Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only for people who don't understand science, evidence and logic.

The Italian Supreme Court just showed once again that Italy has the most dysfunctional legal system in Europe. A court that can look past the actual evidence pointing to the guilt of one man and imagine a bizzarre conspiracy instead.

I don't know it if takes "science" to argue that what appear to be bloody footprints could have been made with fruit juice. I've got a science degree, I don't think it's needed for this stunt ... this reminds me of that show Mythbusters. That was one juicy bath to result in foot prints crossing the hallway - especially given that Knox claims that she 'scootched' across the floor on the bloody bathmat.

I'm still not seeing circular reasoning or a bizarre conspiracy.

Let's stick to the facts: This is not factually true.

The court ruled that, "The process [of appeal] must be repeated." The murder conviction is only provisional, pending an appeal. Things are up in the air as the process goes. You'll have to be patient....

That's right. That appeal will be repeated. That fact does not annul the conviction. The conviction is intact pending appeal.

Convicted murderers appeal their convictions all the time ... Sollecito and Knox are no different. That doesn't mean that the original conviction went away. How often is a conviction legitimately overturned on appeal in the US?

Casey Anthony is not in prison due to the prosecution overreaching: Had they stuck to the real charges, the jury would have found her guilty.

Anthony is not in prison because the jury was feeble and did not have guidance ... in my humble opinion. They were not prepared to interpret the facts.

That verdict is not on the prosecutor's office.

That's interesting that Switzerland has prevented Sollecito from living and setting up business there. Is that true ... or is he still allowed to live there? I remember reading that anyone that was facing murder charges could be rejected pending the outcome. I also seem to recall that Sollecito somewhat fibbed on his application. Didn't he omit the part about being locked up for murder?

They've been playing with fire since the beginning - taunting the system with: "pretty american girl with influential HR team" cannot be a murderer.

Yes, he didn't provide enough 'information' like - 'I'm still being tried for murder'. The community objected so he is back in Bari according to his father.
Who in their right minds publishes a book about a trial in the middle of a trial? They have some very bad legal advisors, it has done them no favours at all.

I didn't find the state's case circular.

I'm still not seeing circular reasoning or a bizarre conspiracy.

according to RS's book, during the appeal process mignini attempted to argue that amanda was involved even though there was no DNA evidence to put her in the bedroom. he stated that b/c RS and AK admitted to being together that night and that since RS's DNA was found on the bra clasp in the bedroom, therefore AK had been in the bedroom too and therefore participated in the murder. if that's not circular, i don't know what is.

That verdict is not on the prosecutor's office.

their forensic computer experts failed to find the computer searches for "foolproof suffication".

two jurors have since said the prosecution didn't conclusively prove how caylee died, which is exactly what the above evidence (along w/ her duct taped mouth) points to.

Yes, he didn't provide enough 'information' like - 'I'm still being tried for murder'. The community objected so he is back in Bari according to his father.
Who in their right minds publishes a book about a trial in the middle of a trial? They have some very bad legal advisors, it has done them no favours at all.

I guess the pair were seeing dollar signs in their eyes. That money must have clouded their judgement in terms of considering the consequences of their actions. In fact, Sollecito and Knox appear to have a history of ignoring the consequences for their actions.

according to RS's book, during the appeal process mignini attempted to argue that amanda was involved even though there was no DNA evidence to put her in the bedroom. he stated that b/c RS and AK admitted to being together that night and that since RS's DNA was found on the bra clasp in the bedroom, therefore AK had been in the bedroom too and therefore participated in the murder. if that's not circular, i don't know what is.

So ... Knox and Sollecito were together throughout the evening ... admittedly. There is evidence that Sollecito was handling Meredith's bra, which could only have happened on the night of the murder. Therefore, both Knox and Sollecito were present during the murder.

I don't see anything circular about that. Two known facts result in a deductive conclusion.

Sorry I got it wrong, he is currently in the US with Amanda according to the Guardian UK newspaper and is seeking public donations of $500,000, and has set up a website for it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/
This is the Mirror report http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amanda-knox-co-accused-raffaele-sollecito-1967996 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/101...-Raffaele-Sollecito-reunited-in-New-York.html

Thanks. He's certainly an opportunist. "Shameful" is certainly the best word for it. Is he going to hide out in the US until the end of the appeal - perhaps hoping that if Knox is not extradited, then he too will be safe? Is he working in the US? If not, how can he afford to live and travel without working, and still need other people's money?

Both books may cause imminent arrest, because they are not accurate RS has been made to leave Switzerland. It's not looking terribly good for them with the release of the new report from the court.

Funny how the Italian system works. Prosecutors are allowed to leak outright falsehoods to the press, but defendants are subject to arrest and prosecution for stating the truth.

Funny how the Italian system works. Prosecutors are allowed to leak outright falsehoods to the press, but defendants are subject to arrest and prosecution for stating the truth.

In the interest of justice, justice officials are entitled to release whatever information they want - regardless of whether it is the truth. This is true all over the world, not just in the US, or in Italy. All over the world, witnesses to criminal activities are required to speak the truth. Suspects lie. Knox and Sollecito lied when providing witness statements.

... but given her criminal history, she cannot even cross the border to Canada.

if AK and RS are convicted murderers, how did RS gain admission to the US this past week? surely such a conviction ought to have ruled him inadmissible?

if AK and RS are convicted murderers, how did RS gain admission to the US this past week? surely such a conviction ought to have ruled him inadmissible?

Perhaps one should explore the laws to understand why convicted murderers that are appealing the conviction are allowed to enter the country. Many countries would not allow that. For example, Knox has severe travel restrictions due to her criminal convictions and prison time. Perhaps special exceptions are made for convicted murderers that are media darlings.

In thinking more about a convicted murderer that is released from prison pending appeal, I have to wonder about the difference in law between Switzerland and the US. Switzerland - one way or another - required that Sollecito leave the country because of his criminal past even though both Italy and Switzerland are part of the EU. There must be a huge loophole in US law.

Thanks. He's certainly an opportunist. "Shameful" is certainly the best word for it. Is he going to hide out in the US until the end of the appeal - perhaps hoping that if Knox is not extradited, then he too will be safe? Is he working in the US? If not, how can he afford to live and travel without working, and still need other people's money?

Well he set up a business in Switzerland that set him back a few thousand euros, so he could have saved his money, they knew it was coming. Yet he can fly to the US to make 'negotiations' with is ex-lover? The Italians are not too fond of either of them for their slanderous accusations regarding their country's judicial laws. The books are being considered as new evidence because not only do they contradict each other - they have added and embellished stuff.
Amanda Knox was was visited regularly by the American Embassy staff as well as a social worker and an Italian member of Parliament. She never once claimed ill treatment and had every opportunity to do so on a regular basis.
They are terrified of what might be in the pipeline since the recent report by the court. I wonder if they scored a bad batch of drugs because Rude Guede has foggy memories too? Cocaine has been suggested, but we will never know.
RS rolled over on her alibi once before, he could do it again...

I guess that depends on your definition of 'truth'. I don't believe them.
They both lie, particularly Knox, and she was convicted and imprisoned for it.
Why would I believe anything she said? RS dropped her in it on the first alibi so she was clearly lying again. Neither of them have given truthful accounts of the night, and cell phone and computer evidence refutes their claims.
Her only recourse is to blame others for her immature irresponsible substance affected decisions, that caused the death of her 'best' friend and the incarceration of her boss.
All this this publicity has done nothing but harm her further, and aids in the denial of who she is. I can understand her parents motivations, but they are harming her by constantly painting her the miss goody two shoes. She will never live up to their expectations because she had a damaged childhood and combative parents. She received very strong messages from her father that he didn't care enough to even pay child support and was taken to court twice to resolve it. Not a good atmosphere for a small child. I think the parents don't own their responsibility for creating this mixed up immature woman, she grew up in their battlefield. It's in their interests, - not hers for her to be seen as a wholesome young woman, when all the facts point to the complete opposite. She was a highly risk taking irresponsible and ego-centric young woman seeking freedom from parental censure.
And her parental figures created her.

In the interest of justice, justice officials are entitled to release whatever information they want - regardless of whether it is the truth. This is true all over the world, not just in the US, or in Italy. All over the world, witnesses to criminal activities are required to speak the truth. Suspects lie. Knox and Sollecito lied when providing witness statements.

On Nov. 19, 2007 shopkeeper Marco Quintavalle was shown photographs of Raffaele and Amanda by Inspector Orestes Volturno. Quintavalle stated that Raffaele was a regular customer and that Amanda had come to the store with him a few time, but that neither Raffaele nor Amanda had been in his store on Nov. 2. In August of 2008 he started telling an entirely different story. But I have yet to hear any pro guilt posters call Marco a liar.

In the US, prosecutors spreading false information to the press and public is grounds for a mistrial. But perhaps the Italian justice system hasn't completely discarded the legacy of Il Duce.

In thinking more about a convicted murderer that is released from prison pending appeal, I have to wonder about the difference in law between Switzerland and the US. Switzerland - one way or another - required that Sollecito leave the country because of his criminal past even though both Italy and Switzerland are part of the EU. There must be a huge loophole in US law.

Switzerland is not part of the EU.

Well he set up a business in Switzerland that set him back a few thousand euros, so he could have saved his money, they knew it was coming. Yet he can fly to the US to make 'negotiations' with is ex-lover?

"negotiations"? where is the proof of this being the case?

The Italians are not too fond of either of them for their slanderous accusations regarding their country's judicial laws.

but throughout this thread you have made slanderous accusations against them, have you not?

The books are being considered as new evidence because not only do they contradict each other - they have added and embellished stuff.

links to what's been added? embellished? thx

Amanda Knox was was visited regularly by the American Embassy staff as well as a social worker and an Italian member of Parliament. She never once claimed ill treatment and had every opportunity to do so on a regular basis.

i wouldn't report this either for fear of worse treatment

They are terrified of what might be in the pipeline since the recent report by the court.

link?

my responses in purple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members