Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Michael and thank you for that information!
Do you know the results of the fingerprints found on Meredith's cell phone?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article2596149.ece

(4/23/2009)...."ANSWER - A total of 3 fragments.And no, 3 fragments were detected on the papillary impressions branded Motorola phone, 1 marked with the number 120 on the front, upper left, 1 marked with the number 121 on the rear cover of the battery cover and 1, with number 122, inside the cell, in fact, for as I said before then, once we treat the outside of an object we also go to work inside, had 3 small pieces, say, normally, not normally .. Maybe they were not even worthy of photographic documentation, however, in order to provide any relevant information for the purposes of a trial justice also working on these minutiae just to try to have more and more items.Now, these fragments, then they were with the report, the report transmitted by beginning immediately, photographs brevimano hand hand evidenziavamo fingerprints dattiloscopisti we spent our colleagues, who have the opportunity to examine more closely, these fragments and fully to incorporate them into our system that allows Afis, practically, to do a search for the station and, of course, eventually traced to people who have been reported for previous offenses.They have done precisely the match, made the identification of these fragments, are precisely determined which of these are useful for comparing fingerprinting and some people have attributed to these fragments.
REQUEST - Grant did not you?
ANSWER - Grant that I did on which absolutely do not like ..."

http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Trascrizioni-2009-May-23-Stefanoni-Camana.pdf

http://www.repubblica.it/2007/11/sezioni/cronaca/perugia-uccisa/ricordo-amanda/ricordo-amanda.html

Quindi, una volta fuori della colonica, si liberano dei due cellulari di Meredith scagliandoli nel giardino di una villetta distante meno di un chilometro (l'esame delle impronte sui due apparecchi è risultato impossibile perché maneggiati da troppe mani dopo il loro ritrovamento da parte della padrona della villa).

google translation wrote:
So, once out of the farmhouse, get rid of the two cell Meredith throwing them in the garden of a house is less than a kilometer (examining fingerprints on the two devices was impossible because handled by too many hands after their discovery by the mistress of the house).

This is exactly why, if he was the lone wolf, he would never speak up about it.

I understand, but could he have known that from the beginning? From the time they were offering him a lesser sentence for more information?

Even at the beginning he was given the shortest sentence of the 3; what is the reasoning behind that?

I understand, but could he have known that from the beginning? From the time they were offering him a lesser sentence for more information?

Even at the beginning he was given the shortest sentence of the 3; what is the reasoning behind that?
Well, I assume he began to talk about Knox and Sollecito in return for a lighter sentence, which makes such talk fairly meaningless (which is why I never gave it much weight). I believe whether is was the lone wolf or acted in concert with others, he will always say little to make himself seem un-involved (he never admitting to killing Kercher, nor to breaking in, nor to robbing).

Guede also never admitted to any form of sexual assault: He said he had a date with Meredith and contact was consensual. So no admission of sex assault, nor murder (he said he tried to stop her bleeding with towels) nor theft, nor break-in (he says Meredith let him in for a pre-arranged date).

He claimed he saw Sollecito, saw Knox in silouhette. No admission of anything.

So whether lone wolf or acting with others or these defendants, this man will never admit to anything.

Whether guilty or innocent, Knox and Sollecito were seen as better "catches", and the ones who set Guede up for the crime, apparently.

Yes, but what did he actually say? I've heard , "he BEGAN to talk about Amanda and Raffaele," but then the total of what I've read he said is that Rudy saw Amanda walking away from the cottage when he looked out the window ( of Filomena's room I believe) - not information that to me particularly helps him.

And if it was Filomena's window he mentioned, why that one? Because he knew it was broken? One of the rationales for the "staging" was that there was no evidence of Rudy in that room.

To me there's just no evidence of conversation, dialogue, communication between these three people who are supposedly maintaining this conspiracy, either before or after the murder.

Yes, but what did he actually say? I've heard , "he BEGAN to talk about Amanda and Raffaele," but then the total of what I've read he said is that Rudy saw Amanda walking away from the cottage when he looked out the window ( of Filomena's room I believe) - not information that to me particularly helps him.

And if it was Filomena's window he mentioned, why that one? Because he knew it was broken? One of the rationales for the "staging" was that there was no evidence of Rudy in that room.

To me there's just no evidence of conversation, dialogue, communication between these three people who are supposedly maintaining this conspiracy, either before or after the murder.
No, if one wants to argue from the standpoint of the guilt of the defendants, then it has to have been a very impropmtu scenario; something fueled by drugs and building on some resentment of only the past 48 hours or so.

Guede was following all the news reports from Germany.

Insofar as Guede's lame statements go:

Just placing the 2 at the scene was enough for the prosecution to believe he should be dealt with leniently.

After recently discovering that Meredith’s bloody jacket, shoes, socks, and purse were acquired from the crime scene on the same day as the bra clasp I was viewing the video from December 18th and noted the activities in the clips attached in the thumbnails below. We know that on December 18th the bra clasp was found at a different location from where previously photographed.We have also seen the photos of the dirty gloves when passing the bra clasp around.

http://www.friendsofamanda.org/miscellaneous/december_18_2007_part2.mp4

Maresca stated dna does not fly. I would assert that dna tests are only as reliable as the technicians acquiring them which is a troubling prospect when evidence has the power to exonerate suspects or imprison falsely.

Consider the ramifications of the following studies:

The presence of DNA with a profile matching that found on an item does not necessarily show that the person ever had direct contact with the item. “It has also been shown that a full profile can be recovered from secondary transfer of epithelial cells (from one individual to another and subsequently to an object) at 28 cycles [the standard method].”3
“The full DNA profile of one individual was recovered from an item that they had not touched while the profile of the person having contact with that item was not observed. This profile was also detected using standard 28-cycle amplification.”
http://www.theforensicinstitute.com/PDF/Continuity and contamination.pdf

“It has also been demonstrated that DNA containing material can be deposited onto surfaces that without physical contact being made. In 2003, Rutty carried out a series of experiments to determine the extent to which a crime scene could be contaminated by crime scene investigators (Rutty et al. 2003). A series of experiments were carried out to investigate the level of DNA deposition after 15 minutes of silence or talking, with and without physical activity. The level of DNA deposition after 10 seconds coughing was also tested. The results of these experiments showed that high levels of DNA could be detected after 15 minutes of talking, whilst kneeling, even when a face mask was worn. It was hypothesized that the detected DNA could have arisen from orally projected saliva particles or could be due to the sloughing of epithelial cells around the area that the face mask was in contact with the face (Rutty et al. 2003). In order to distinguish the contribution of orally projected biological material from shed epithelial cells a second set of experiments were conducted by Rutty‟s group (Port et al. 2006). These follow-up experiments greatly simplified the model used in Rutty‟s original work to investigate orally projected biological material only. The results of these experiments showed that DNA-containing biological material could be detected up to 184cm (72 inches) away from the donor and a full DNA profile could be detected in the area immediately in front of the donor after only 30 seconds of talking (Port et al. 2006).”
https://lra.le.ac.uk/bitstream/2381/4529/1/PhD Thesis EAMG FINAL VERSION.pdf

In the experiments involving transfer of DNA via a towel, DNA or cells containing DNA were transferred to a towel, then to an individual’s face and then to a glove in all experiments with one of the towels and in none of the experiments with the other towel. In each of these sets of experiments the towel was exposed to the individuals DNA from only one face washing and drying. Larger quantities of DNA would be expected to be deposited on the towel from multiple uses of the towel.
http://www.bioforensics.com/conference04/Transfer/Taylor&Johnson Study.pdf

And finally from the book The Science of Crime Scenes
By Max M. Houck, Frank Crispino, Terry McAdam :

thescienceofcrimescenespg31_zpsf6cc3f13.png

http://books.google.com/books?id=gT...t&q=tertiary transfer at crime scenes&f=false

Attachments

• dec 18 video b.png
    dec 18 video b.png
    895.6 KB · Views: 7
  • dec 18 video c.png
    dec 18 video c.png
    803.7 KB · Views: 5
  • dec 18 video d.png
    dec 18 video d.png
    803.6 KB · Views: 5
  • dec 18 video e.png
    dec 18 video e.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 5
(4/23/2009)...."ANSWER - A total of 3 fragments.And no, 3 fragments were detected on the papillary impressions branded Motorola phone, 1 marked with the number 120 on the front, upper left, 1 marked with the number 121 on the rear cover of the battery cover and 1, with number 122, inside the cell, in fact, for as I said before then, once we treat the outside of an object we also go to work inside, had 3 small pieces, say, normally, not normally .. Maybe they were not even worthy of photographic documentation, however, in order to provide any relevant information for the purposes of a trial justice also working on these minutiae just to try to have more and more items.Now, these fragments, then they were with the report, the report transmitted by beginning immediately, photographs brevimano hand hand evidenziavamo fingerprints dattiloscopisti we spent our colleagues, who have the opportunity to examine more closely, these fragments and fully to incorporate them into our system that allows Afis, practically, to do a search for the station and, of course, eventually traced to people who have been reported for previous offenses.They have done precisely the match, made the identification of these fragments, are precisely determined which of these are useful for comparing fingerprinting and some people have attributed to these fragments.
REQUEST - Grant did not you?
ANSWER - Grant that I did on which absolutely do not like ..."

http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Trascrizioni-2009-May-23-Stefanoni-Camana.pdf

http://www.repubblica.it/2007/11/sezioni/cronaca/perugia-uccisa/ricordo-amanda/ricordo-amanda.html

Quindi, una volta fuori della colonica, si liberano dei due cellulari di Meredith scagliandoli nel giardino di una villetta distante meno di un chilometro (l'esame delle impronte sui due apparecchi è risultato impossibile perché maneggiati da troppe mani dopo il loro ritrovamento da parte della padrona della villa).

google translation wrote:
So, once out of the farmhouse, get rid of the two cell Meredith throwing them in the garden of a house is less than a kilometer (examining fingerprints on the two devices was impossible because handled by too many hands after their discovery by the mistress of the house).

Thank you so much for your time and effort in looking for that!!! :seeya:

Well, I assume he began to talk about Knox and Sollecito in return for a lighter sentence, which makes such talk fairly meaningless (which is why I never gave it much weight). I believe whether is was the lone wolf or acted in concert with others, he will always say little to make himself seem un-involved (he never admitting to killing Kercher, nor to breaking in, nor to robbing).

There was no lighter sentence offered for "talking", I don't know where this is coming from.

RG opted for a fast track trial. In doing so he was given a 26year sentence, in taking a fast track trial he is limited in the evidence presented and gets a third of his sentence taken off. Which is how he gets the sentence he's currently serving.

A fast track trial is not pleading guilty, you do not have to plea guilty to take a fast track trial.

No, if one wants to argue from the standpoint of the guilt of the defendants, then it has to have been a very impropmtu scenario; something fueled by drugs and building on some resentment of only the past 48 hours or so.

Just placing the 2 at the scene was enough for the prosecution to believe he should be dealt with leniently.

It sounds to me like the authorities had little interest in finding out what really happened that night? They had their theories and were working backwards to prove them MOO.

There was no lighter sentence offered for "talking", I don't know where this is coming from.

RG opted for a fast track trial. In doing so he was given a 26year sentence, in taking a fast track trial he is limited in the evidence presented and gets a third of his sentence taken off. Which is how he gets the sentence he's currently serving.

A fast track trial is not pleading guilty, you do not have to plea guilty to take a fast track trial.
Nadeau had said that placing the 2 at the scene got his sentence shortened. Some kind of "reward". Maybe not true, then.

The prosecutor did not believe he should be dealt with leniently.

He took a fast track trial option that is available to all defendants.

AKs original sentence added time on for the calumnia charge against PL.

It's that simple. Please support the claim that RG received a lighter sentence for "talking"

Nadeau had said that placing the 2 at the scene got his sentence shortened. Some kind of "reward". Maybe not true, then.

Yes it's not the only thing she was wrong about.

She also claimed that Meredith Kercher picked her room before AK. I think all these authors got things wrong. I haven't seen one that has not had something they've claimed proved wrong.

RG was not a witness in the first instance trial that I know of.

The prosecutor did not believe he should be dealt with leniently.

He took a fast track trial option that is available to all defendants.

AKs original sentence added time on for the calumnia charge against PL.

It's that simple. Please support the claim that RG received a lighter sentence for "talking"
I guess I was misled by a book; am almost certain it was Nadeau. Will have to look for the exact quote I read. I guess it wasn't true, in any case.

It sounds to me like the authorities had little interest in finding out what really happened that night? They had their theories and were working backwards to prove them MOO.
I guess you could say that they were certain of the veracity of their theory (whether or not they should have been, I can't say) and needed to support it with facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState