Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because the police slapped and abused Amanda during the interrogation and she dared to describe it on paper the next day.

I disagree. I think RS and Ak are on trial because AS accused an innocent man and placed herself at the scene.
It's true that Mignini was stunned that Knox said she told the story about Patrick because "it might have been true"; and he was equally stunned at her behavior: tears, hitting her head, covering her ears - both when she told the Patrick story, and when she came back with her lawyers.

Had she acted more "normally" ( yes, Patrick is my boss; no I didn't meet him later; no, you cannot have "hard evidence" that I was at the cottage during the murder as I simply wasn't - don't be ridiculous ) I don't think any of this would be going on.

I think it's because the police slapped and abused Amanda during the interrogation and she dared to describe it on paper the next day.
It was wrong to slap her, yes. I'm surprised they did. It must be an Italian thing (I'm Italian and my father used to slap me on the back of my head when "interrogating" me. It's no fun. )

This is untrue. I don't know who wrote this wikispace but that's not how it worked.

His original conviction sentence was 30 years that was not the reduction.

Guede's sentence of 30 years (maximum possible in Italian law) has been reduced to 24 on appeal. There is no automatic fast track reduction of the life sentence, AFAIK. Only the reduction to 24 on appeal granted him further 2/3 fast track reduction to 16 years.

I look at the evidence and try to put it in sections. Those sections for me are evidence that can be viewed as reliable, evidence that is questionable and evidence that (IMO) needs to be tossed based on the way it was collected.

Evidence that can be viewed as reliable (for me) is the bloody handprint on the pillow, the DNA on and in Meredith, the bloody footprints in Meredith's room, the DNA found in the larger bathroom in the unflushed toilet and the bloody shoeprints in the hallway.

Evidence that can be viewed as questionable (for me) is the DNA evidence on the purse, the bloody footprint on the bathmat, the footprints in the hallway that were not in blood.

Evidence that needs to be tossed based on the way it was collected (for me) is the bra clasp that had RS's DNA only on the metal hook.

If I look at the evidence in this way it all points to one person only. I can try and make an argument about how RS and AK behaved and how it could point to their guilt but then I can also make an argument about how we don't know exactly how any of us would react to one of our room mates being murdered or being interrogated by police in a language we don't really understand. I don't look at how any of the three claim their innocence and believe one over the other. I look at all the evidence to determine what really happened instead.

MOO

I think Chrishalkides said it was possible that Guedes DNA could have been transferred by Merideth touching him before inserting a tampon. It's possible. And Guede says he's innocent, just as AK and RS do. He says he was trying to save her. Although I think he's guilty, I think Rs's DNA on the bra and Ak's blood at the crime scene, (the murder was not the only crime) are just as reliable. They all say they are innocent so why are RS and AK the only ones that are believable? They have all lied and changed their stories. This is JMO.

In order for the bolded to be a valid possibility that would mean that Meredith would have to meet up with Guede sometime before she was killed, that same night. The average time for a woman to change her tampon would be at most about 5 hours if not asleep. IMO it is very unlikely that the DNA inside of Meredith is because of an innocent encounter.

MOO

In order for the bolded to be a valid possibility that would mean that Meredith would have to meet up with Guede sometime before she was killed, that same night. The average time for a woman to change her tampon would be at most about 5 hours if not asleep. IMO it is very unlikely that the DNA inside of Meredith is because of an innocent encounter.

MOO

I respect your opinion and I agree. Where we disagree is that I don't believe RS's DNA was likely to have been transferred to the bra in an innocent encounter.

MOO

My apologies for asking a question that's probably been answered a 1000 times. But another assumption I'd been making based on dna in Meredith's body and the admission of a sexual encounter is that it wasn't merely dna, but semen. Is that not the case? TIA :seeya:

I respect your opinion and I agree. Where we disagree is that I don't believe RS's DNA was likely to have been transferred to the bra in an innocent encounter.

I don't believe that RS put his DNA on the metal hook of the bra clasp at all. Since it wasn't collected for 46 days and was kicked and shoved around only to finally be collected from under a pile of clothes and other things I believe that it was contaminated. Then when one looks at the video of the investigators picking up the bra clasp (those 46 days later) one will see the dirty gloved finger of one of those investigators touching the actual metal hook.

My apologies for asking a question that's probably been answered a 1000 times. But another assumption I'd been making based on dna in Meredith's body and the admission of a sexual encounter is that it wasn't merely dna, but semen. Is that not the case? TIA :seeya:

No it was not semen, no worries on asking a question that's been answered.
Better to ask.

I don't believe that RS put his DNA on the metal hook of the bra clasp at all. Since it wasn't collected for 46 days and was kicked and shoved around only to finally be collected from under a pile of clothes and other things I believe that it was contaminated. Then when one looks at the video of the investigators picking up the bra clasp (those 46 days later) one will see the dirty gloved finger of one of those investigators touching the actual metal hook.

I agree that the scene could have been processed better but for me it's just too coincidental. I feel the same about AK's blood. But it's OK that we disagree.

Better to ask.

Thank you for answering because I did not know myself and trying to search for the answer provided me no results.

If you're referring to the semen stain found underneath her, they still refuse to test it.

I know this is probably a dumb question but if it hasn't been tested how do they know it's semen?

Better to ask.

Thanks for our patience and the answer, Amber. Much appreciated. This has got me wondering about why a person would admit a sexual encounter if he had reason to believe that there would be no semen found. He could have said they just "messed around." I see that saliva testing was done, but now I'm wondering about those tests and the oral injuries. Still googling, but I haven't yet found what the result of the saliva testing was. Sorry to be so gross :blushing:

Thanks for our patience and the answer, Amber. Much appreciated. This has got me wondering about why a person would admit a sexual encounter if he had reason to believe that there would be no semen found. He could have said they just "messed around." I see that saliva testing was done, but now I'm wondering about those tests and the oral injuries. Still googling, but I haven't yet found what the result of the saliva testing was. Sorry to be so gross :blushing:
This is in fact what Guede did say. He said they did not have a condom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState