Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kimster

I understand what you guys are saying about the reports of Michelle's family, but out of respect for Michelle, let's wait. Michelle might not appreciate what is being said about her mom and I'm sure none of us wants to make things harder on Michelle. KWIM?

Posted by: Salem

Following up on Kimster's post here - Michelle is very likely to find this thread when she is released from the hospital, has a little time on her hands, is sorting through this last 10 years and participating in LE's investigation. In fact, all 3 girls are very, very likely to find this website and read here as they try to catch up. It is very likely they are going to want to know details about the searches for them, kwim?

What that means is that we should not dwell on some things that are likely to cause them, and specifically Michelle, more distress. We need to move on from the conversation about the mom now and focus on the girls and the perps and where LE is going with this investigation.

When it is time, Michelle is likely to share her own thoughts about her mom. We should wait for that because Michelle has a LOT to process and we don't need to influence it, kwim?

Thanks,

Salem

:bump:

Yes I understand, but it didn't cost 50 to use a payphone at that time. All I said was it's a possibility whether the daughter stated it in the interview or not. MY thoughts on it.

edit: After hearing her plea of 'sorry' it just reinforced that thought to me.
edit: ugh, this isn't coming out right ~ I'm not saying she was aware or knew anything but that in hindsight now, IF she did have her dad come get her, she might feel somewhat responsible.
However, it's also VERY possible and probably more plausible that dad WAS following her.

She may have used a quarter to call her mom to ask for permission
and a quarter to call the dad for a ride.

The living room was a mess, the upstairs held a broken-down bed frame with a misshapen mattress — and a half-dozen deadbolt locks adorned each exit.

A close friend and frequent guest of accused Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro offered a grim glimpse inside the vile suspect’s Seymour Ave. home — which he visited four days before three women escaped captivity.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/castro-friend-horror-house-article-1.1339587#ixzz2StXd8eRu

Agreed. From a PR if not moral standpoint, the hospital will write off her medical bills. Hospitals deal with indigent patients regularly and they all have a procedure for them. She was held hostage and tortured for over a decade. So the need for medical care is not the issue. She has not been transferred to a long-term facility for continued care so I imagine her needs necessitate remaining in the hospital. She may have a combination of conditions and it is probably best for her to be in the hospital with access to specialized HCPs and care. Consistency and stability are likely key to her recovery. Shuffling her around would not benefit the healing process.

As information, all of the women have been treated at MetroHealth hospital. It's the local county hospital, funded in part with taxpayer money. MetroHealth is the facility that handles most of the uninsured patients in Cuyahoga County and payment is based on income level. They recently implemented a new type of Medicaid program that's able to automatically enroll new low income adult patients into Medicaid.

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2013/02/clevelands_metrohealth_gets_ok.html

MetroHealth is also the top Level 1 trauma center in the state, it's one of the biggest and busiest in the US. If you're in an accident in the area, MetroHealth is the place you want to be.

http://www.metrohealth.org/body.cfm?id=1066

I loved the bit I heard on TV here in Australia tonight where they said Gina learned to sew and had made pants and skirts for all of them.

any thoughts on what this means?

Michelle’s mother, Barbara, recently flew in from Naples. Barbara, who was interviewed by WKYC, said that Michelle was currently being treated for a mental-health condition. "By my understanding, she is having methro, methamphetamine—I can't even pronounce it—mental problems and there are some other problems, too, with her."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...otten-victim-cleveland-s-michelle-knight.html

Here is the actual video of that interview, doesn't sound like she ever said the actual word "methamphetamine" to me. Seems to be searching for the word and finally says mental.

http://www.wkyc.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2364712103001

Why do they have to do a paternity test to determine the father of Amanda's daughter? Amanda knows and probably told them. I don't quite understand why the test. Has he denied being the father?

I think they are going to use it in the trial as evidence of the sexual abuse.

@clancycnn: Daughter of suspect in 'House of Horrors" case in U-S sympathizes with victims, says father 'dead' to her. http://t.co/kNAjB4AcXL

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Watching the interview with Amanda Berry's grandma and her saying she is not sure when she will be able to get to see Amanda or great granddaughter made me sad. I wonder if the family in TN need help with plane tickets or a place to stay (if so I bet many people will be willing to help) or if its b/c they just want to give Amanda some space and to allow the little girl to adjust to this new life before they bombard her with more people.

It all seems so odd, yet common. Police neee to reach out to 'problem' areas, and we, as citizens, must be vigilent

She may have used a quarter to call her mom to ask for permission
and a quarter to call the dad for a ride.

I read this:
In the United States, the coin rate for a local direct-dialed station-to-station call from a payphone has been 50¢ in most areas since mid-2001
Here:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payphone"]Payphone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Why do they have to do a paternity test to determine the father of Amanda's daughter? Amanda knows and probably told them. I don't quite understand why the test. Has he denied being the father?

He did actually tell his own daughter that it was his girlfriends child by another man, so I guess in a sense, he dendied it at one time.

Gregg said that she never saw signs of the 6-year-old at her father's house and that she never saw her with him. But about two months ago, he showed her a picture in his cell phone.
Gregg asked who it was.
Her father told her that the girl was his girlfriend's child by somebody else.
"I figured at the most he had an illegitimate child out there, you know, and I would find out eventually," Gregg said.
She asked him to get a paternity test. She wanted to know if she had another sister out there somewhere.
Now she knows that she does.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-suspect-daughter/index.html

This proves that the police didn't even try. There were people that took down license plates, there was a description that fit his perfectly, yet they ignored all of the leads. I do not believe them when they say there were no calls from neighbors. I hope that all witnesses to the abductions or anyone who was suspicious of him in that neighborhood continue to speak out to show the truth of the indifference of the police. I also hope that this will be wake up call to all police departments who are given the responsibility to find missing people.

@Cathyin...
While that may be true, no one ever thought to connect him to the missing, not even the family of one of the girls... he stayed under the radar

I maintain that all 3 women had specific roles to him and his abusive desires. I can't figure out Gina's role but Amanda was the woman he chose to have his child, this tied her to him (in his head) forever. The child was the leverage. Michelle was his punching bag, someone he could emotionally abuse and see results. I am up in the air whether she had been pregnant or just led to believe she was. They were malnourished and under tremendous stress, it's highly likely her periods were absent and he taunted her - made her believe she was pregnant and then beat upon her saying he was killing the baby. Logically I don't see him purchasing pregnancy tests and no one has come forward and said they noticed him doing so. JMO

I think he took Gina and almost immediately regretted it. But once he took her, he couldn't let her go. I don't think he abused Gina as much as the other 2, and I think this is probably why she said she never thought she was pregnant. And I think you are right about the other two. Michele was someone he physically punched and beat, while Amanda was his "girlfriend". He did say that the daughter was his girlfriend's child. Maybe that's how he viewed it in his own head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024