Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know or have a sense about out Italians feel about this case?

this isn't case specific but,

According to a November 2009 poll by Euromedia research group, only sixteen percent of Italians fully trust the current justice system in Italy. Just two years ago, the figure was twenty eight percent. Italian civil rights groups are intense in their criticism of what they view as kangaroo courts.

Italy ranks 69th out of 183 countries on Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index, which measures perceptions of public sector corruption.

Italy falls short on many counts, said Lorenzo Segato, director of the Research Centre on Security and Crime, based in Torri di Quartesolo, which carried out the study on behalf of Transparency International. Those include questionable institutional integrity, weak control mechanisms, biased news media and a social code that condones certain illegalities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/31/w...nables-italy-corruption-report-says.html?_r=1

My apologies ... I should have put it in quotation marks, as it wasn't exactly my word. Still, anyone that wants the "dumb police" to leave murderers on the street should rethink the consequences.

the only murderer left on the street was guede.

They don't have enough money from their own books?

that human beings are this charitable, generous and willing to financially assist a now 7 year long legal battle w/ millions$ of dollar$ $pent is amazing to me!! and, i would bet that anyone here falsely accused of heinous crimes and thrown in prison erroneously for years, would appreciate similar support.

"Legal experts agree that it is unlikely that Italy would seek extradition until there is a final verdict. Still, Markus Wiget, trial lawyer in Milan with expertise in extraditions, said Italy could — but probably would not — seek immediate extradition on grounds of urgency, which could include the risk a defendant would disappear.

Dershowitz believes double jeopardy would not be an issue because Knox's acquittal was not a final judgment. He also doubts that the United States would want to set a precedent by refusing to extradite her if she is convicted, given that the United States makes frequent extradition requests for defendants sought by U.S. courts.

"The easiest thing for the court to do is acquit. It probably ends it there. If it is a conviction, it is just the beginning of what would be a very lengthy and difficult process," Dershowitz said."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/knox-trial-nears-3rd-verdict-22280744?page=2

the only murderer left on the street was guede.

that human beings are this charitable, generous and willing to financially assist a now 7 year long legal battle w/ millions$ of dollar$ $pent is amazing to me!! and, i would bet that anyone here falsely accused of heinous crimes and thrown in prison erroneously for years, would appreciate similar support.

bbm

Yes, and if she is actually guilty, then what are we supposed to do? Lose all faith in humanity? Maybe it's better than we'll never know.

Re: The Forgotten Killer

So, did Tom Wright (80 page book compiler) know Amanda when she was an infant, and got to know the family 15 years ago? I hope he was a bit more precise when compiling the 80 pages.

"But Tom, who has known Knox, 26, since she was an infant, says the facts are overwhelming and that’s what drove him to compile this book."

"My family have known her family for maybe 15 years, we knew Amanda from middle school onwards, and knew this whole thing was impossible."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amanda-knox-retrial-new-book-3092126#.UunkP013uAi

The more I think about it the angrier I get. It annoys me to death how she is constantly running her mouth. She loves to get her version out there.... Interviews, book, e-mail to the court. But the one place it would count...court...she's a no show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Forgotten Killer

So, did Tom Wright (80 page book compiler) know Amanda when she was an infant, and got to know the family 15 years ago?

"But Tom, who has known Knox, 26, since she was an infant, says the facts are overwhelming and that’s what drove him to compile this book."

"My family have known her family for maybe 15 years, we knew Amanda from middle school onwards, and knew this whole thing was impossible."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amanda-knox-retrial-new-book-3092126#.UunkP013uAi

Eyeroll...Scott Peterson's mom thought he "could never" too!

Honestly...how often does a murder happen and those close to the perp say..."yep, saw that coming a mile away"?

This:

"Even if it rules in her favor, there may still be a price to pay, as Kercher’s family could sue for the profits from her book."

Could that really happen?

I dunno?

Don't see why not?

The more I think about it the angrier I get. It annoys me to death how she is constantly running her mouth. She loves to get her version out there.... Interviews, book, e-mail to the court. But the one place it would count...court...she's a no show!

Basically, when she sent an email to the Judge, he asked why she was not present at her own appeal. She requested the appeal, yet she is not interested in attending.

If the verdict is over-turned, she should write a letter of apology.

The latest "her version", another PR effort, is the 80 page book released Tuesday.

Basically, when she sent an email to the Judge, he asked why she was not present at her own appeal. She requested the appeal, yet she is not interested in attending.

If the verdict is over-turned, she should write a letter of apology.

The latest "her version", another PR effort, is the 80 page book released Tuesday.

I know! Grrrrrrrrr
I hear she's working on her degree in "creative writing" ;)

I know! Grrrrrrrrr
I hear she's working on her degree in "creative writing"

At the very least, we know that the compiler has memory problems. Either he has known Knox since she was an infant, or since Middle School, but he seems to have said both with barely a breath between. Perhaps the rest of the book is more precise, and perhaps other errors in fact were missed.

After seeing her email writing skills, where she's going to tell it very slowly, and reading her short stories, I suspect that she's on the 80 year (not 4 year) creative writing program.

At the very least, we know that the compiler has memory problems. Either he has known Knox since she was an infant, or since Middle School, but he seems to have said both with barely a breath between. Perhaps the rest of the book is more precise, and perhaps other errors in fact were missed.

Fog...it rolled in:) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members