Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charged by whom? I thought the prosecutors were the ones who bring charges in the first place.....

There would be an investigation into the highly irregular interrogation. The question why there is no recording of it while Amanda wrote on the morning after detailing the abusive and criminal nature of the questioning still lingers.
Both Mignini and the Perugian and Roman cops are involved.

Sooner or later someone will look into this and request the answers. The only way to postpone it or defuse is to convict her or at least keep her on trial forever.

I was not aware of these scandals (excepting the Monster of Florence stuff). I would like to believe they "went easy" on Guede because they saw him as a bit player (a farce of course if one believes in the Lone Wolf theory, admittedly) and they knew Sollecito and Knox would be more newsworthy on a global level ( albeit they believed them guilty in order to want them to be newsworthy).

What you believe about Mignini et al makes them so evil, so pernicious, so utterly hideous and heinous - that they are like the beast rising from the sea in the book of Revelation. I hope you're wrong.

I don' think it was because they went any easier on him than with Amanda and RS. I think they treated all 3 same way and not too tough, that is why they couldn't crack Rudy. And they couldn't crack Amanda or RS either.

That is why they could not get any information from any of them.

If they should be criticized for anything, it should be for their softness, because it is pretty sad that they could not get a lick of information out of any of them.

Had these interrogations been done in the US, I believe we would not be talking about any of this, they would have gotten all 3 to confess and tell the truth of what happened. They had 3 people, and they could not even figure out how to use them against each other. :facepalm:

Objectively it is evil. But it is not exceptional. Small town morality constrained to protecting your own group, blue wall of silence. With sufficient dose of dehumanizing of the outsiders (as Amanda and Raffaele were) and rationalization I think they even believe they do the right thing. "The American *advertiser censored* and her pothead boyfriend deserve a lesson anyway, for the drugs and being so slutty, don't they?"
Just like Aldo Bianzino deserved a lesson and got it. It was not their fault he was such a weakling and gave up the ghost from their lesson.
If this winds up being the truth, then I would hope the parties responsible would be brought to the fullest accountability. I still hope this is not the full story. As far as, "The American *advertiser censored* and her pothead boyfriend deserve a lesson anyway, for the drugs and being so slutty, don't they?"this would be unacceptable seeing as Perugia is full of students experimenting with drugs and sex. If Mignini is simply scapegoating these two, sacrificing them on the alter, as it were, it would diminish greatly the Italian ethos and he would have dishonored his own country. :tears: I don't know who Aldo Bianzino is :(

I don' think it was because they went any easier on him than with Amanda and RS. I think they treated all 3 same way and not too tough, that is why they couldn't crack Rudy. And they couldn't crack Amanda or RS either.

That is why they could not get any information from any of them.

If they should be criticized for anything, it should be for their softness, because it is pretty sad that they could not get a lick of information out of any of them.

Interesting. What kind of "hard treatment" in your opinion should be applied in the interrogations?

I don't know who Aldo Bianzino is :(

Google is your friend. He was arrested by Perugians and died in Capanne prison solitary in suspicious circumstances 3 weeks before Amanda's arrest.

There would be an investigation into the highly irregular interrogation. The question why there is no recording of it while Amanda wrote on the morning after detailing the abusive and criminal nature of the questioning still lingers.
Both Mignini and the Perugian and Roman cops are involved.

Sooner or later someone will look into this and request the answers. The only way to postpone it or defuse is to convict her or at least keep her on trial forever.

The words abusive and criminal nature must be rolling in their graves......

The words abusive and criminal nature must be rolling in their graves......

That's what screaming and hits to the head in the middle of the night look like to me.

I don't think harsh treatment or torture while interrogating witnesses leads to truth.

Google is your friend. He was arrested by Perugians and died in Capanne prison solitary in suspicious circumstances 3 weeks before Amanda's arrest.
OK, I read it. It involved cannabis, and he asked for aid and didn't receive it. So if Mignini was involved, there seems to be a narrative of morally reprehensible extreme crack-down on "undesirables". This would seem to be exactly as the liberal media would want to portray the Perugians. I keep thinking (hoping?) that things are not so black and white as this. I tend to be suspicious of the successful narrative (liberal and postmodern) and protective of the underdog (the classical conservative like Mignini). I don't know what to think now........:scared::facepalm: I see they mention Dr. Lali (from Kercher case/Massei) as the coroner in the Aldo case and claim he is morally irresponsible :tears:

Objectively it is evil. But it is not exceptional. Small town morality constrained to protecting your own group, blue wall of silence. With sufficient dose of dehumanizing of the outsiders (as Amanda and Raffaele were) and rationalization I think they even believe they do the right thing. "The American *advertiser censored* and her pothead boyfriend deserve a lesson anyway, for the drugs and being so slutty, don't they?"
Just like Aldo Bianzino deserved a lesson and got it. It was not their fault he was such a weakling and gave up the ghost from their lesson.

All of this is in your opinion correct?

Seems the whole second half of the last page is filled with a bunch of conspiracy theory, speculation, and opinions of the Perugian LE that isn't stated as such.

Amber, I'm not sure if you saw my post a few pages back I'm interested to know if you agree with Crini they left Raffaele's apartment after trying to watch a cartoon at 9.26pm and arrived at the cottage by 9.31pm? Did they find Guede there and the murder sex orgy happened in 30 minutes?

What in your opinion made them want to leave Raffaele's apartment after loading a cartoon on his computer?

To leave the bra clasp, that they saw on the floor, at the cottage for 46 days is beyond comprehension for me. They knew what Meredith had on when she was killed, they took the bra itself (if I am not mistaken) but left the clasp? Then we have the jacket. Once they talked to the friends that last saw Meredith and found out what she was wearing, why wait 46 days to go and get that clothing to have it tested? So many things that appear to be done wrong. It just boggles my mind that someone can trust the evidence after seeing how it was collected.

MOO

That is what is suspicious. You would think that if they were competent they would have been keeping records of what they were doing, and if they had identified the clasp as an item of interest it is hard to believe that it would have just been "forgotten" for almost 2 months.

And particularly since the clasp later was "improperly stored" and degraded preventing further analysis. It seems very convenient that this should happen to such a critical piece of evidence that had been collected under such dubious circumstances.

Well, I know what you mean. But Mignini, Massei, Micheli, Crini do believe they have answered to all and created a cohesive narrative and rendered a logical explanation from the pieces.

Because they see it as their job to do that.

You see the same thing with many prosecutors in wrongful conviction scenarios - they will fight against overturning the verdict tooth and nail and delay/obstruct examination of new evidence even when it is clear that the conviction probably is wrongful. And even after a reversal many of them will still dispute it.

I think that with a lot of these people it is not about justice at all, but about winning and being "right", no matter what the actual facts are. It is human nature.

Massei provides an answer about the knife - it was carried by Amanda for protection :facepalm:

nothing about the other issues.

No, SMK, they don't believe they have a scenario. They know they have none and they hope they need none. they must hope the smoke and mirrors and character assassination will be enough.

In her purse?

Women, especially middle class educated ones, do not carry kitchen knives as protection. Or any knife for that matter.

Does he have any evidence for that? Or is he just making it up?

Because they see it as their job to do that.

You see the same thing with many prosecutors in wrongful conviction scenarios - they will fight against overturning the verdict tooth and nail and delay/obstruct examination of new evidence even when it is clear that the conviction probably is wrongful. And even after a reversal many of them will still dispute it.

I think that with a lot of these people it is not about justice at all, but about winning and being "right", no matter what the actual facts are. It is human nature.

Maybe for the prosecutors, it's their job to fight to win conviction of people they see as guilty of the crime, but what about for the judges?

Maybe for the prosecutors, it's their job to fight to win conviction of people they see as guilty of the crime, but what about for the judges?

Judges?

The first court was manipulated by a video animation, shown in the plea. You can read about the possible manipulation of such animations on the following page:

http://theconversation.com/computer-generated-images-influence-trial-results-19734

And the second court had determined "not guilty".

The SC want to have a better motivation report and some additional tests which now doesn't confirm the guilt.

So did Follain not say where he got this information from? I would think that should have been included in his book.

I only read Google books excerpts; I assume, as with other authors, he has a page which says, "I took my information from court transcripts, interviews, etc."

i am awaiting follain's book from the library... i will look this up when i have access...

IIRC, dempsey did not mention the bolded in her book, and she didn't provide sources for details. i believe burleigh used notes to cite sources where appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member