Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecutor did not believe he should be dealt with leniently.

He took a fast track trial option that is available to all defendants.

AKs original sentence added time on for the calumnia charge against PL.

It's that simple. Please support the claim that RG received a lighter sentence for "talking"

I know that's the stock standard answer from the pro guilt websites but it's not true.

He wasn't charged with theft which would have been another aggravator making him not eligible for the sentence reductions....that's what I've read but I don't know a lot about the Italian penal code. Mignini never appealed Guede's sentence reduction but appealed Amanda & Raffaele's convictions wanting them increased and her put in solitary using a special law for mafia dons where she'd be denied family visits, filmed going to the toilet and probably go insane....which was his plan imo.

Why was a known thief not charged with theft when it's his DNA on the purse in your opinion? Why do you think Mignini never appealed his sentence reduction?

I think Chrishalkides said it was possible that Guedes DNA could have been transferred by Merideth touching him before inserting a tampon.

incorrect... what chris_halkides actually posted:

secondary transfer of DNA to the genitalia
Suzanna Ryan wrote, "An example of how secondary transfer could conceivably affect the interpretation of a case was illustrated by Sarah Jones and Kirsty Scott of the SPSA Forensic Services (Aberdeen) during the Body Fluids Conference jointly hosted by the Forensic Science Society & the Centre for Forensic Investigation, University of Teesside and reported in Science and Justice 50 (2010). Jones and Scott performed experiments to determine if non-intimate contact could result in the transfer of DNA to a male volunteer’s underwear and penis. Of three scenarios reported, one resulted in the transfer of the female volunteers’ DNA to both the underwear (33% of the samples) and penis (67% of the samples) of the male volunteers even though no direct contact from the female to the male had occurred. The scenario involved 1 minute of face-touching, 3 minutes of handholding and immediate urination by the male. However, when a 15 minute period was introduced between the non-intimate contact and urination, no female DNA was detected on either the underwear or penis of the male volunteers."

However, these sorts of scenarios do not explain Guede's DNA on Meredith's clothing or on her body. He did not have a date; he did not live at the house. That is one of several reasons to trust the DNA evidence against him more than against Ms. Knox. However (as I have said previously), we can toss 100% of the DNA evidence against him if we don't trust any of the DNA forensics, and he is still guilty BARD twice over. I would convict him on the bloody handprint alone.

EDT
It is extremely unlikely that Guede's DNA came to be where it was other than by intimate contact, the tampon conjecture to the contrary notwithstanding. Of course one obvious way to settle the matter is to test the putative semen stain twice, once to determine whether or not it is semen and once for DNA.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

I believe that what I indicated was that such a DNA transfer was very unlikely in this case. I have never seen any evidence of a PR campaign besides the hiring of David Marriott's firm. Nor can a PR campaign, even if it existed, control what an independent media writes. Given the lightness of his sentence, Guede's lawyers must have been excellent. Finally, sometimes having money only just ensures that one gets justice, nothing more (for example, the Duke lacrosse case).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

btw, the tampons i use are in a cardboard applicator... if MK used a similar type, she wouldn't have touched the tampon in any way while inserting it.

I know that's the stock standard answer from the pro guilt websites but it's not sure.

He wasn't charged with theft which would have been another aggravator making him not eligible for the sentence reductions....that's what I've read but I don't know a lot about the Italian penal code. Mignini never appealed Guede's sentence reduction but appealed Amanda & Raffaele's convictions wanting them increased and her put in solitary using a special law for mafia dons where she'd be denied family visits, filmed going to the toilet and probably go insane....which was his plan imo.

Why was a known thief not charged with theft when it's his DNA on the purse in your opinion? Why do you think Mignini never appealed his sentence reduction?

Were any of them charged with theft?

I think a theft charge wasn't added because they believed it to be part of the staging. Which AK and RS were charged with. RGs DNA was found on an empty purse that MK hadn't carried that day. You say an iPod was in it but have no proof of that and it's the first time I've heard that.

I don't know how the system works as far as sentences being reduced and appealed. I know that the years came down to match AK/RS and the judge had mitigating factors.

incorrect... what chris_halkides actually posted:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

btw, the tampons i use are in a cardboard applicator... if MK used a similar type, she wouldn't have touched the tampon in any way while inserting it.

And as I said, I agree that it was unlikely to have gotten there any other way than directly. No argument here!

I think a theft charge wasn't added because they believed it to be part of the staging. Which AK and RS were charged with. RGs DNA was found on an empty purse that MK hadn't carried that day. You say an iPod was in it but have no proof of that and it's the first time I've heard that.

I don't know how the system works as far as sentences being reduced and appealed. I know that the years came down to match AK/RS and the judge had mitigating factors.

theft charges? check!

charged: http://www.italymagazine.com/italy/umbria/kercher-suspect-laughing-after-murder
acquitted: http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/dec/04/amanda-knox-sobs-guilty-verdict-read/?print=1

I know that's the stock standard answer from the pro guilt websites but it's not sure.

total non sequiter, but the last damn thing I care about if i'm in prison is whether someone can watch me use the toilet. My opinion is if you can do that as part of your job and actually choose to do it...I'm winning lol

Amanda & Raffaele were charged for the theft but not Guede.

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/contents/front-matter/

D)

of the offense under C.P. Articles 110, 624, for having, in conspiracy between themselves, in order to procure an unjust profit, [and] in the circumstances of time and place described under Charges A) and C), taken possession of OMISSIS [i.e. items which Knox and Sollecito were acquitted of having stolen are omitted] two cellular telephones belonging to MEREDITH KERCHER, removing them from the custody of the latter (an act to be described under C.P. Article 624-bis, the place of commission of the crime, contained in Charge A), being recalled here).

The bag had Meredith's Ipod and purse and a few other things. The contents of her bag are in "Murder in Italy".

Have a look at the reasoning in his sentencing report to justify the cut to 16 years. Even though he went dancing and fled the country which normally you'd think wouldn't entitle to anyone to mitigating circumstances, he had "acute stress disorder" and it was nice of him to volunteer to return to Italy even though he'd been caught in Germany.

http://borsinibellardi.wordpress.com/contents/reasons-for-the-decision/

There's something in Angel Face about Nadeau having lunch with Biscotti and he got a call securing a deal for him.

I disagree. I think RS and Ak are on trial because AS accused an innocent man and placed herself at the scene.

But what she said regarded PL, not RG. RG was never mentioned. And this was during a long interrogation where she was "confronted" by claims that RS said she left, that she was planning to hook up with PL, that evidence was in that would prove she did. She was assaulted and intimidated and threatened. She was asked to "imagine" what might have happened in a foreign language. She didn't fully understand what they were going on about, and they didn't fully understand what she was going on about. And in the course of all this you get a "statement" in a foreign language that no one can be sure was understood. The most telling part about it is that she does not directly accuse PL of doing anything, but rather LE are making that conclusion based on the fact that MK was dead. Is this not suspiciously coincidental considering that this was what their line of questioning was pushing towards?

So, the fact is that the "statement" is not accurate, and consequently you cannot draw any conclusions from it.

If they had recorded the interview, as they are required to do by law, instead of hiding behind the rules for interviewing "witnesses", then their would be no ambiguity about the statement. But they did not, and there is sufficient reason to believe that the statement was coerced. Therefore IMO it should not be admissible or be considered.

Keep in mind that she admitted no wrongdoing at all in the statement.

So, the facts of the case are not consistent with the statement, and it contains no admission.

Not only that, the circumstances under which the statement was extracted are highly dubious. The local LE claim they were honorable and did everything properly, BUT WHY DID THEY NOT RECORD THE INTERVIEW IN THAT CASE? Clearly they didn't do that because they were not honorable and did not do everything properly IMO.

Under the circumstance the statement carries little weight other than to demonstrate the lengths that the local LE would be prepared to go to once they had formed a "theory".

I was wrong about the contents of the brown faux leather bag. Even if it was empty Guede should have been charged with the theft because it's pretty obvious he went through her bag looking for any cash after he'd killed her because her blood is also on the bag.

Murder in Italy p73

A beige shoulder bag, apparently bloodstained, containing an iPod, a plastic make up bag, a black pencil, a pen, red lipstick, mascara, and a crumpled white handkerchief.

I know this is probably a dumb question but if it hasn't been tested how do they know it's semen?

Because it glowed like semen under crimescope. By the Italian prosecution's logic it makes it semen without testing.

By normal logic it requires testing to exclude that it's semen or to find out whose semen it is.

I don't know where this misconception is coming from, but Guede's DNA was not on a tampon, but simply in her vagina. It was collected by a vaginal swab during autopsy.

And as I said, I agree that it was unlikely to have gotten there any other way than directly. No argument here!

I think Chrishalkides said it was possible that Guedes DNA could have been transferred by Merideth touching him before inserting a tampon. It's possible. And Guede says he's innocent, just as AK and RS do. He says he was trying to save her. Although I think he's guilty, I think Rs's DNA on the bra and Ak's blood at the crime scene, (the murder was not the only crime) are just as reliable. They all say they are innocent so why are RS and AK the only ones that are believable? They have all lied and changed their stories. This is JMO.

since when does "possible" mean "unlikely"?

possible (MW online): able to be done

unlikely (MW online): improbable

I don't know where this misconception is coming from, but Guede's DNA was not on a tampon, but simply in her vagina. It was collected by a vaginal swab during autopsy.

That information comes from Stephanoni's power point:

page 37

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/testimonianza2.pdf

When placed into google translate-

Tamponi vaginali=vaginal swabs or the alternate translation is vaginal tampons

i had never heard about a tampon until maybe 2 months ago when it was brought up here. then someone posted it was a mix up with the italian "tamponi" which does translate to swab in google translate. then someone else said that was wrong...

a powerpoint presentation attributed to PS was linked... IIRC, in it, both "tampone" and "tamponi" was used (or two very closely spelled versions beginning with "tamp")... which might've given someone the wrong conclusion. maybe it was just a spelling/typing error. i cannot find the presentation to link though...

http://www.amandaknox.com/2013/12/12/how-he-broke-in/#comments

Have a look at the comment posted December 20, 2013 at 08:52 and Amanda's reply below it.

i admire amanda's ability to calmly, and with so much class, refute the hate-filled bullying comments.

pg 37 of the presentation harmony linked says both tamponi and tampone...

is it a spelling mistake or are there two different meanings?

an interesting piece on those supposedly untaped interrogations:

http://knoxarchives.blogspot.ca/2010/01/co-prosecutor-manuela-comodi-confirms.html

whoa -- this article mentions a SECOND reason (excuse? lie?) given by mignini as to why the interrogation wasn't taped:

--the police were so excited over PL being named, they forgot

but i thought it was b/c of budgetary constraints?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#5

so mignini, which is it?!!

A poster on another forum (pro-innocent) had mentioned that Rudy placed Meredith's scream at around 9:20 pm, and had theorized that perhaps Rudy had been sitting on the toilet with the door open (thinking the place was empty) and when she came through the front door and stepped into the kitchen, she saw him and screamed.

This got me to thinking of other details:

Rudy had said that when he had met Meredith outside of the cottage for the date, she had taken out her keys, opened the door, and yelled, "Anybody home?".

• So this may have been heard by him from the toilet (he is sitting on the toilet with the door open, and hears her keys and hears her yell, "Anybody home?" and then she steps into the kitchen (edit: correction: should be living area) sees him sitting on the toilet and screams.) He had also said in the Skype conversation that he jumped up and ran with his pants still down - so this he does running toward her as she runs to her room. The struggle ensues.
  • The later scream heard by Nara and the arguing of a man and woman in Italian, could have been Amanda screaming when she found Meredith dead, and Raffaele yelling that she shouldn't be covering her with the duvet and locking the door- there will be signs of them there. Possibly. Just musing here and leaving this for later reference.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB