Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a complicated case when it comes to knowing what happened to Meredith and who did it, but because the prosecutor was a lunatic and delusional fantasist assisted by keystone cops & kangaroo courts, it still remains this crazy absurd conspiracy theory after 6 years even though all the "evidence" was debunked long ago. People still insist for some bizarre reason on believing two students dating a week teamed up somewhere with an unemployed criminal & burglar one of them didn't even know to commit a murder/rape on a friend in under an hour after watching a chick flick for no plausible reason whatsoever and then if it's not stupid enough, we're suppose to believe the students "cleaned & staged" the crime scene to look like the very MO of the burglar after he left and went out dancing. Who in their right mind would fall for such baloney?

Guede broke into the cottage via the window and was sitting on the toilet when Meredith walked in the door. He attacked her within minutes as she settled into her room for the evening and then raped her as she lay dying. He stole her cash, keys, phones and credit cards and then went dancing to establish an alibi and then fled to Germany. That's what the evidence proves and what common sense says. It's that simple (and horrible).

From Andrea Vogt below.

I wonder if we will hear anything about the results before Nov. 6?
I am not sure why the knife test is viewed as decisive and making or breaking the ruling?
What about the charges of dubious collection and storing practices? Or did this all go out with Hellman?

UPDATE OCT. 9, 2013
The new forensic testing of the knife ordered by Judge Alessandro Nencini at the start of Amanda Knox’s appeals trial in Florence is going ahead at the Caribinieri RIS laboratories in Rome. But how crucial will the results be to appeal outcome? If the DNA being tested matches the profile of either the victim Meredith Kercher or the other man already in jail for the murder, Rudy Guede, it is a very ominous sign for the defense. If more of Meredith’s DNA is found on the blade, it further confirms the prosecution’s assertion that the kitchen knife found in Sollecito’s flat was indeed the murder weapon. If Rudy Guede’s DNA is found on the blade, it confirms his story that he was stabbed in the palm by a knife-wielding attacker as he came out of the bathroom to see what all the fracas was about. Guede testified that the attacker said in Italian “Black man found, black man guilty,” before running out the door. He claims he found Meredith dying in her room and tried to save her, but, unable to stop the bleeding, eventually panicked and fled. Since Guede had never visited Sollecito’s flat, the prosecution would like argue that his DNA on the blade meant that either Knox or Sollecito brought the weapon back there after the murder and confrontation with Guede.

If, on the other hand, the DNA results are inconclusive, the forensic evidence could be interpreted as weakened and there is more likelihood of acquittal, partial acquittal or conviction on lesser charges, such as omicidio colposo (manslaughter), options that remain open to the court. The presiding judge in the case has made it clear he believes there is plenty of material already deposited in the court files (forensic reports, consultants’ analysis, debate and counter debate, transcripts, etc) for a fully informed and reasoned decision. How much weight is given to the new forensic results from the expanded testing of trace amounts of DNA on the knife remains an important hinge factor. The RIS in Rome will know the results very soon. But don’t expect any public debate until the results are presented before the court November 6.
http://thefreelancedesk.com/front_featured/amanda-knox-appeal-2/

This isn't a complicated case when it comes to knowing what happened to Meredith and who did it, but because the prosecutor was a lunatic and delusional fantasist assisted by keystone cops & kangaroo courts, it still remains this crazy absurd conspiracy theory after 6 years even though all the "evidence" was debunked long ago. People still insist for some bizarre reason on believing two students dating a week teamed up somewhere with an unemployed criminal & burglar one of them didn't even know to commit a murder/rape on a friend in under an hour after watching a chick flick for no plausible reason whatsoever and then if it's not stupid enough, we're suppose to believe the students "cleaned & staged" the crime scene to look like the very MO of the burglar after he left and went out dancing. Who in their right mind would fall for such baloney?

Guede broke into the cottage via the window and was sitting on the toilet when Meredith walked in the door. He attacked her within minutes as she settled into her room for the evening and then raped her as she lay dying. He stole her cash, keys, phones and credit cards and then went dancing to establish an alibi and then fled to Germany. That's what the evidence proves and what common sense says. It's that simple (and horrible).

The absolutely amazing thing about his case is that we all know who did it - Guede - <modsnip>

I am baffled as to why so many folks want to crucify two innocent kids.

There is no evidence of Guede in the bathroom that Meredith shared with Knox, but that doesn't prevent anyone from trying to argue that if we shorten the length of Guede's foot and add a hammertoe, it could be Guede's footprint on the bath mat. Suddenly the requirement that there be additional samples of Guede in the bathroom or moving towards the bathroom are unnecessary. That is, it's apparently easy to understand that Guede removed one sock and shoe, stepped in Meredith's blood, hopped from Meredith's bedroom, backwards, in one qiant leap around a corner to land with his foot half on the bathmat. He touched nothing else. Then, he leaped forward again, landed next to his shoe, put his shoe back on, and then ran out of the cottage.

What I'm saying is that it seems easy for some to argue the above scenario, but when it comes to the evidence implicating Sollecito, it cannot be accepted without a story built around it.

:goodpost:

Good point, Otto!

I wonder how much longer Raffaele will be totally oblivious to the fact that Amanda is letting him take the full brunt of everything?

Amanda never leaves the US to visit Raff. He comes here. She's at 'home' in familiar surroundings of Family and the place she grew up. Raff has traipsed the World looking for a place to light.

If the result is GUILTY, Amanda will let Raff rot before taking what she deserves.

Oh I fully, fully agree with you. I think another thing is that RS knows, though, that Amanda brings him publicity and thus the opportunity to write and sell his book, do media interviews, etc. If she wasn't involved, I doubt people would be that interested in him, after all she brings in the American factor, all the drama of it all.

Because AK's testimony re the interrogation is not the only evidence. We know she was in a foreign country being interrogated vigorously in a language she did not understand. (Yes, there was a translator. Have you ever endured an antagonistic questioning through a third party?)

Setting aside how many total hours the interrogation lasted on the day she "cracked", we know she was questioned for more than a few hours in the week following the murder.

Whether one believes the "head slap" story or not, there is ample evidence that AK was questioned under duress. One needn't take her word for it.

Or, on the other hand, it could be that her changing stories were because she was/is guilty and thus feeling pressure because of her fear of being caught, she was also getting her stories mixed up and throwing things around to see whatever stuck. Regarding the interrogation, we will never know because we can never know what was going on in her head.

Just like you say how can I know because I have never endured an antagonistic questioning through a third party, I can say how you know what goes on in the head of a guilty person under questioning? And have you ever been guilty of a crime and then questioned about that crime? Can you understand my point of view...that one can reason that that would be a stressful and pressure-filled interrogation, just as you can reason that being interrogated in a foreign country would be stressful and pressure-filled.

The absolutely amazing thing about his case is that we all know who did it - Guede - <modsnip>

What "kids" are being crucified?
Last I heard, Knox, Sollecito and Guede were all adults when they were convicted of murder.

Which of the two prosecutors was a lunatic and how do we know this?

Knox is anything but innocent.

I was always taught not to falsely blame others to escape consequences. But that's exactly what she did. IMO
I was also taught an apology and sincere regret not only consists of mere words but actions. She doesn't even have remorse for what she did to an innocent man! She's not attempted in any way shape or form tried to make amends.

She's the last person IMO that gets to play the victim card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FWIW, after everything i have read about this case, i'm inclined to agree with you. thanks for posting this

Agree.

No one ever said he was innocent.

Knox couldn't exactly do the same after, she couldn't flee to another country BUT she sure did lie about her alibi ....

No one ever said he was innocent.

Knox couldn't exactly do the same after, she couldn't flee to another country BUT she sure did lie about her alibi ....

The evidence actually supports Knox's alibi. An eyewitness placed her ad Raffaele at his place at about 8:45 pm. Detailed analysis of Raffaele's computer shows the movie Amalie being manually closed at 9:10 pm and a 24 minute anime short being started at 9:26 pm. The screensaver log shows intermittent activity all during that night. The longest time the screensaver kicked in was for 6 minutes. At 6:22 am, the screensaver kicked in and operated until mid day.

Meredith returned home a few minutes after 9 pm that night and was attacked by Rudy Geude almost immediately. At a time when Amanda and Raffaele were a half kilometer away.

Knox is anything but innocent.

I was always taught not to falsely blame others to escape consequences. But that's exactly what she did. IMO
I was also taught an apology and sincere regret not only consists of mere words but actions. She doesn't even have remorse for what she did to an innocent man! She's not attempted in any way shape or form tried to make amends.

She's the last person IMO that gets to play the victim card.

You need to watch Frontline: The Confessions to understand how the police can extract a false confession or statement from a suspect.

The evidence actually supports Knox's alibi. An eyewitness placed her ad Raffaele at his place at about 8:45 pm. Detailed analysis of Raffaele's computer shows the movie Amalie being manually closed at 9:10 pm and a 24 minute anime short being started at 9:26 pm. The screensaver log shows intermittent activity all during that night. The longest time the screensaver kicked in was for 6 minutes. At 6:22 am, the screensaver kicked in and operated until mid day.

Meredith returned home a few minutes after 9 pm that night and was attacked by Rudy Geude almost immediately. At a time when Amanda and Raffaele were a half kilometer away.

I'm curious what the source is for the movies and timeline. Everything I've read states that there is no evidence of human interaction with the computer after sometime between 8:30 and 9.

Would you happen to have a link to a news report or court transcript?

I just reviewed the Massei report and the conclusion regarding the last time that there was confirmed human interaction with the computer was at 6:27. The movie stopped playing, "irrespective of the physical presence of the user", at 9:10. The subsequent human interaction with the computer was at 5:32. That is, there is confirmed activity by Sollecito at 6:27, and then nothing until the following morning at 5:32.

http://www.westseattleherald.com/si...tachments/MasseiReportEnglishTranslation.pdf; p304

Regarding the statement that Meredith was murdered at 9 PM, that claim cannot be made. It is unknown when she was murdered. It is a possibility that Meredith noticed her money missing at around 10 PM and was in the process of placing a call to the bank regarding another 300 euros for the rent. That is more consistent with the rest of the timeline which includes the running up the stairs and the phones being thrown away by 12:10 AM.

You need to watch Frontline: The Confessions to understand how the police can extract a false confession or statement from a suspect.

That all fine well and good. I understand that... Im talking about her behavior afterwards right up through until today.

That not the point of my post. She didn't care! She isn't sorry! She didn't attempt to make amends.

That all fine well and good. I understand that... Im talking about her behavior afterwards right up through until today.

That not the point of my post. She didn't care! She isn't sorry! She didn't attempt to make amends.

We also know that she voluntarily went to the police station, that she wasn't questioned until after 11 PM. Presumably she couldn't give any answers because apparently she didn't speak Italian. At 12:30 she was finally able to understand the questions with the aid of a translator and an hour later, with everything being said twice (once in Italian and once in English), she provided a signed statement in English implicating Patrick. I fail to understand how an intelligent, educated woman could be coerced into providing a detailed lie in just over an hour.

Police expert Marco Trotta testified in the first trail about the file Amalie being closed at 9:10 pm. It's mentioned in the judges report from that trial.

On page 30 of Raffaele's appeal, it's pointed out that Spotlight data showed the file Naruto was opened at 9:26 pm. Apparently the police also watched this video after Raffaele was taken into custody.

The screensaver log information came from the same consultant that found the Spotlight data.

In verità, effettuando la ricerca con &#8220;Spotlight&#8221; nella versione 10.4.10, è stato
individuato almeno un file &#8220;Naruto ep 101.avi&#8221; che non è presente nella
consulenza della polizia postale, ma la cui data di ultima apertura risulta giovedì
1° novembre 2007 alle ore 21:26 (cioè nel periodo preso in esame dalla polizia
postale: 1° novembre 2007 ore 18:00 &#8211; 2 novembre 2007 ore 8:00).
La data di ultimo accesso (martedì 6 novembre 2007 ore 10:18:38 ) e di ultima
modifica di tale file (martedì 6 novembre 2007 ore 13:28:09) corrisponde ad un
periodo coincidente con il prelievo del laptop dalla abitazione di Raffaele
Sollecito, periodo nel quale vengono rilevate attività sul suddetto portatile
testimoniate dai file di log di sistema.

Police expert Marco Trotta testified in the first trail about the file Amalie being closed at 9:10 pm. It's mentioned in the judges report from that trial.

On page 30 of Raffaele's appeal, it's pointed out that Spotlight data showed the file Naruto was opened at 9:26 pm. Apparently the police also watched this video after Raffaele was taken into custody.

The screensaver log information came from the same consultant that found the Spotlight data.

Would you happen to have a link?
I suppose we have yet to hear whether this new evidence from the defense will be accepted by the appeal court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3