Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have seen Gina before, but he wasn't that close to his kids, so he may not know her friends. Also, I read somewhere that he thought Gina was older. Now if he knew her a his 14 year old daughters friend, he would have known thar she was 14.

If he claims he didn't know how old Gina was, I don't believe it.
Anyhow, it doesn't matter. After he found out, he obviously didn't let her go. And I presume he did know her as his daughter's friend. According to what has been reported about Gina, that's how he lured her into this car. He promised he would take Gina to see his daughter.

On TV, perhaps. IRL however, plea bargains are quite common, greater than 90% according to this law professor ( link ). Moreover, both defending and prosecuting attys would rather plea bargain, as, once a case goes in front of a jury, it's anyone's guess (as is evidenced by the seeming slam dunk of the Casey Anthony & OJ Simpson trials). And finally, trials are not only more costly but time consuming, as well. So, if the defendant does choose trial by jury, the case can end up being tried years later. Generally, after the defendant waives their right to a speedy trial.

I understand plea bargaining is very common. I'm talking about someone just pleading guilty to all charges to avoid a trial. I just don't think it happens much.

As I recall they found some videos in Devlin case. After that there really was no defense left for him. Also I don't think he wanted his family to know all the things he was doing. We could have the same here. Ariel Castro has a lot of relatives. Lets hope he decides to spare them and just pleads guilty to everything.

I hope he does too.

Thats the hardest part of these stories for me to understand. Why would anybody accused of a crime like this want to go to trial? There is a 99% chance that they would be convicted anyway. Just to sit in a court room for months listening to witnesses discussing their depraved acts, in front of the entire world. I guess the type of people who commit crimes like this just have no shame at all.

Pardon me, (pretending to be patient, but very curious) what pictures compared to mug shots? is there a link somewhere?

Thank you.:blushing:

Hey His. I was curious too and I must say it does look a lot like him. More than some sketches compared to many perps when caught. I'd give them an A. He does appear more AA than his own heritage in the sketch though. (with my little eye I spy...)

Castro_2557955b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...seven-years-as-police-say-he-acted-alone.html

IMO he has no defense at all. I don't see this going to trial. What can they say in his defense?

1. They got in the car willingly
This would be irrelevant because at the point and time they were held unwillingly, it is considered kidnapping.

2. They were at the home on their free will.
Now, imagine them trying to argue this with bolted, locked doors and chains plus a ton of evidence we don't know about that was found in that home. Plus there are 3 girls to testify against him so it's not like a one on one.

I think even without murder charges, they can put this guy away for life, so I really just don't see a trial in the case. I think there will be an initial not guilty plea entered which is customary and then he will plead guilty and sentenced.

Hey His. I was curious too and I must say it does look a lot like him. More than some sketches compared to many perps when caught. I'd give them an A. He does appear more AA than his own heritage in the sketch though. (with my little eye I spy...)

Castro_2557955b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...seven-years-as-police-say-he-acted-alone.html

I would try n put that sketch against a younger photo of Castro. It was 10 yes ago and although his fave was not as round. The lines around the mouth ECt. I def don't understand how someone could have missed this

Still bothers me that IF what was reported re: Gina stating that Castro was there with them and then came back...why Arlene didn't mention it in her interview with AMW ~ but that she did tell LE that they were with her step-father.

I missed this--where was it reported that Castro was with Arlene and Gina before the kidnapping? TIA!

Agree. When you compare side by side, somewhat of a resemblance. But yes, its probably similar to lots of guy, in Cleveland and elsewhere.

I know quite a few guys that resemble the sketch on the west side of Cleveland... :/

Dramatic cell-phone video emerged yesterday, showing cops busting down the door of accused kidnapper-rapist Ariel Castro’s house of horrors, leading to the rescue of three brutalized women.

Officers could be seen ramming Castro’s door one week ago today, ending a decade of sadistic confinement for Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

Jasmina Baldrich’s iPhone also captured a grainy image of Berry clutching her little girl, Jocelyn, as she’s led away by good-Samaritan neighbor Charles Ramsey. It was the 27-year-old Berry’s first taste of freedom in a decade.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/amanda_rescue_1StYYbvUMOgUGvYp5aLhZK

I hope he does too.

Thats the hardest part of these stories for me to understand. Why would anybody accused of a crime like this want to go to trial? There is a 99% chance that they would be convicted anyway. Just to sit in a court room for months listening to witnesses discussing their depraved acts, in front of the entire world. I guess the type of people who commit crimes like this just have no shame at all.

He is keeping his head down. He looks ashamed. Hopefully he pleads guilty and the world doesn't have to hear what went on in the house.

I know quite a few guys that resemble the sketch on the west side of Cleveland... :/

I understand that; but why was he not questioned being the father of the girl that was last see with Gina??
All of Gina's friends and their immediate family should have been questioned in her disappearance.
He was not, why??
Plus the sketch looks just like him!
Someone saw him to derive at that sketch, if he was put in a line-up, he may have been easily identified by that person that obviously saw him.

Sure would be interesting to hear that person's point of view now that he has been revealed.

I understand that; but why was he not questioned being the father of the girl that was last see with Gina??
All of Gina's friends and their immediate family should have been questioned in her disappearance.
He was not, why??
Plus the sketch looks just like him!
Someone saw him to derive at that sketch, if he was put in a line-up, he may have been easily identified by that person that obviously saw him.

Sure would be interesting to hear that person's point of view now that he has been revealed.

Yes, the witness who saw the abduction could have recognized him from the line up.

On TV, perhaps. IRL however, plea bargains are quite common, greater than 90% according to this law professor ( link ). Moreover, both defending and prosecuting attys would rather plea bargain, as, once a case goes in front of a jury, it's anyone's guess (as is evidenced by the seeming slam dunk of the Casey Anthony & OJ Simpson trials). And finally, trials are not only more costly but time consuming, as well. So, if the defendant does choose trial by jury, the case can end up being tried years later. Generally, after the defendant waives their right to a speedy trial.

Yes, exactly. I've been clerking at a criminal defense firm for over two years. We've had approximately 2-3 trials a year, if that. The vast majority of cases are plea bargained, because the vast majority of defendants are guilty. Criminal defense lawyers are all about mitigating punishment, not urging clients to plead not guilty, all the time. An initial plea might be not guilty, but that's simply to extend the time to negotiate. And like shadowraiths said, the time from arrest to trial takes quite a bit of time.

Aside from the facial hair, I dont' think the sketch looks at all like Ramsey. Every facial feature is different as is the shape of the face.

Aside from the facial hair, I dont' think the sketch looks at all like Ramsey. Every facial feature is different as is the shape of the face.

It's a sketch, not a portrait.
I think it resembles him enough that somebody could have made the connection between his daughter being the last person to see Gina and him.
His daughter was on AMW, for crying out loud. Describing to however many viewers that she was the last person to see Gina.
How no one made the connection is beyind my understanding.

I would try n put that sketch against a younger photo of Castro. It was 10 yes ago and although his fave was not as round. The lines around the mouth ECt. I def don't understand how someone could have missed this

There is a younger picture of him in front of the door, and I actually think it looks less like a younger him. Oddly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc