Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More on Ariel Castro's daughter trying to murder his granddaughter:

http://www.ai.org/judiciary/opinions/pdf/11050802nhv.pdf

This all makes me wonder if this predator was preying on his own daughter since childhood - leading to her life long "paranoia" and depression, and if she was afraid that her father would do the same to her daughter.

Likewise, I wonder if he recently assaulted Amanda Berry's daughter and maybe that is what gave her the courage to make a break for it today. Hate to think so, but the mental issues of his own daughter are just too conveniently coincidental. Obviously something happened to her starting at an early age (in the article her mom is quoted as saying that she's been depressed and paranoid her whole life).

On Anderson Cooper's show the doctor said all he will say is four people are in the hospital tonight. So far there is Amanda and the other adult female said to be found, there is something up about the third female? A neighbor (claiming it was her aunt's phone that was used to call 911) said there was a 3 year old child and then a 9 year old who came out of the house. I'm sure the children would be in the hospital and the two found females. Has anyone confirmed the third female is actually found and alive?

edit--I just thought I guess the children can be at a children's hospital or something and this hospital has 4 adults but still was the third adult female confirmed?

I was just listening to AC interviewing the Uncle of the suspect and he seems very upset and distraught about the whole situation. I feel for him and the rest of the Castro family. Just sad all the way around.

I have a local friend who is a domestic violence advocate. She was held captive with her children for several years in California. She managed to find a way to get a note to the mailman who alerted police and that's how she got out. She has been on Anderson Cooper's daytime show sharing her story before, and profiled in the LA Times. She has been one of those out there at rallies here in Cleveland and helping keep the focus on Amanda and Gina. I don't know if she will be asked to help the girls but it makes me feel good to know that she is just one of the resources they have to turn to, especially because she is someone who can truly understand what it is like to be held captive for a long period of time.

This all makes me wonder if this predator was preying on his own daughter since childhood - leading to her life long "paranoia" and depression, and if she was afraid that her father would do the same to her daughter.

Likewise, I wonder if he recently assaulted Amanda Berry's daughter and maybe that is what gave her the courage to make a break for it today. Hate to think so, but the mental issues of his own daughter are just too conveniently coincidental. Obviously something happened to her starting at an early age (in the article her mom is quoted as saying that she's been depressed and paranoid her whole life).

I thought the exact same thing.

On Anthony Castro's FB page though, there are lots of pics of the whole family visiting Emily in prison, and Ariel has commented on all of them, professing his love for his daughter. Which could go either way, I guess.

On Anderson Cooper's show the doctor said all he will say is four people are in the hospital tonight. So far there is Amanda and the other adult female said to be found, there is something up about the third female? A neighbor (claiming it was her aunt's phone that was used to call 911) said there was a 3 year old child and then a 9 year old who came out of the house. I'm sure the children would be in the hospital and the two found females. Has anyone confirmed the third female is actually found and alive?

edit--I just thought I guess the children can be at a children's hospital or something and this hospital has 4 adults but still was the third adult female confirmed?

Yes, it was confirmed:

Police say a third woman found at a Cleveland home also had been reported missing and a man has been arrested.

Police say Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight were found Monday and seemed to be in good health.

http://news.yahoo.com/3rd-missing-woman-found-ohio-man-arrested-012915780.html

Breaking news here in Cleveland! Amanda and Gina have been missing for 10 and 11 years. The families have never GIVEN up! Also found Michelle Knight in the same home who has been missing for 12 years

Coming into this thread after a night out.

Just one word...

"Hallelujah!"

Yes, it was confirmed:

Police say a third woman found at a Cleveland home also had been reported missing and a man has been arrested.

Police say Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight were found Monday and seemed to be in good health.

http://news.yahoo.com/3rd-missing-woman-found-ohio-man-arrested-012915780.html

Thanks. So the neighbor who Anderson Cooper did a phone interview with said her aunt is the one who let them use her phone to call 911 and her aunt said there was a 3 year old or so aged child with them and then a 9 year old or so aged child came out of the house later. And Amanda's cousin outside of the hospital said something about an infant. Did they confirm two children being found?

Did anyone hear the 911 call from Amanda? Did the 911 operator seem any good? He/she didn't seem to try to calm her or anything.

Thank-you! I didn't want to be the first one to say anything. IMO this 911 operator should be fired. Here this poor, hysterical girl who has been missing for 10 years was crying out for help and all she kept telling her was "wait for the police to come and talk to them". Poor Amanda kept repeating who she was and all she said was "Yeah, I got that"..She told Amanda the police were on the way..Then repeated herself and said "I told you, the police are on the way". She should have stayed on the phone with her, in a calming voice, until the police arrived, yet she hung up..Poor Amanda..BUT, Yay.She is now safe!!!!!

Just waking up to this news, watching it on our Sky News here in the UK. Unbelieveable stuff - I don't have time to catch up on everything before work but sounds like this is a doozy of a case.

I was just listening to AC interviewing the Uncle of the suspect and he seems very upset and distraught about the whole situation. I feel for him and the rest of the Castro family. Just sad all the way around.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. The uncle seems distraught, the neighbors are in shock. And the son wrote that article about the missing. All seem in shock.

Well I knew we were going to hear from daily mail sooner or later.

no snark but what's your problem with the Mail? It's most definitely not my favourite paper but as a UK based person I find it carries more US stories than most of the others I read online (certainly more 'human' and less 'political' stories), which is why I often link to it.

Thanks. So the neighbor who Anderson Cooper did a phone interview with said her aunt is the one who let them use her phone to call 911 and her aunt said there was a 3 year old or so aged child with them and then a 9 year old or so aged child came out of the house later. And Amanda's cousin outside of the hospital said something about an infant. Did they confirm two children being found?

I've seen various reports and they all say different things.

I think tomorrow's press conference might clarify the issue of children and their ages.

I thought the exact same thing.

On Anthony Castro's FB page though, there are lots of pics of the whole family visiting Emily in prison, and Ariel has commented on all of them, professing his love for his daughter. Which could go either way, I guess.

does the facebook page still come up for you? for me says not found.

I have nothing of value to add. I just feel the need to show my interest and support for these young ladies, my heart goes out to them and their families, I can't even fathom their lives and the fear they've experienced. I am unable to wrap my head around the pure torture involved.

If AC's fb hasn't been deleted yet, I'm sure it will be soon (as they seem to be in many cases I've followed).
Does anyone have a link to the brothers' fbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710