Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC never offered any remorse on the 2nd day during his statement, he didn't take opportunity to apologize to the families and the girls. There was a video and audio taken both times AC was interrogated. Defense clarified interviews were given before counsel was appointed to him. he was very cooperative during interview but not completely honest - he minimized

Dr. takes stand - psychiatry - forensic psych for U of Virginia, consults with FBI behavioral analysis, he consults with hostage negotiators and violent crimes. he is on multiple committees including homeland security.

he has interviewed large number of offenders to develop behavioral profiles, captivity, sexual abuse, etc. he consulted and reviewed videos, transcripts, FBI interview of AC and other related court documents and interviewed former girlfriend of AC - Lilian ?
he wrote a letter summarizing his findings. Topics - scope and magnitude of AC is unprecedented - he spoke with other experts in this case about their own experience and his experience in terms of number of victims, length of captivity. Most of the time vic is abducted and kept f or a few hours or few days - this is unprecedented.

course of conduct displayed is in a class by himself - keep this number of victims for this length of time in a city neighborhood. calculated captivity - pattern of behavior always on same street - same stature, age, etc. ways to get them into his vehicle and house. it was a complete and comprehensive captivity including power over food, toileting, etc.

most significant part of the case month after month and year after year - conceal from family, friends, neighbors, and conceal from his girlfriend for many years. used wigs and music playing in the house - daughter used alias of the women all to conceal.

he is not diagnosed with any mental health illness - no psychiatric illness whatsoever. Quote by AC significant, "I live a private life, I function around others like a normal person". he was able to do this. Duplicity - document he made statement "I had no idea Gina was so young - she looked so much older" - but he knew she was a friend of his daughter. Doubts he was being truthful in his statement.

Any professional reason to believe he would not go back to his old ways - No! he fooled family, friends and girlfriend - constructed this day in and day out. he had lot of attachment to his home -
Defense says AC was examined for one purpose for competency vs. sanity @ time of the act - Psych Dr. agrees.

Dr. Gregory Saathoff, Forensic Psychiatrist testified that there was a great degree of duplicity. Castro maintained a relationship with his family, friends, and even his girlfriend while at the same time holding the three victims in captivity for ten years.

This doctor's testimony is breaking my heart. It is so incredibly powerful.

AC wrote he was a sexual predator who needs help but don't bother to get it.
none of which excuse his conduct in this case.

Frank Ochberg - psychiatrist & medical doc, consult to FBI, secret service, etc. he is part of the team defining PTSD and stockholm syndrome - extensive experience work with people who have been traumatized.

he reviewed video exam of victims, extensive FBI database including writings of victims, films of home where victims were taken, the exam of AC, his daughter Face to face interview. develop a sense of what these survivors went thru and what they will face in the future. his report of findings: these women were hurt in many ways - repeated episodes terrifying - the kind of trauma in PTSD - images/smells/touches sometimes you feel you are going crazy - not normal memory - brain in different type of circutry - defile and dehumanization - treated like a animal. Systematically deprived of dignity, deprived of mother/family/home/school for 10 years when make transition to a woman. it plays with ability to know who to trust - perversion of intimacy.
deliberate aborted - he tried to produce his daughter was a "love child" not a product of forced sex acts. we become bonded to person - when you are suddenly captured by someone who makes you believe you will be killed - can't eat/sleep/use toilet without permission - infantilized. You deny this is person who did all this to me and begin to feel as a baby with your mother who provided love and nurturance. it is very deep and not conscious.

Michelle served as Doctor, nurse, pediatrician, she breathed into the baby and brought life into that child and posed herself so Gina would not get the assault - she took it. teach that child values, faith, there were times interaction - human kindness/faith. gifts of personality they had - resillience.
the damage done does not go away - this is not trivial - they have life sentences - they have a good chance of a good life but never free of the damage done.
recess for 10 min -

"The girls have life sentences." :cry: :cry:

10 minute recess.

UGH! He is laughing. :devil:

KMouse you Rock! Shout out to all my WS peeps . . . so good to be here with good friends while listening to all of this depravity this jerk has inflicted upon these innocent women!

I don't understand why he let Amanda have the baby but not Michelle. :dunno: Does anyone know? Or was it just because he was nuts? :nuts:

When they were speaking about the minimal ventilation in the home and the motorcycle helmets I felt like I couldn't breathe. I cannot imagine.

Gah, he's going to testify? I don't know if I will be able to watch that. :(

Dr. Gregory Saathoff, Forensic Psychiatrist testified that there was a great degree of duplicity. Castro maintained a relationship with his family, friends, and even his girlfriend while at the same time holding the three victims in captivity for ten years.

The duplicity is surprising, he even had a girlfriend. The doctor said he fooled everyone by being normal (appearing) around others.

I'm looking for what could people have noticed that might help notice those things missed that might have tipped him off.

If I'm not mistaken someone said all the girls were taken off the same street and fell for a ruse. I wonder what his ruse was? Cleveland has some troubles, three women off the same street and they didn't suspect someone local?

I suppose another tip might have been the amount of food he brought to the house, I/E supplies for four. Not a real obvious one but I'm wondering if he used cash or debit and credit to be able to notice if it was looked at.

Just rambling here. IMO

Michelle is in the courtroom!

Good for her!

Is there a link to somewhere I can watch this online?

ARRRRGGG!!! He is just staring at Michelle. I'm shaking, I'm so mad!

Wow. Seeing Michelle Knight next to others shows how small she really is. What an incredibly strong young woman, to face this monster and show him that she survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert