Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I visualize him pulling it from the back away from her skin, touching the clasp because it sticks out farther than the material, and cutting it. Do we leave DNA on everything we touch? If so, I'm surprised there isn't much more DNA. I don't know.

Everywhere I've read about this it says the clasp section was cut. I do believe I read that a strap or something was torn though. Do you have a translated link that says the clasp was torn?
Yes, I believe in Massei it is told that the bra was cut with a small knife, definitely, in several places. And in many articles and posts it is stated that the bra was removed by cutting the back strap with a knife, among other places.

The bra clasp never left the bedroom and RS's DNA was supposedly only found on the bra clasp and a cigarette butt that he and AK shared, from my knowledge. If that's not correct, please let me know
It's not correct to say the bra clasp never left the room. There's simply no police documentation for the ransacking of the scene that occurred before the December inspection. We simply don't know what was going on with the bra clasp during that time. We know it looked considerably dirtier.

Sampling for DNA was much more extensive inside the bedroom than anywhere else. That means that not detecting DNA inside the murder room is much more telling than not detecting DNA anywhere else in the villa.

For example no samples were taken from the outside surface or outside handle of bedroom door but it is reasonable that there was some Raffaele's DNA on it.

DNA transfer is stochastic. We simply have no data to know if the one detected transfer to the bra hook is plenty or rather not much given the circumstances. We don't know how many other transfer occurrences went undetected.

What is immediately obvious is the disparity between many Guede's traces in the murder room and the absolute, total lack of Amanda's traces and the single, solitary, contested and controversial trace of Raffaele. It requires some explanation. The prosecution can't give any. I haven't seen any here, either.

Why would he cut it off and what exactly was he doing with the virtual stranger Guede he didn't know and had just met doing this? What time do you think this happened?

I think he cut it off because it wasn't tearing off, hence the bent clasp. I think he and Amanda ran into RG and invited him over to get high. And I think the murder occurred between 10pm and 11pm. JMO

Considering the clasp was bent, I think it's highly likely it would have been touched.

When I was dating, (OMG so many years ago, LOL) I remember guys trying to unhook my clasp quite often (until I cuffed them on the back of the head) and they weren't doing it the way I would have.

I think it's more likely the hooks were bent by the same force that ripped the bra apart.

IMO it's simply not possible to touch only the hook and not the fabric unless this is exactly the intention, like in the police video we've seen.

I visualize him pulling it from the back away from her skin, touching the clasp because it sticks out farther than the material, and cutting it. Do we leave DNA on everything we touch? If so, I'm surprised there isn't much more DNA. I don't know.
Forcible action like this would have left DNA. In fact there is DNA on the side of the bra where Guede pulled to rip the bra. DNA on the hook and not on the clasp itself looks very very implausible. Until we watch the video showing the cops rubbing the hook and grabbing it with dirty gloves.

Everywhere I've read about this it says the clasp section was cut. I do believe I read that a strap or something was torn though. Do you have a translated link that says the clasp was torn?

There was an analysis of this on IIP.

It's visible in the photos that the seams of the bra were undone by force. Both of the shoulder straps are ripped at the seams, not cut into parts, the close up of the clasp shows it's not cut, too. There would be another layer of cut fabric on it.

Yes, I believe in Massei it is told that the bra was cut with a small knife, definitely, in several places. And in many articles and posts it is stated that the bra was removed by cutting the back strap with a knife, among other places.
To add to the above, during Crini's summation/closing arguments (via Twitter via Google Chrome translate) :

Crini spoke about a second, knife (small and very sharp) that he believes was used in the cutting off of Kecher's bra (in several places) and that this is different to the bigger kitchen knife which left the outline print on the sheet.

Found an interesting fact, unknown to me before, which is a strike against the lone wolf theory:

* (unless it has been refuted: If anyone knows if it has, please direct me to the link. tia)

p 96 Translation: Supreme Court of Cassation of Italy Sentencing Report

"the objective fact that only after midnight did the victim's telephones stop connecting to the cell tower of via della Pergola and connect instead with the one on via Sperandio, where they were eventually found; this meant that only after midnight were they removed by unknown hands from the flat in via della Pergola."

If people believe the murder took place around 9:20 or so , by a lone wolf Guede, why would Guede not have immediately fled the scene and tossed the phones? Did he return to the scene? Or hang around until midnight?

Found an interesting fact, unknown to me before, which is a strike against the lone wolf theory:

* (unless it has been refuted: If anyone knows if it has, please direct me to the link. tia)

p 96 Translation: Supreme Court of Cassation of Italy Sentencing Report

"the objective fact that only after midnight did the victim's telephones stop connecting to the cell tower of via della Pergola and connect instead with the one on via Sperandio, where they were eventually found; this meant that only after midnight were they removed by unknown hands from the flat in via della Pergola."

If people believe the murder took place around 9:20 or so , by a lone wolf Guede, why would Guede not have immediately fled the scene and tossed the phones? Did he return to the scene? Or hang around until midnight?

Already the 22:13 connection were by a different tower. There are many "approximations" like this in SC motivation.

Already the 22:13 connection were by a different tower. There are many "approximations" like this in SC motivation.
Where were they then? And where is this said? thanks

Where were they then? And where is this said? thanks

in Massei there is a chapter on phone activity.

IMO at 22:13 the phones were with Guede. Either at his place already or somewhere in between. Raffaele's defence expert found the cell tower is most compatible with a town park located few minutes from the cottage in the direction of Lana's garden were the phones ended up. (It's in his appeal)

Another thing which I now find the American media was most definitely misleading on :

When in this current process of the appellate trial in Florence, the knife was retested and AK's dna was found on it (but not the victim's ) they claimed this as a victory for the defense--- I have no argument with that.

But they also claimed that the Supreme Court of Cassation had declared that this knife test was going to be the decisive and determining factor.

This is simply not true: On the contrary, the SCC says on pp 98-99 that the remanded Judge (Nincini) will have the task of evaluating everything (forensics, circumstantial, testimony, witnesses, statements, calumnia) and then and only then will such an evaluation - which integrates everything - show that the two defendants were at the crime scene, and rule out other scenarios.

It's not correct to say the bra clasp never left the room. There's simply no police documentation for the ransacking of the scene that occurred before the December inspection. We simply don't know what was going on with the bra clasp during that time. We know it looked considerably dirtier.

Sampling for DNA was much more extensive inside the bedroom than anywhere else. That means that not detecting DNA inside the murder room is much more telling than not detecting DNA anywhere else in the villa.

For example no samples were taken from the outside surface or outside handle of bedroom door but it is reasonable that there was some Raffaele's DNA on it.

DNA transfer is stochastic. We simply have no data to know if the one detected transfer to the bra hook is plenty or rather not much given the circumstances. We don't know how many other transfer occurrences went undetected.

What is immediately obvious is the disparity between many Guede's traces in the murder room and the absolute, total lack of Amanda's traces and the single, solitary, contested and controversial trace of Raffaele. It requires some explanation. The prosecution can't give any. I haven't seen any here, either.

There is nothing to suggest to me that the clasp ever left the room. We don't know if there was more DNA on the bra that was rubbed off.

The small bathroom was tested extensively with no trace of RG despite the fact that some think he was in there scrubbing blood off his skin.

To me, you can't have it both ways...no DNA shows that RS and AK were not in the bedroom yet no DNA from RG shows that he was in the small bathroom.

Good find on the phones SMK. I'd thought I'd read that but couldn't remember where.

Another thing which I now find the American media was most definitely misleading on :

When in this current process of the appellate trial in Florence, the knife was retested and AK's dna was found on it (but not the victim's ) they claimed this as a victory for the defense--- I have no argument with that.

But they also claimed that the Supreme Court of Cassation had declared that this knife test was going to be the decisive and determining factor.

This is simply not true: On the contrary, the SCC says on pp 98-99 that the remanded Judge (Nincini) will have the task of evaluating everything (forensics, circumstantial, testimony, witnesses, statements, calumnia) and then and only then will such an evaluation - which integrates everything - show that the two defendants were at the crime scene, and rule out other scenarios.

I thought this was very strange as well. The fact that they found AK's blood on it doesn't discount the fact that they also found MK's blood on it. IMO

I thought this was very strange as well. The fact that they found AK's blood on it doesn't discount the fact that they also found MK's blood on it. IMO
Right - this is true of the knife evidence, good point. And even more, the SCC says it is the totality and integration of all the data which counts, and not parts in isolation.

I think it was a misunderstanding. IIRC the SC did call the knife "decisive" but in the meaning that finding Meredith's DNA in the new test would be decisive.

There is nothing to suggest to me that the clasp ever left the room. We don't know if there was more DNA on the bra that was rubbed off.
Surely we can assume there was a lot of Raffaele's and Amanda's DNA in the room that was "rubbed off", disappeared, went unnoticed, whatever. The problem is we need to find a plausible scenario, not just a scenario. All the other elements already make Amanda's and Raffaele's involvement implausible: the time of death, the lack of motive, the impossible kitchen knife story, Guede's background, etc.

If you absolutely need to postulate something very implausible to support what is already defying belief, where is the moment that you stop and think: maybe just maybe it doesn't make sense after all?

The small bathroom was tested extensively with no trace of RG despite the fact that some think he was in there scrubbing blood off his skin.
Who thinks he was scrubbing? Rinsing blood will not deposit one's DNA like a forceful struggle will.
To me it's absolutely clear that Guede deposited Meredith's DNA in the bathroom because the blood he was rinsing was Meredith's. Also, there were many more samples taken in the bedroom than in the bathroom.

To me, you can't have it both ways...no DNA shows that RS and AK were not in the bedroom yet no DNA from RG shows that he was in the small bathroom.
There was no fight, no struggle, no murder, no ripping clothes apart in the bathroom.

The fact that two independent tests by two teams of experts couldn't confirm Stefanoni's strange result will be significant for the value of the kitchen knife as evidence.

The test performed by RIS was extremely sensitive, much more then Stefanoni's. They managed to divide the sample and test it yet found no Meredith's DNA.

I think it was a misunderstanding. IIRC the SC did call the knife "decisive" but in the meaning that finding Meredith's DNA in the new test would be decisive.
OK - but the point I was making is that the SCC says that what will be decisive and what the remanded Judge must keep in mind is not the knife - nor anything else - it is the totality and integration of all the data involving this case.

in Massei there is a chapter on phone activity.

IMO at 22:13 the phones were with Guede. Either at his place already or somewhere in between. Raffaele's defence expert found the cell tower is most compatible with a town park located few minutes from the cottage in the direction of Lana's garden were the phones ended up. (It's in his appeal)
The prosecution said that many calls made or received by Kercher's phone used this tower near Lana's garden.

Surely we can assume there was a lot of Raffaele's and Amanda's DNA in the room that was "rubbed off", disappeared, went unnoticed, whatever. The problem is we need to find a plausible scenario, not just a scenario. All the other elements already make Amanda's and Raffaele's involvement implausible: the time of death, the lack of motive, the impossible kitchen knife story, Guede's background, etc.

If you absolutely need to postulate something very implausible to support what is already defying belief, where is the moment that you stop and think: maybe just maybe it doesn't make sense after all?

Who thinks he was scrubbing? Rinsing blood will not deposit one's DNA like a forceful struggle will.
To me it's absolutely clear that Guede deposited Meredith's DNA in the bathroom because the blood he was rinsing was Meredith's. Also, there were many more samples taken in the bedroom than in the bathroom.

There was no fight, no struggle, no murder, no ripping clothes apart in the bathroom.

I suppose I could also ask you the question of what would it take for you to change your POV. You find it implausible that RG would have left his DNA in the bathroom by washing in there. I would have to ask you what you think AK was doing that left her DNA there if it wasn't from washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020