Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bruise on her neck?!

My apologies if this is common knowledge. I've followed this case from the beginning but irregularly.

Oh, you noticed the bruise on her neck! Wow! That, like everything else which could be harmful to Amanda, usually gets tossed to the side. We're supposed to just believe Amanda's story that it's a hickey. I guess that is up to each of individually to decide what it is - hickey or possibly a mark which occured during the murder.

Hi Aleph...

This article states that Knox had a hickey but no other cuts and bruises were documented. Rudy, according to the article, also had no cuts or bruises when arrested 9 days later.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/06/27/at-knox-trial-the-killer-speaks.html

According to Amanda, it's a hickey. There is no independent fact anywhere stating that it really was hickey.

I'm sorry, but just because the Daily Beast states it doesn't make it a fact.

According to Amanda, it's a hickey. There is no independent fact anywhere stating that it really was hickey.

Never in my entire life have I been unable to distinguish a bruise, from a hickey from a . . . cough...curling iron burn, etc. A hickey has a distinctive look about it. I can't tell from that pic what it is, but I'm sure the people who were standing there looking at it close up in real life could. jmo

yes, it's all strange. Maybe there is more, seeing as how his father is threatening to sue the girl now.

I mean, really, this marriage thing just makes him look desperate, it doesn't really seem that big of a deal to me.

Now if he had said something about the murder, about Amanda, or about Rudy - that would have been interesting.

I think it's a big deal.
It shows what kinda people they BOTH are.
Considering one is accused of murder, I would think his integrity, honesty and character are VERY important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/testimonianza2.pdf

Reference profiles of Knox, Sollecito, Guede, Meredith, Lumumba.
Ok thanks. That makes sense. I don't agree that they would have suddenly found Filomena's DNA if they had her profile though. It is not like there were a bunch of unknown DNA spots. It is still Meredith's blood with Knox's DNA that doesn't belong there. Neither would it have made much sense to test 50 random objects in that room. They tested the floor with Luminol, the blood spots and some obvious items such as the rock. What else could they have possibly done there?

Confusing. That is where I found it, but it makes sense that it was Lumumba's profile since he was a suspect at first and not Filomena.

Why would her name be attached to the analysis?

Never in my entire life have I been unable to distinguish a bruise, from a hickey from a . . . cough...curling iron burn, etc. A hickey has a distinctive look about it. I can't tell from that pic what it is, but I'm sure the people who were standing there looking at it close up in real life could. jmo

Laura described it as an injury, not a hickey.

Where does it come from? It looks like they've replaced Lumumba's profile with Filomena's.

Why do you say that? Is there another chart that is identical but with Lumumba's name instead?

Well, the article does not state Amanda was the source for the information. Meredith's fingernail clippings were tested and only her own DNA was found.

Reminder from the guidelines for posting:
* linking to forums is not allowed

Hi Aleph...

This article states that Knox had a hickey but no other cuts and bruises were documented. Rudy, according to the article, also had no cuts or bruises when arrested 9 days later.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/06/27/at-knox-trial-the-killer-speaks.html

I have to wonder where her blood came from then that was on the faucet. I've really never thought it came from the neck but photos show her ears looking fine. Could she have had a nose bleed that she forgot about? That's the only kind of injury I can imagine that bleeds enough to leave droplets of blood.

I have to wonder where her blood came from then that was on the faucet. I've really never thought it came from the neck but photos show her ears looking fine. Could she have had a nose bleed that she forgot about? That's the only kind of injury I can imagine that bleeds enough to leave droplets of blood.

To be honest I have never seen good close-up photos of both ears during that time period. I noted multiple piercings on the one photo you posted. Supposedly she was a poor domestic cleaner so no telling how long that small droplet had been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar