Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH! They are talking about Castro being the father of the minor child - The camera goes to him, and he is almost grinning! :devil:

Me too! He acted like it was no big deal! :eek: That's why I wanted him to shut up and sit down.

Exactly! She had to have been further along. :maddening:

I think so too, especially since she saw/experienced the treatment with the first pregnancy. Do they think she would have said anything about the subsequent ones? I'm thinking probably not.

FBI agent Andrew Burke on stand now.

He was part of the task force.

He was notified when the women were located and was on scene in fifteen minutes.

The women were in the ambulances when he arrived.

The court is shown a view of the block where the house is located (it's amazing how close it is to the neighbors).

Upon the discovery the officer(s) began writing warrants for the home etc.

The officer is asked about the immediate needs of the victims....that evening there were medical needs that needed to be attended to. They needed clothing and shoes and somewhere safe to stay as it was anticipated there would be a large media presence.

FBI arranged for hotel rooms, transportation, security and then a few days later the return to the homes of their loved ones.

Burke: "can't turn off ten years of systematic psychological and sexual abuse like a light switch".

The house:

Attachments

• Castro house.jpg
    Castro house.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 48
I'm so surprised that more people here aren't following this. Only 24 on this thread!

They have been showing pictures of the inside of the house. I can't do any screen shots.... Sorry!

He wrote a letter describing himself as a sexual predator. It was found in the house.

Now showing one of the helmets. :maddening:

UGH! They had their own little economy in the house. He would throw money at them on occasion after he sexually assaulted them. :maddening:

Andrew Birk (sic?) from FBI task force. brief overview course of history of this case - from 2002. FBI involved Amanda Berry in 2003 and Gina DeJesus in 2004. Young ages of the victims and suspicious circumstances surround disappearance, conducted numerous searches, shared info with local LEO. Michelle's family did not demonstrate for her absence with LEO for her disappearance.
May 6 - seymour ave. in Cleveland.
He was notified by task force officer - Amanda Berry recovered from house - he arrived within 15 min. He met with Det. Graves, and was notified was the two other girls and child were found in the house. overview image of the house on the screen . He was very familiar with the cases of the girls. Cleveland LEO was marking perimeter of the scene - ambulance on scene. Inside were 3 women and the child.

His attention turned to secure scene and investigation. Agent on scene - he notified task force everyone was needed. Requested response team from FBI, they began writing warrants for the home, vehicles, etc. they began talking to witnesses, and started with Cleveland sex crimes unit - and began to notify family members to reunite with women. That evening there were medical needs that needed attended to. Return them safely to their family, gave clothing & shoes and safe place to stay - focus on safety and security. they arranged for hotel rooms, 24 hr security, transport for shopping for food & clothing in the days following and return to their homes of loved ones.
Days and weeks following - task force in FBI - there was a lot of community outpouring of support and national scale as well. they got victims connected to world class care with medical and psychological staff. he was a paramedic prior to joining FBI and he is still certified. The victims physical condition appeared pale, malnourished, possibly dehydrated.
Each of the victims needs are ongoing in this case (ie: medical and psychological) - dramatic improvements since they escaped, but can't turn off 10 years sustained psychological and physical abuse.

week of May 6th, photos taken of house estimated over 1000 photos (digital and 360 camera). model of the home created by the FBI - took measurements from scene and house from surveyors measurement tool. 1" equal 1' to scale. room colors match as victims describe their rooms by color. The following day or day after he went to the home. The experience was surreal to him, it was difficult. he went thru all levels inthe home. How AC turned this residence into a prison? more than 300 items were collected - and the physical restraints had been removed from the home. he was shown where these restraints were - there were divisions in spaces of the house designed to make house more secure and hide residents in the home. picture of the front door. items hanging on the door series of alarm clocks - wired in makeshift manner to create an alarm system in the home - wire went from front door to the back door - it would activate the alarm.
General description on the first floor - a heavy curtain or bedspread separate kitchen from living area. dining room turned into bedroom. large queen size mattress where dining room would be. Porch swing was @ base of the landing of staircase to 2nd floor - blocking access to the stairs. Pic of only bathroom in the home. there is a view from landing after 1st set steps from first floor - @ top is brown curtain concealing landing to second floor - center of 2nd floor center staircase - heavy material. top of stairs looking down. view from hall on 2nd floor - labeled room I, room where Amanda and her daughter spent most of their time. there is a porta-potty ! entrace. bedroom door had been modified - handle on outside - no doorknob - with an I bolt and slide lock from the outside of the door. a hole cut in bottom panel a source of ventilation - windows in the room but they were boarded up with very heavy closet doors. interior shot of room I - workbook pages and children's drawings on the walls, stuffed animals on the bed. There was a separate room that adjoined this one. the first room 11.5' x 11.5' and second room was 7'x 11' = smaller room was occupied by Michelle and Gina where they shared a bed. The window was obstructed by very thick wooden panel screwed in and then a sheet over it. another commode in this room. (pink color on the walls). picture of heavy chain in the room of Gina and Michelle shared. a hole thru the wall - chain and power cord plugged into the other room. small side room had a small cut out in the ceiling and box fan in the attic for ventilation.Pictures of chains and locks with what appears to be fabric (stained red? in places?) - view from bottom of stairs showing support pole where the women were restrained. center pole and washing machine - significant amount of cash in the wash machine. AC told FBI to look in the wash machine. written document on the counter of the kitchen - a letter written byAC dated 4/4/04 - he talks about his conduct in this document - describes self as I am a sexual predator. "Bottom line is, I am a sexual predator". AC owned multiple motorcycles and multiple helmets. a light brown curly hair wig shown - some of the survivors allowed outside - instructed to wear a wig and multiple other elements of disguise.

Just put this on HLN right now. Thanks to those of you who transcribed everything it helped me get up to what I had missed.

Inside the front door. Makeshift alarm system.

Attachments

• Castro inside of front door.jpg
    Castro inside of front door.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 64
I have a dozen screen shots. Is there an archive I can upload them to?

Initially the women looked a lot different - they have changed dramatically since being released. Photo taken @ hospital -

Defense argues AC explained in letter he was sorry for his conduct. He was unsure of what happened but he was sick and mentally ill. implies an essence of suicide letter - gave impression it was suicide type of note - FBI person doesn't agree as it did not give him that immediate impression.

Dep. Davide Jacobs being called to stand.

A motorcycle helmet found in the home.

Attachments

• Castro home motorcycle helmet.jpg
    Castro home motorcycle helmet.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 46
Amanda Berry photo progression.

Attachments

• Castro Amanda Berry.jpg
    Castro Amanda Berry.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 102
I have a dozen screen shots. Is there an archive I can upload them to?

Go to www.imagebam.com and follow the instructions there. When they get done uploading they will give you a HTML code. Copy and paste the code that has

He used the gun to play Russian Roulette with the girls. :eek:

Completely unprecedented crime, per the forensic psychiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam