on this, Leila Fowler case seems like it might be breaking soon, and the verdict expected/hoped on State vs Arias.

This is such amazing news, it's almost impossible to take in.

So pleased for these girls families and friends. I am (perhaps foolishly) hoping that if the brothers were involved, more girls may be found at their homes. Maybe too much to ask for, but I can't help but think what Ashley Summer's family must be feeling right now.

As for the 911 operator - I wonder how many false calls she has dealt with in the past week/month/year/10 years? It's not common for people who have been missing for 10 years to suddenly call 911, so I can quite understand her seemingly calm and disengaged tone.

I look forward to seeing more of these young ladies and wish them all the best for a positive road to recovery.

911 operator did her job and send police over quickly. People really should find better things to do than bash the operator. She was not incompetent. And suggesting she should be fired (for what, doing her job?) is completely uncalled for.

I believe we could sleuth the budget for LE in the area. This person answering the call IMO cares and needs to work within their resources. She found the caller wasn't by herself. The next available police car will be sent. As a crime in action wasn't taking place ie. murder, robbery.

Thanks to the neighbours. It is up to us to care enough to get involved.

Oh yes, does seem weird. Not saying that because of hindsight either...to have all windows boarded up and it's not an abandoned house does seem weird.

BBM exactly... unless a storm is coming, isn't it kind of odd to have that many windows boarded up? Maybe if you have a kid that breaks a lot of windows or something but it's strange. Looks like it was done nicely too, not just slapped on real quick. Of course I have no idea if any or all of the boards on Google's 2009 map pic are still there today, but it really stood out to me.

I swore I read something earlier today about the house having some boarded up windows and finally found it again - thank you margarita25! Here's Margarita's post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9382774&postcount=406"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Alive OH - Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive![/ame]

The article: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/tv_station_reports_berry_dejes.html and the quote:

"Jannette Gomez, 50, who often visits family and friends on the street, said Castro would park his motorcycle and red pickup truck behind the house, lock the gate and enter the house through a back door.

Occasionally, he would turn on a dim porch light, but the house was always dark, Gomez said. Shades blocked the windows, and at least one window was boarded up. "

It breaks my heart to think of those poor girls being held captive at all, but it's even more chilling to wonder, were they up there in the dark behind those boarded up windows when these map pics were taken? Could we be looking at where they were 4 years ago? <shiver> IMO if they were at this house the whole time, it seems possible and even likely.

If this were my neighbor I'd probably just assume something was wrong with the windows and be thinking "geez fix them already!" Until the girls were found today it was probably just an annoyance or eyesore to the neighbors if they even cared about the boards. Hiding in plain sight.

-------------------------------------
ETA: please note that I got turned around in walkaround mode and this is the house next door. Sorry for any conusion.

Just heard this from a friend and no time to read, just wanted to say what a blessing for these families and girls (women) to be found. Miracles happen.

Unbelievable.....I am an older, sweaty Italian woman and I want to jump in Charles arms and give him a big ole hug!

My opinion of the 911 operator: I believe they should have kept Amanda on the phone until she was safely with the police. I also believe the 911 operator should have and could have asked more questions. Amanda was clearly in distress, stating she was kidnapped many years ago etc...

I wouldn't get on the firing wagon. But, there are many lessons that need to be learned from this case.

JMO

You would think that with a woman who appeared to be somewhat hysterical that the dispatcher would be soothing. But the dispatcher can't do that. To speak sympathetically to an excited or hysterical person can sometimes causes them to break down. And the dispatcher needed her cooperation. So she spoke firmly to her, trying to get as much info as possible.

I do agree that she should have stayed on the line with her until LE arrived.

I am not sure why that house is boarded, but that is NOT the suspect's house.

Wow, no kidding that 911 operator sucks. Way to completely fail at the most important moment of your career. You keep that girl on the phone until the police arrive!!!! How hard is that? Why is she in such a hurry to get off the phone?

I don't know, but my guess would be 1. because she had just verified that the girl was already at a safe location. 2. The girl was not in a state of mind to provide any additional useful information. 3. To look up the case number and provide that to officers (that can be heard on the second call at the end).

I believe general policy is to only keep the party on the line, if the crime is still in progress (it wasn't, since she had already escaped) or if they need more information. Trust me, from my personal experience, it is very irritating to have to stay on the phone after you have given the operator all the information you can.

If AC's fb hasn't been deleted yet, I'm sure it will be soon (as they seem to be in many cases I've followed).
Does anyone have a link to the brothers' fbs?

<modsnip>. For now bedtime is calling.

God answers prayers in mysterious ways.

I got the impression that the 911 dispatcher thought it was a hoax. :moo:

I didn't get that impression. If she though it was a hoax, she would have keep asking questions until she could be sure. I think the operator knew it was ligit. Thats why she wanted to get the call over with quickly and get officers moving on it ASAP. The operator was taking it very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member