Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italian Slander Case Against Knox Parents Reads Like Fiction

Their trial will start March 30th in Perugia; but perhaps Perugia - at least when it comes to Knox-related matters - would be better named Paranomia - a fictional chain of islands. Last November, Gian Antonio Stella, writing in Milan's Corriere della Sera newspaper, compared Italy to the islands depicted in the 1901 utopian novel, Riallardo, the Archipelago of Exiles. The fictional isles of the Riallardo archipelago, Stella wrote, "Offered asylum to the misguided."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ase-against-knoxs-parents-reads-like-fiction/

From your link SMK

"In June 2008, Knox's parents did an interview with London Sunday Times correspondent John Follain. They told Follain what their daughter had told them; namely that during Amanda Knox's interrogation by Perugia police in November 2007, she was abused both physically and verbally and that she was hit in the back of the head.

This wasn't a scoop for either Follain or the Sunday Times. Seven months earlier, the London Daily Telegraph had first reported Amanda Knox's police brutality charges. There was no comment from the Perugia police in either story. In fact, Perugia police waited until February 2009 to publicly deny Amanda Knox's brutality charges"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ase-against-knoxs-parents-reads-like-fiction/

Update on the parents trial.

"Key witnesses failed to show up Friday for the slander trial of Amanda Knox’s parents, NBC News reports, causing the judge to delay the trial until next year.

Five police officers who were expected to testify for the prosecution against Curt Knox and Edda Mellas were not in court. They were reportedly busy dealing with other police matters.

The judge accepted the reason and postponed the hearing until January 24, 2013."

http://www.nwcn.com/news/145157935.html

Update on the parents trial.

"Key witnesses failed to show up Friday for the slander trial of Amanda Knox’s parents, NBC News reports, causing the judge to delay the trial until next year.

Five police officers who were expected to testify for the prosecution against Curt Knox and Edda Mellas were not in court. They were reportedly busy dealing with other police matters.

The judge accepted the reason and postponed the hearing until January 24, 2013."

http://www.nwcn.com/news/145157935.html

As Nina Burleigh said to 48 Hours: "There's a reason why vendetta is an Italian word."

A trial in which the defendants have to travel halfway around the world is postponed for a year because PLE can't spare the relevant witnesses?! That's just harassment of Knox and Mellas, plain and simple.

Case should have been thrown out! :maddening::banghead:

As Nina Burleigh said to 48 Hours: "There's a reason why vendetta is an Italian word."

A trial in which the defendants have to travel halfway around the world is postponed for a year because PLE can't spare the relevant witnesses?! That's just harassment of Knox and Mellas, plain and simple.

:wave:

Hi my friend!!!

Could not of stated it better :)

ETA At least they are predictable ...

Also wondered since her book is due out in January I believe it is if that may of had something to do with it being rescheduled to that date...

Another link regardining JK's book.

"My family and I now find ourselves in a limbo that, I suspect, might never end, wondering exactly what happened in those last moments of Meredith’s life, and how convictions that seemed to offer all the terrible answers two years ago have been so emphatically overturned."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...anda-Knox-justice-daughter.html#ixzz1sGZ4cpq6

AK and RS meet in the US where he is applying for positions.

"A source close to Sollecito in his hometown of Giovinazzo near Bari in southern Italy said: 'Raffaele has been looking forward to this trip for ages. He has gone to the United States with his father and his sister and they will be there until the end of the month.
'The first few days were sightseeing and holiday in California - he lives by the sea so he was really excited at seeing the ocean and now he is in Seattle where he will have the job interview and where he will meet up with Amanda but everything is being kept very secret. They don't want any details to come out.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...visits-Seattle-Amanda-Knox.html#ixzz1sGbGCmF8

Another link regardining JK's book.

"My family and I now find ourselves in a limbo that, I suspect, might never end, wondering exactly what happened in those last moments of Meredith’s life, and how convictions that seemed to offer all the terrible answers two years ago have been so emphatically overturned."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...anda-Knox-justice-daughter.html#ixzz1sGZ4cpq6

Reading this, I really feel for Mr. Kercher. He lost a wonderful daughter in a senseless murder.

I do find it interesing that he is so wedded to the idea that there MUST have been more than one attacker -- because Meredith would have been able to fight back if there was only one.

My reading of the evidence we have seen in this case is that it is not really any different from many murders that only had one perpetrator. I don't see anything that points towards more than one attacker.

I wonder if this is the sticking point for him in not being able to believe that AK and RS are innocent?

Reading this, I really feel for Mr. Kercher. He lost a wonderful daughter in a senseless murder.

I do find it interesing that he is so wedded to the idea that there MUST have been more than one attacker -- because Meredith would have been able to fight back if there was only one.

My reading of the evidence we have seen in this case is that it is not really any different from many murders that only had one perpetrator. I don't see anything that points towards more than one attacker.

I wonder if this is the sticking point for him in not being able to believe that AK and RS are innocent?

I believe that is only part of the problem for that poor family. It is a terrible, terrible thing to be confronted with the possibility that the authorities you trusted so much not only bungled your loved one's investigation, but also imprisoned innocents in the process.

The bond of trust developed between LE/prosecutors & the families of victims is often incredibly strong, and to have such a powerful, seemingly righteous thing violated in such a perverse manner...well, for an already traumatized family, it's that much easier to simply believe it is all just a miscarriage of justice.

It also doesn't help that he seems to have swallowed the salacious, inaccurate reporting of his UK news friends hook, line & sinker (perhaps because the more wild assertions/conclusions originally came from the prosecution team he trusted so much).

It also doesn't help that he seems to have swallowed the salacious, inaccurate reporting of his UK news friends hook, line & sinker (perhaps because the more wild assertions/conclusions originally came from the prosecution team he trusted so much).

Yeah right :what: . He has seen every bit (that he wanted to see) of the evidence in the case. Has said before that the right ones were arrested, and even now believes that the two lovebirds might get away with murder... as they have so far.

I believe that is only part of the problem for that poor family. It is a terrible, terrible thing to be confronted with the possibility that the authorities you trusted so much not only bungled your loved one's investigation, but also imprisoned innocents in the process.

The bond of trust developed between LE/prosecutors & the families of victims is often incredibly strong, and to have such a powerful, seemingly righteous thing violated in such a perverse manner...well, for an already traumatized family, it's that much easier to simply believe it is all just a miscarriage of justice.

So right. The prosecution is the Voice of the victim and I as well believe the Kercher's to be victims of Mignini, the sensational media, and a very shoddy investigation.

I hope they do find some way to help them deal with this.

Poor AK and RS :please:

There must have been a huge, sinister conspiracy involving countless police officers, independent forensic experts, lawyers and judges to FRAME AK and RS so that Italy could save face or because Mignini disapproved of AK's morals. How can the public be so blind to the manipulation by the media and

the 'shoddy' investigation??? :what:

Is there any evidence y'all can produce of a dastardly plan to imprison AK and RS?

Hopefully the Supreme Court will squash that joke of an appeal ruling by Hellmann et al.

No book deals or speaking ingagements for the two. Whether they actually serve the time in jail that they are due, or whether AK hides from justice away from Italy and lets RS serve on his own... it will be her own certain kind

of :jail: . Which is well deserved IMO.

Frank Sfarzo posted an interview he gave to Liverpool John Moores University on his website.

Some of you may find his take on the experience of writing on the case interesting. I believe he has a court date on his "harassment" of the Italian police coming up soon.

That dang massive conspiracy pops up again... how appropriate.

Poor AK and RS :please:

There must have been a huge, sinister conspiracy involving countless police officers, independent forensic experts, lawyers and judges to FRAME AK and RS so that Italy could save face or because Mignini disapproved of AK's morals. How can the public be so blind to the manipulation by the media and

the 'shoddy' investigation??? :what:

Is there any evidence y'all can produce of a dastardly plan to imprison AK and RS?

Hopefully the Supreme Court will squash that joke of an appeal ruling by Hellmann et al.

No book deals or speaking ingagements for the two. Whether they actually serve the time in jail that they are due, or whether AK hides from justice away from Italy and lets RS serve on his own... it will be her own certain kind

of :jail: . Which is well deserved IMO.

Not sure why you equate shoddy police work and dozens of instances of false evidence against AK and RS information reported by the press with a conspiracy theory. On the other hand, PMF and TJMK have been quite explicit in describing what they believe was a conspiracy theory (involving Hellman, Conti & Zanetti and the jury being paid off, and the Knoxes controlling the entire US media) to get the pair out of jail. It's been obvious since the beginning of those sites:

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/3838385.Conspiracy_theorists_latch_on_to_Meredith_murder/

Not sure where you see 'false evidence' or the media swaying people with perfectly good minds of their own.
First it was Mignini, then the press, then the 20 or so judges, then the full trial jurors, then the collectors of evidence, then the evidence test, then the evidence itself, then the victim's parent's lawyer, NOW the parents themselves are blamed for believing the duo guilty... after seeing all the evidence and all the trial. Hard to believe actually... to logical thinking that is.

Not sure where you see 'false evidence' or the media swaying people with perfectly good minds of their own.

It’s been demonstrated by myself on here in the past that websleuth readers were fooled by “Amanda showered in a blood-spattered bathroom” pic which was not actually blood. And reading the old True crime weblog which morphed into PMF and TJMK many of those people bought hook, line and sinker such lies as “Amanda caught on CCTV at cottage that night” and “Amanda’s palm print found on victim”. You give people a lot of credit to discern on their own what is falsely printed in the press, but it’s all documented on these web pages that they were unable to do so. Did it affect the jury? No one can say for sure, but that’s why evidence is not usually leaked to the press in such a manner and why trials are moved to other locations when public opinion there is already swayed, and why jurors are often sequestered. None of these precautions were taken in this case.

First it was Mignini, then the press, then the 20 or so judges, then the full trial jurors, then the collectors of evidence, then the evidence test, then the evidence itself, then the victim's parent's lawyer, NOW the parents themselves are blamed for believing the duo guilty... after seeing all the evidence and all the trial. Hard to believe actually... to logical thinking that is.

AK and RS are not the first people to be wrongfully convicted, especially in Italy where 50 percent of the time they get it wrong the first trial. Was there a massive conspiracy in all those other cases too? This isn’t unusual, Fred. But only being able to explain why they were found innocent by arguing that the judge, independent experts, and jury were paid off would be completely unprecedented and so monumentally and historically huge that it’s bewildering that only a group of people on the internet would be the ones to notice it. That should tell you something. Look again at the Gaurdian article, and ask yourself why there’s never been such an article printed about Injusticeinperugia.org or friendsofamanda.org.

John Kercher's book is now out -- has anyone read it?

Slightly OT, I can find many parallels between the murder of Meredith Kercher and the case outlined here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym